kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, RealRaptorsTalk said:

oD0Y711.png

 

It wasn't long ago that the Cavs were mocked for their faux-back uniforms, and rightfully so. They made cool fan jerseys but didn't belong on the court and helped usher in this era of muddled identities and looks of the week.

 

I don't dislike this look, but now the Raptors are gonna become a black and gold team? Oh Nike...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RealRaptorsTalk said:

oD0Y711.png

I actually don't mind this at all. Only real issues are that the current number font doesn't go with their '90s identity at all - and, of course, the old-school '90s color scheme would look nicer than the OVO colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I don't dislike this look, but now the Raptors are gonna become a black and gold team? Oh Nike...

 

Raptors have had a black and gold alternate before...Drake's colors and all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Raptors have had a black and gold alternate before...Drake's colors and all...

 

Yes, and this establishes a pattern rather than it being a one-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

 

Yes, and this establishes a pattern rather than it being a one-off.

They've had black and gold alternates since 2016, so the pattern is already well established by this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BShaw20 said:

If it’s fake, can someone please delete it?

 

Why? So somebody else can post it a couple pages from now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I actually don't mind this at all. Only real issues are that the current number font doesn't go with their '90s identity at all - and, of course, the old-school '90s color scheme would look nicer than the OVO colors.

Well thankfully it's not real ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 7:13 AM, BellaSpurs said:

Rapper memorial jerseys are dumb. Just like the prince memorial jersey was dumb.  If they’re gonna make jerseys about people they should represent people that have done something to the game of basketball. The Kobe jersey, while frustrating bad. Was better than the prince jersey by far. I’d go on to say the prince jersey was one of the worst in nba history.

 

You don't think there's an important relationship between hip-hop and basketball?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

You don't think there's an important relationship between hip-hop and basketball?

*Allen Iverson has entered the chat*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

You don't think there's an important relationship between hip-hop and basketball?

Percy Miller DID try out for the Raptors and Hornets...and also, this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

You don't think there's an important relationship between hip-hop and basketball?

Certain people won't understand this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

You don't think there's an important relationship between hip-hop and basketball?

 

Just because there is a relationship between hip-hop and basketball doesn’t mean teams should use rappers in a cynical cash grab by preying on the sentimentality of fans without benefitting the “honored” party in any way.

 

Maybe if the Nets donated a percentage of the jersey sales to initiatives against gun violence or something to benefit the community, that would be something, but the way it is now, it doesn’t feel like the teams are being genuine to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

 

Just because there is a relationship between hip-hop and basketball doesn’t mean teams should use rappers in a cynical cash grab by preying on the sentimentality of fans without benefitting the “honored” party in any way.

  

Maybe if the Nets donated a percentage of the jersey sales to initiatives against gun violence or something to benefit the community, that would be something, but the way it is now, it doesn’t feel like the teams are being genuine to me.

 

Pro sports is a cynical cash grab though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

 

Just because there is a relationship between hip-hop and basketball doesn’t mean teams should use rappers in a cynical cash grab by preying on the sentimentality of fans without benefitting the “honored” party in any way.

 

Maybe if the Nets donated a percentage of the jersey sales to initiatives against gun violence or something to benefit the community, that would be something, but the way it is now, it doesn’t feel like the teams are being genuine to me.

 

All 30 NBA teams revenue share their merchandise sales, so something like that wouldn't be possible. The closest you could get would be a set donation to a charity.

 

I like what the Thunder did, in that they're funding free admission days to the OKC Memorial periodically throughout the season. Nice way to support an actual cause in lieu of a straight profit-donation option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Ballmer is worth $52 billion.

 

What does he need to sell arena naming rights for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.