NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

What we have here is a perfect example of how changing a font can make things much better.

But, that "I" !!!! 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kimball said:

Let's pray it's this mess ...

EAvFTh0XUAIZnRy?format=jpg&name=small

EDIT: So wait it is?! HAHAHA! YES!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

spacer.png

Okay, here are a few thoughts I have ...

• I like how the "Icon" blue jersey looks without the circle being gold ... it really declutters the jersey.
  • I don't have any strong feelings about the (assuming) "Statement" gold jersey. The Bay works, I guess? I wish it was a copy of the "Association" and "Statement" but I don't think we're going to see that from any Nike jersey (ie-Lakers purple jersey, etc.). It seems like Statement jerseys needs to be significantly different under their designing eye?
  • The (assuming) black "City" jersey seems like a hallow inclusion of Oakland in the move to San Francisco. Since (most) "City" jerseys are a one year thing, I bet you anything we won't see it again next year and instead see a modern spin on The City jerseys since this is San Francisco?
  • There's nothing bad to say about The City jersey, it's a classic! And, I'm glad it's in gold. 
  • And, I've said this numerous times ... I absolutely HATE that "I" on the WARRIORS font! KILL IT!

kimball banner.png

9 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

You don't get to dismiss an argument just because it (thankfully) excludes a lot of the awful contrarian uniforms you like ;) 

So my taste in uniforms is terrible? I'm sure yours is perfect though.

It's almost like people have different opinions. 

Just now, Ark said:

So my taste in uniforms is terrible? I'm sure yours is perfect though.

It's almost like people have different opinions. 

I think that opinions are great. I also think going out of your way to be as constrain and antagonistic about your opinions as possible is annoying. 

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

I think that opinions are great. I also think going out of your way to be as constrain and antagonistic about your opinions as possible is annoying. 

Contrarian according to you? A quick twitter search shows that a lot of people love the Fiesta identity. Not that more people liking something makes it better, of course.

I would say the people calling the Fiesta identity garbage (not to mention responding to my opinions with personal attacks) are being contrarian and certainly antagonistic, 

5 minutes ago, Ark said:

Contrarian according to you?

You've got a hell of a history on these forums going out of your way to needle people concerning your taste in uniforms. 

You like stuff that isn't traditional. Ok. Got it. Cool. You don't need to bash people over the head with it at every opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, Ark said:

A quick twitter search shows that a lot of people love the Fiesta identity. 

"A quick Twitter search" is by no means a reliable way to gauge what a fanbase wants. As much guff as we give the Padres? They at least focus group tested their identity before making any serious changes. 

9 minutes ago, Ark said:

I would say the people calling the Fiesta identity garbage (not to mention responding to my opinions with personal attacks) are being contrarian and certainly antagonistic, 

Nah. 

I'm going to level with you. You have a bad habit of...

1) Going out of your way to be as antagonistic as possible regarding your own opinions.

2) You have a bad habit of refusing to engage in any debate that challenges your own preconceived notions. 

I get the feeling you feel like you need to be brash and antagonistic because you think this forum is full of people who only like stuff you find boring and old, so you make up for that by being brash and contrarian whenever you can. And I'm telling you that's going to make people very blunt when dealing you. 

If you don't want people to be blunt with you? Find better, more constructive ways of dealing with others. 

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

You've got a hell of a history on these forums going out of your way to needle people concerning your taste in uniforms. 

You like stuff that isn't traditional. Ok. Got it. Cool. You don't need to bash people over the head with it at every opportunity. 

Adding on here: When you do like "traditional" looks instead of horribly-dated '70s-'90s kitsch, it's the kind of traditional that people have learned to seriously dislike. That's all I'll say about it, so as not to avoid violating a very specific forum rule. 

Look, this is the last time I'm going to post about this because it is completely off-topic.

Your take is incorrect.

This is a forum about sports logo and uniform design discussion. I post here for fun because who cares what sports designs someone likes or dislikes. If you're talking about the time I quipped at your avatar after you said liking the Pistons teal is part of a "90s is awesome" trend, that was a joke (which I thought was funny considering the irony of the situation). Almost every time I disagree with someone, it's meant to be taken lightheartedly. Again, I like talking about sports design because it's a lighthearted subject in general. Very rarely do I engage in back-and-forth arguments on this forum if I'm not trying to clarify what I said. The reason I'm doing it now is because you attacked not just my opinion, but me personally. 

So I'm sorry if you take my comments as negative when they aren't meant to be. 

Blue and black always seems like a terrible combo. I’d love to see the Warriors black jersey and the Clippers black jersey go. Two of the worst.

If Warriors must have a black jersey it should be something like this 

spacer.png

I’d do something different than white side panels but it’s be a fun jersey. I think they could do something more fun than black but way better than their current one.

The body language in the Warriors image seems to be deliberate. The new uniform is looking forward, while the old alts are sizing up the new alt and vice versa. I'm gonna guess that it's more just showing the evolution of the look over the years.

That or I should stop drinking at work

EAtb5cHWsAYJVGf?format=jpg&name=large

That Bay logo looks a little indebted to the South Bay Lakers logo:

1200px-South_Bay_Lakers_logo.svg.png

Which itself lead to this awesome fan logo for the Lakers:

30panzf3h6c31.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

spacer.png

is this the new Nike template?, the uniforms look really baggy.

Uhhh. I already have a headache just thinking of the possibilities with two yellow jerseys. For sure we're gonna see 15-20 black (home) with GSW going yellow on the road. And then to put some balance into the mix, they'll themselves wear black at home, and throw in some blue.  They essentially become a yellow based team. 

White jerseys are becoming extinct, so I don't think we'll see white vs yellow at all. 

A lot of classic footage actually has them in white. Maybe they're trying to get away from the Durant era?

6 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Uhhh. I already have a headache just thinking of the possibilities with two yellow jerseys. For sure we're gonna see 15-20 black (home) with GSW going yellow on the road. And then to put some balance into the mix, they'll themselves wear black at home, and throw in some blue.  They essentially become a yellow based team. 

White jerseys are becoming extinct, so I don't think we'll see white vs yellow at all. 

A lot of classic footage actually has them in white. Maybe they're trying to get away from the Durant era?

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, kimball said:

spacer.png

Okay, here are a few thoughts I have ...

• I like how the "Icon" blue jersey looks without the circle being gold ... it really declutters the jersey.
  • I don't have any strong feelings about the (assuming) "Statement" gold jersey. The Bay works, I guess? I wish it was a copy of the "Association" and "Statement" but I don't think we're going to see that from any Nike jersey (ie-Lakers purple jersey, etc.). It seems like Statement jerseys needs to be significantly different under their designing eye?
  • The (assuming) black "City" jersey seems like a hallow inclusion of Oakland in the move to San Francisco. Since (most) "City" jerseys are a one year thing, I bet you anything we won't see it again next year and instead see a modern spin on The City jerseys since this is San Francisco?
  • There's nothing bad to say about The City jersey, it's a classic! And, I'm glad it's in gold. 
  • And, I've said this numerous times ... I absolutely HATE that "I" on the WARRIORS font! KILL IT!

NO WHITE JERSEY?

Archived