NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dont care said:

Probably not. It’s too late to pick a uniform and have it made for this season. Next year is possibly though

It's probably even too late for 2020/21, tbh. Can't confirm that they aren't doing it then, but I have a feeling if they're asking now, it might be for market research for 2021/22. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I liked the Bullets’ blue numbers fine, but to be honest I think the white numbers were actually a nice improvement and looks really good.

White numbers/lettering on red look great, IMO - especially with a blue outline. I was a fan of that in the Pistons red alt that will hopefully come back someday.

21 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

EBU5tTLWsAc6Z82?format=jpg&name=medium

Someone posted this one twitter about obscure players..Naturally 1st thing I noticed was the number color!

When did they invert the numbers like this??! 

detlef-schrempf-of-the-seattle-supersoni

Normal uniform ^^^

IMO white numbers look way better.

ExJworW.png

23 hours ago, Digby said:

Is there a good logistical reasons to NBA teams only having the four typefaces to pick from? Seems like other sports don’t enforce that kind of rule, soccer’s complex about fonts excluded.

I’m not sure. It could be a league thing, or it could be a design preference to keep the toolbox tidy and concise for the factory who makes the garments. I like to do custom nameplate lettering, but there’s no doubt it’s less efficient than having a small set of league-wide standards.

Think of trim elements on uniforms like separate SKUs in a store’s inventory. Every single thing (graphic, patch, team lettering, player lettering, numbers, etc.) that has to be printed on or otherwise attached to anyone’s uniform is catalogued so that it can be generated (or ordered from another supplier) when the time comes to create or decorate the jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I liked the Bullets’ blue numbers fine, but to be honest I think the white numbers were actually a nice improvement and looks really good.

Not to mention it gives a fairly lifeless and boring uniform some character. I honestly can’t think of a more boring jersey, especially one that lasted for nearly a decade. Maybe it was because most Bullets team that wore them sucked horribly?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, BJ Sands said:

I know it’s just a screenshot, but have the Lakers gotten closer to their former gold/yellow?

Highly doubt it. I played with the Lakers in 2K19 and the jeserys are just gold in the game. It was weird to play a video game then watch a real game where the uniforms looked considerably worse.

15 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

IMO white numbers look way better.

Er.....definitely disagree. The yellow numbers pop well and add life to those uniforms, which are already lively, while the white ones make the uniforms look drab

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

On 8/7/2019 at 12:48 AM, DG_Now said:

The Rockets aren't using them.

No kidding.

From a Jazz fan's perspective, those are Rockets colors whether Houston's currently wearing them or not. (They should be, by the way.)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

17 minutes ago, M4One said:

Anyone know why the Knicks have never had a jersey that says Knicks on the front, not even for an alternate?

Well, they had the home early 80s, but that’s about it. Good question. I guess they just like it that way? 🤷🏻‍♂️

basketball-nba-playoffs-new-york-knicks-

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don’t think so...too Bulls-y

Plus, those shorts don't look like the Nike template.

kimball banner.png

Archived