NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/19/2019 at 9:15 PM, Shadojoker said:

Toronto 

Bring Vince Carter back next year, do the right thing and go with this logo like you wanted to and just splash some purple with your current uniforms and voila. Back to having a top 5 selling uniform again. (Vince Carter uniforms were hotcakes back in turn of the century)

toronto_raptors_addison_mrkchrstn.png

Way better, yes.

Still hoping Miami goes vice colors full time.  The Miami script can be for the city uni, but the colors can work with the current design.  No more looking like the Raptors, Bulls and Blazers please. 

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

28 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Way better, yes.

Still hoping Miami goes vice colors full time.  The Miami script can be for the city uni, but the colors can work with the current design.  No more looking like the Raptors, Bulls and Blazers please. 

The Heat already have an established look. Their uniforms are pretty close to modern classics. If anything, wear the vice jerseys less.

I don’t think the Heat look anything like Toronto.

If Miami wants to keep a vice set as an occasional alternate, I’d be fine with that. But they shouldn’t switch to it full-time. There’s nothing really wrong with their identity in my opinion and a switch to vice would reek of “just ‘cause”.

Besides, if some people (somehow) confuse Miami with Toronto? That’s not Miami’s problem; they beat Toronto to black and red a long time ago. If anybody has to “fix” that problem, it’s Toronto.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

If Miami wants to keep a vice set as an occasional alternate, I’d be fine with that. But they shouldn’t switch to it full-time. There’s nothing really wrong with their identity in my opinion and a switch to vice would reek of “just ‘cause”.

I 100% agree ... plus the Vice jerseys will sell no matter what the Heat do with their main identity. That's kind of the point of these Nike City jerseys as much as some of us don't like them.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Includes a reimaged court. Seems like the rebrand is focused around the City court.

SLCSL19-PressRelease-Court.jpg?v=1.0

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

SIDE NOTE: Too bad it's not a return to the Rocky Mountain Revue. But, I get it.

kimball banner.png

20 hours ago, kimball said:

Includes a reimaged court. Seems like the rebrand is focused around the City court.

SLCSL19-PressRelease-Court.jpg?v=1.0

Well the Jazz had to get "special permission" to keep the same City jerseys for a second year, right? So I would expect they won't be able to do so for a third season (very unfortunately). At least this way, that identity will live on somehow. I wish Utah would make the current City jerseys their Statement jerseys (don't care for the yellow ones), keep green as their Earned (or primary), and have a purple mountain City edition next season.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

On 4/29/2019 at 11:30 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

No matter how you design it, red and black is red and black to me.  In fact, the Heat just made this their Facebook profile pic:

spacer.png

Look familiar?

logo-raptors_2048x.jpg?v=1550016649
I call them Raptors South.

Huh? The Heat have had the same basic colors for 30 years, well before the Raptors. They've also won three championships and five conference titles with some of the game's most famous players and figures (Shaq, LeBron, Wade, Mourning, Bosh, Riley). Toronto... not as much.

If anything, it should be Heat North.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:30 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

No matter how you design it, red and black is red and black to me.  In fact, the Heat just made this their Facebook profile pic:

spacer.png

Look familiar?

logo-raptors_2048x.jpg?v=1550016649
I call them Raptors South.

Not sure how old you are. But Miami has been red and black since day 1. 7 years before Toronto was even purple, red, black, silver.

It wasn't until the mid 2000s when they went team Canada and dropped the purple. If anything Toronto trying to be Miami of the north, using your questionable logic.

32 minutes ago, GMW79 said:

Well the Jazz had to get "special permission" to keep the same City jerseys for a second year, right? So I would expect they won't be able to do so for a third season (very unfortunately). At least this way, that identity will live on somehow. I wish Utah would make the current City jerseys their Statement jerseys (don't care for the yellow ones), keep green as their Earned (or primary), and have a purple mountain City edition next season.

I wonder if they'll keep this court for non-Jazz games or just strip and repaint it. 

kimball banner.png

I could be crazy but aren’t the Mavs expected to change uni’s? That’s the only one I remember “confirmed” but not sure how concrete that is anymore because I haven’t heard anything lately 

GO NETS.

I can’t remember if that ever got confirmed for sure or not, but I do remember some talk about the Mavs. First page of the thread there’s a post saying Teal said so, not sure where else though.

I sure hope they change, and I hope it’s a big one. They’ve been due for years. Crossing fingers for a return to blue and green, but if not, then at least a classic edition throwback would be awesome. I imagine green Doncic throwbacks would sell very well.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Huh? The Heat have had the same basic colors for 30 years, well before the Raptors. They've also won three championships and five conference titles with some of the game's most famous players and figures (Shaq, LeBron, Wade, Mourning, Bosh, Riley). Toronto... not as much.

If anything, it should be Heat North.

Yes, good point, sorry.  New to the league.  I just think if they have the ability to separate themselves from the rest of the league they should go for it.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I can’t remember if that ever got confirmed for sure or not, but I do remember some talk about the Mavs. First page of the thread there’s a post saying Teal said so, not sure where else though.

I sure hope they change, and I hope it’s a big one. They’ve been due for years. Crossing fingers for a return to blue and green, but if not, then at least a classic edition throwback would be awesome. I imagine green Doncic throwbacks would sell very well.

@Conrad. said no to the mavs changing uni's next season

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yes, good point, sorry.  New to the league.  I just think if they have the ability to separate themselves from the rest of the league they should go for it.

Well when they have an established, championship winning look that pretty much all of their legendary players from LeBron, Bosh, wade, Shaq, and morning have all worn with little to no changes. There is no reason to change, it’s like asking the bulls to change.

Archived