NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

4 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Sorry i don’t know any grizzlies history but is this an original court or one from the past? I like how the paint is just a wood stain 

It's an original that's based on the older stuff.

Vancouver

CeKkPeV.jpg

Memphis at the Pyramid

ZoROX08.jpg

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

These uniforms were worn for half a season. Couldn't the Sixers do better?

Maybe Nike will come up with some dumb excuse and say something like "Since these uniforms were worn for only half of a season, they will be featured in exactly half of the 76ers games this season." Just you wait...

Those Grizzlies throwbacks are pure class. The only thing missing is an actual team in Vancouver, which will hopefully be solved in the coming years. I also love that throwback court, which should be standard for any throwback jersey worn.

the user formerly known as cdclt

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Welp. That was underwhelming. See you next year for the inevitable black 2001 units that the fans actually want to see if Chris Heck actually has his head on straight... 

And the Sixers confirmed that the statement will say "Phila" instead of "Sixers"

As I posted a few days ago, and wondering if @Conrad. could fill us in, is this a possibility? Changing the "Suxers" script to the 2017-18 "Phila" city uniform script?

SwNlT4x.jpg

Yeah that Memphis court is great, and I like how they guaranteed two years’ use. I think that color scheme is better than what they have lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah that Memphis court is great, and I like how they guaranteed two years’ use. I think that color scheme is better than what they have lol

It's definitely more 90s (the era of teal) and more unique. I always see tons of Vancouver merch at Grizzlies games.

17 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Those Grizzlies throwbacks are pure class. The only thing missing is an actual team in Vancouver, which will hopefully be solved in the coming years. I also love that throwback court, which should be standard for any throwback jersey worn.

Meh.

8 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Welp. That was underwhelming. See you next year for the inevitable black 2001 units that the fans actually want to see if Chris Heck actually has his head on straight... 

And the Sixers confirmed that the statement will say "Phila" instead of "Sixers"

Hopefully its just the script changing, cause I love the red jerseys.

2 hours ago, GMW79 said:

Those are similar jerseys, but I don't think that's the '77 team photo. Where's Bill Walton?

No, it’s the 70-71 team.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

After watching the release video I agree. They looked really good in the black with teal and red trim. I don’t mind the double blue and gold now, but the previous Memphis jersey color balance was better.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 minutes ago, kimball said:

After watching the release video I agree. They looked really good in the black with teal and red trim. I don’t mind the double blue and gold now, but the previous Memphis jersey color balance was better.

Double blue and brown would make for a really nice and unique scheme, you could even try and keep the yellow for accents

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

31 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm excited for the teal Grizzlies uniform to return but the black alternate was really underrated. They adopted it full time with tweaks after moving to Memphis but the Vancouver version was way better.

e10d0e3307e9cc90e78cd74ef0a0f9de.png

VAN2000103102.jpg

I always liked the 2000-01 version of that jersey as well.

kimball banner.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm excited for the teal Grizzlies uniform to return but the black alternate was really underrated. They adopted it full time with tweaks after moving to Memphis but the Vancouver version was way better.

They did switch to the black jersey as the full time jersey prior to moving to Memphis.  It was the full time road uniform for the last season in Vancouver in 2000-01.  Small tweak in Vancouver.  The white stripe along the bottom of the short was removed when it became the full time road uni.

spacer.png

Archived