NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Not quite sure about that number font yet, but overall this is definitely an improvement over the last set (which I still liked quite a lot). I’m surprised how much I like the new blue jersey now that the logo doesn’t contrast. I thought I’d dislike that a lot more, but it works better than the yellow circle did. 

That's my biggest takeaway is that the blue jersey doesn't have a contrasting logo which is like the jerseys they are drawing inspiration from. Doesn't look heavy. 

Go A's!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, insert name said:

Knicks are asking the fans what throwback jersey they’d like to see next season. 3 and 4 seem to be the most popular. I’d love to see 4 comeback full time. 

I think 3 will win. It's a throwback to the 90s Knicks, enough said. 

They should throw back to this:

x5d9YrK.gif

14 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

EBU5tTLWsAc6Z82?format=jpg&name=medium

Someone posted this one twitter about obscure players..Naturally 1st thing I noticed was the number color!

When did they invert the numbers like this??! 

detlef-schrempf-of-the-seattle-supersoni

Normal uniform ^^^

It’s a preseason game.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 minutes ago, Ark said:

I think 3 will win. It's a throwback to the 90s Knicks, enough said. 

They should throw back to this:

x5d9YrK.gif

I am a little surprised they haven’t ... they have once? But, it’s such a contrast to what they’ve basically always worn.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Yeah, I know at least the Jazz and Bullets also wore white preseason numbers in the early 90's. Pretty fun uniform sighting!

I think the Pistons had as well?

kimball banner.png

14 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

EBU5tTLWsAc6Z82?format=jpg&name=medium

Someone posted this one twitter about obscure players..Naturally 1st thing I noticed was the number color!

When did they invert the numbers like this??!

I actually think the inverted colors looked better than on the normal uniform. Matched the shoulder and collar trim nicely. Anyway, here are some of the other previously mentioned examples:

Bullets (1996 preseason):

spacer.png

Jazz (1994 preseason):

karl-malone-of-the-utah-jazz-dunks-again

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

Wait, did the original era of BFBS Knicks also have a noticeably lighter blue, like that graphic suggests? Or just bad attention to detail?

They weren't that light. They were about the same shade of blue as their predecessor. I believe they changed the material a few years after they were introduced because they would get much darker in-game (see second pic).

6213e34b3b67c38a54348000cecb51c7.jpg

patrick-ewing-of-the-new-york-knicks-sta

33 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

They weren't that light. They were about the same shade of blue as their predecessor. I believe they changed the material a few years after they were introduced because they would get much darker in-game (see second pic).

6213e34b3b67c38a54348000cecb51c7.jpg

patrick-ewing-of-the-new-york-knicks-sta

To be fair, Ewing probably sweated more than anyone in the league at the time so his would obviously get darker as the game went on haha

18 minutes ago, insert name said:

Man those side panels were HUGE. The 2000s era toned it down and were much better. 

The 2010-2012 versions were the best of the black-trimmed era. They re-worked the collar, a subtle but necessary upgrade.

5 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

To be fair, Ewing probably sweated more than anyone in the league at the time so his would obviously get darker as the game went on haha

It's probably true that Ewing was the sweatiest player of his era, but I believe the Knicks uniform switched materials in the early 2000s. There was a new fabric that was introduced in the late 90s. It had a shinier finish than most uniforms of that time. I know the Magic introduced it during the '99 lockout season with their star uniforms. The Heat, if memory serves, also switched to something similar that year as well.

27 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

It's probably true that Ewing was the sweatiest player of his era, but I believe the Knicks uniform switched materials in the early 2000s. There was a new fabric that was introduced in the late 90s. It had a shinier finish than most uniforms of that time. I know the Magic introduced it during the '99 lockout season with their star uniforms. The Heat, if memory serves, also switched to something similar that year as well.

I know fabrics have evolved over time and there's good reasons why they switched fabric.  I was just making a joke about Ewing being pictured for the example

18 hours ago, insert name said:

Knicks are asking the fans what throwback jersey they’d like to see next season. 3 and 4 seem to be the most popular. I’d love to see 4 comeback full time. 

Ya know, people hate on the last version of the knicks jersey; Understandably so (i'm usually anti bfbs as well), but it was a good looking set. It was a nice and tidy version of the ewing era uniforms, and the shorts design was pretty unique. 

6 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I actually think the inverted colors looked better than on the normal uniform. Matched the shoulder and collar trim nicely. Anyway, here are some of the other previously mentioned examples:

Bullets (1996 preseason):

spacer.png

What's the story behind a Bullets-Suns preseason game at The Forum?

5 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

A lot of preseason games are played in venues that usually doesn't showcase professional basketball games.

However this particular case, the Staples center WASN'T even around (about 4-5 years before it existed) So I'm stumped and confused. Not sure why the Lakers would allow this at the time. 

shado_logo.gif

16 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

For a number of years there was a 4 team preseason tournament that also included the Lakers (and I think Clippers?)

kimball banner.png

Archived