NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frylock said:

According to the Blazers in that Twitter thread, that will be their home court all season long. Makes me wonder if they’ll have any kind of anniversary uniform or not.

I could see the new City edition being somewhat similar to the court in taking elements from past designs, and I’m almost positive that they’ll also have a classic edition as well (probably either the inaugural set or the ‘77 reds).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, smarisca03 said:

wouldn't mind seeing the 92-02 black jersey come back

Yuck.

It was so lifeless. The only redeeming value was the ribbon sash or whatever it’s called.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, Shadojoker said:

Philadelphia also changed the logo on the shorts from the Global logo to just the "76". Having hard time with picture link so I'll use this for reference.

s-l300.jpg

Edit..got it! Credit goes to Twitter handle "HarrisonEGrimm" 

EBtssI8XoAASwpc?format=jpg&name=medium

While I like the main logo on the shorts, I think the 76 is an upgrade. 

10 hours ago, kimball said:

Yuck.

It was so lifeless. The only redeeming value was the ribbon sash or whatever it’s called.

I think the 90s change was a good then-modern upgrade to the lowercase unis. The only problem was the italics, both on the front and back (arched italics is so hard to pull off, yet the Blazers and Mavs both wanted to do it).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think the 90s change was a good then-modern upgrade to the lowercase unis. The only problem was the italics, both on the front and back (arched italics is so hard to pull off, yet the Blazers and Mavs both wanted to do it).  

Which Mavs' jersey are you talking about? I don't recall an arched italics setup for the Mavs. The Bullets, yes. But, that's all I can think of?

51568_moses_malone.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 minutes ago, kimball said:

Which Mavs' jersey are you talking about? I don't recall an arched italics setup for the Mavs. The Bullets, yes. But, that's all I can think of?

This would have looked better if it wasn't italicized

7226A_DMA_98DNOWI_308_1.jpg

and this photo...lmfao at those haircuts:

rVpxMcu.jpg

I should note (though it's probably obvious) that the Blazers' NOB was the arched italics that really didn't work with names like "Stoudamire"

IMG_8768.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Speaking of NOBs, I miss the customized looks that differentiated teams ... much like the warmups. I wish Nike and the NBA would bring some of that back.

11781727%5D,sizedata%5B200x400%5D&call=u9836159%5D,sizedata%5B200x400%5D&call=ur61pTMZXmufL._SX425_.jpg 

kimball banner.png

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

This would have looked better if it wasn't italicized

7226A_DMA_98DNOWI_308_1.jpg

Okay, gotcha. I was thinking the NOBs with the Dallas jersey. I don't think this one looks that bad. The green version on the other hand looked bad.

The double line around DALLAS and the number clutters it up. 

c0f7b875725f01443e31dc9a86122338bb6577b3

kimball banner.png

It looks like the Sixers side panels are still overlapping the shoulder trim. As some of you may already know, this bugs the hell out of me. The main reason this bothers me as much as it does is the fact that Sacramento's uniform doesn't have that overlap. It actually stops right below the trim, so it can't be some "limitation" to the jersey cut.

Oh, and that damn GE logo is still a few clicks too large.

2 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

What will it take for the NBA to allow teams to do whatever they want with their uni's, not going thru nike? 

I think as long as you have an "official supplier of apparel" you're going to have less say by the teams and more from the company, whether it be Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc

3 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

What will it take for the NBA to allow teams to do whatever they want with their uni's, not going thru nike? 

Teams *do* do whatever they want with their uniforms. If the Knicks want a navy FDNY inspired jersey, like the one from two years ago? Nike will make it happen. If they want a pink and brown uniform, for some reason? Nike may say "you know, maybe we should do something else", but in the end, if the team wants it, it will happen.

ExJworW.png

4 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

I think it boils down to some teams are more involved with others. I think teams like Utah, Miami and Philly are more involved with the creative process where as teams like Detroit, Washington and Chicago have kinda gone with whatever Nike makes them. But, I think there are teams like Boston, San Antonio and New York fairly status quo and haven’t been too keen on letting Nike get too crazy with their look.

But, if you’re talking about what they wear from game to game ... I think Nike and teams work together on a schedule to maximize sales. Let’s be honest here.

kimball banner.png

Archived