NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

10 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Warmups were the equivalent to today's alts in the sense they were the only outlet for a little more experimentation and bold ideas.  Hence teams like the Jazz using old warmup styles for alternates.  And the Spurs could do the same thing with a few fiesta stripes on alts, like they had in the Robinson/Cummings era warmups.

Pretty sure the 90s uniforms had plenty of experimentation and creativity. The warmups aren’t that special. And I didn’t know the Jazz used old warmup uniforms for alts? I’m pretty sure none of their current alts or uniforms in general are based off their old warmups.

I wouldn’t mind a fiesta alt. Wear it maybe 10-15 times a season and that’s it. Spurs are Black and Silver there’s no way around it, I’d hate to have a situation like the heat have with the vice

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Spurs should utilize the fiesta colors a little more, just look at how much they're loved around the NBA world. Should it be full time? No. But putting it on the City one year (as highlights, not the main focus) wouldn't kill, and could provide plenty of themed branding and merchandise, like a special throwback court, t-shirts, hats, etc. Honestly, anything to get anyway from the awful military jerseys they keep giving us.

the user formerly known as cdclt

You can help move the conversation along by moving the conversation along.

Remember when Nike got the NFL contract and did a big one-day uniform reveal? It would be cool if they did that for the NBA.

Though it seems like you'd need half the league to actually model all of the uniforms. There are more than 120 total uniforms, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

19 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

The Spurs should utilize the fiesta colors a little more, just look at how much they're loved around the NBA world. Should it be full time? No. But putting it on the City one year (as highlights, not the main focus) wouldn't kill, and could provide plenty of themed branding and merchandise, like a special throwback court, t-shirts, hats, etc. Honestly, anything to get anyway from the awful military jerseys they keep giving us.

Yes. Fiesta, even though I don’t like it, is better than military fetishist designs.

17 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Fiesta-colored accents on the court would be perfect and would be in line with the little bursts of fiesta seats in the stands (or are those gone now? there used to be random pink and teal seats). It would only have to be lines, not even the keys or anything.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

You can help move the conversation along by moving the conversation along.

Remember when Nike got the NFL contract and did a big one-day uniform reveal? It would be cool if they did that for the NBA.

Though it seems like you'd need half the league to actually model all of the uniforms. There are more than 120 total uniforms, right?

Didn’t they do that for the Statement uniforms the first year? Would be cool to bring that back for one of the editions each year.

35 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

I know Utah did it first but this kinda hurts me as a pelicans fan since they remind me of last years city editions and those were based off a very common shirt that people in New Orleans wear during Mardi Gras. Half my whole family wears them lol. 

HO18_NBA_City_Edition_NewOrleans_Jersey_

61do2uCUVhL._UX466_.jpg

IMG-7122.gif

38 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

I know Utah did it first but this kinda hurts me as a pelicans fan since they remind me of last years city editions and those were based off a very common shirt that people in New Orleans wear during Mardi Gras. Half my whole family wears them lol. 

HO18_NBA_City_Edition_NewOrleans_Jersey_

61do2uCUVhL._UX466_.jpg

Don't take offense — there’s a VERY good chance we didn’t know about the cultural significance of the shirt design. We’re good about doing that around here.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

23 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Are teams allowed to have classic uniforms in back to back years?

2020-2021 is the anniversary of the Sixers last finals appearance and a good chunk of the fans want black Iverson throwbacks.

The Warriors have. 17-18/18-19/19-20

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Are teams allowed to have classic uniforms in back to back years?

2020-2021 is the anniversary of the Sixers last finals appearance and a good chunk of the fans want black Iverson throwbacks.

Yes please. And have Trey Burke grow back the braids for the closest thing you can get to a knockoff AI

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

15 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

You are half true. I am a BULLS (sometimes Pacers) fan to the bone.

I admit I'm not a Spurs or Pistons fan and can careless what their die hard fans think. But as an outsider looking in their current identity & uniforms are meh. I dont want them to go crazy with horses and big logos & radical colors for sake of changing. Its ok if you dont feel that way. I understand. But being stagnant is boring.

Bulls - like the Heat Miami Vice uniforms can rebrand around their City uniforms and I wouldn't even blink. Drastic as it may be from the Jordan era sometimes you need a fresh look. Bulls look good in anything. Im all for their Black and Red. It should not change but if it did it would be ok. 

A LOT of popular companies ir brands change. Its evolution of life.

jpeg

brand-logo-evolution.gif

Some of the best companies have changed their logos or designs or identity altogether. 

I'm just a fan of fresh and change even if it's not needed but only if it works. If not keep it the same. 

Prime example #3

White-Sox-Logo-history.jpg

My White Sox. Red white Blue team for their whole history but changed to Black White and Silver. And it works whether you are fan or not, was it needed no..but it WORKS. Mic drop 

Apples rainbow apple is supposedly coming back.

16 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

You are half true. I am a BULLS (sometimes Pacers) fan to the bone.

I admit I'm not a Spurs or Pistons fan and can careless what their die hard fans think. But as an outsider looking in their current identity & uniforms are meh. I dont want them to go crazy with horses and big logos & radical colors for sake of changing. Its ok if you dont feel that way. I understand. But being stagnant is boring.

Bulls - like the Heat Miami Vice uniforms can rebrand around their City uniforms and I wouldn't even blink. Drastic as it may be from the Jordan era sometimes you need a fresh look. Bulls look good in anything. Im all for their Black and Red. It should not change but if it did it would be ok. 

A LOT of popular companies ir brands change. Its evolution of life.

jpeg

brand-logo-evolution.gif

Some of the best companies have changed their logos or designs or identity altogether. 

I'm just a fan of fresh and change even if it's not needed but only if it works. If not keep it the same. 

Prime example #3

White-Sox-Logo-history.jpg

My White Sox. Red white Blue team for their whole history but changed to Black White and Silver. And it works whether you are fan or not, was it needed no..but it WORKS. Mic drop 

Pepsi sticks out like a sore thumb, were they drunk when they did their latest logo?

13 hours ago, kimball said:

Don't take offense — there’s a VERY good chance we didn’t know about the cultural significance of the shirt design. We’re good about doing that around here.

I hope you don't mean Utahns in general. I try to distance myself from that crowd.

3 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

I hope you don't mean Utahns in general. I try to distance myself from that crowd.

Pretty much yeah. And, don't worry, I do too and I am a lifelong Utahn ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived