NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

11 hours ago, projectjohn said:

I think he’s referring to the Nike alts. None of those teams have bad traditional home and road jerseys.

That’s debatable. Well, more so with the Spurs latest update. Magic need more stars in the wordmark IMO.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, smarisca03 said:

I think until the early 2000's when adidas got all the teams in 2005 or 2006

Until 1986, actually. Sand-Knit took over as exclusive outfitter that season, with Champion replacing them for the 1990-91 season. Then, in the late 90s Nike and Puma joined the party.

1 hour ago, Discogod said:

Until 1986, actually. Sand-Knit took over as exclusive outfitter that season, with Champion replacing them for the 1990-91 season. Then, in the late 90s Nike and Puma joined the party.

Puma was in the NFL, not the NBA. In the late 90s the league was Nike, Starter, and Champion.. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, kimball said:

That’s debatable. Well, more so with the Spurs latest update. Magic need more stars in the wordmark IMO.

I don’t want stars to replace the A altogether - leave that in the 90s - but make the inside of the A a star, keeping the general font but adding a bit of uniqueness to it.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I don’t want stars to replace the A altogether - leave that in the 90s - but make the inside of the A a star, keeping the general font but adding a bit of uniqueness to it.

I think a star in the wordmark could work even in today's NBA. Have it stand in for the A in both the city and nickname wordmarks. I would avoid dotting the I in the nickname, though. I love the old MAGIC wordmark, but I've been a little iffy on that second star lately. Orlando is one of those brands that can get away with a unique and somewhat loud identity and they should, within reason, embrace it. They ought to make use of a stylized font. The one they currently use is uninspired.

6 hours ago, Discogod said:

Before Puma there was Starter, Puma takes over Starter teams in 1999. Here is exactly explained: http://championblogger.com/blog/?p=163

4r2eer.png

7 hours ago, Discogod said:

Yeah, I remember when Champion entered the game, because for the first couple months of the seasons at least the Celts and Jazz had their jerseys wonked up. You can see in the thickness and slanted 2s.

f97644f087a0c388ac672e37d426e801--pro-ba51eWGlxHtGL.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

31 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

We know NBA2K20 comes out September 6th...so that means we just gotta wait it out for a few weeks to get some JERSEY LEAKS/REVEALS!! 

There may be a few minor details revealed, but typically they add new uniforms via roster updates after teams have revealed them.

20 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Blazers 50 anniversary court:

Yep, I posted that on here when they unveiled it on Monday. It’s a really nice look, and one that I’m looking forward to seeing in action and in person.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Blazers 50 anniversary court:

Idk if I said this yet but I like the old fashion vibes of it but I don’t want to see it all season long. The bright red and white paint is a bit hard on the eyes in my opinion. That’s why I liked their court from last season. The black border and red paint was such a good balance. Also the anniversary court would have looked good with the earned jerseys from last season with the white text.

2MT34AEAAZHEVGIW7WBY6DWLUA.jpg

IMG-7122.gif

I still wish the Blazers went back to an updated version ... like on the court ... of their old school font with their redesign a couple years ago. I hate the new font, it’s too corporate and bland IMO.

kimball banner.png

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Per Hornets Twitter account..

Charlotte Hornets teasing new alternate uniform??

ECDfFQvWwAYoahl?format=jpg&name=medium

Another Black version of the their Uniform? Hopefully its a black version of the classic pinstripe uniform. @Conrad. any clues? 

Oh please no. I hate every single one of our black jerseys, it doesn't fit with the team, it's technically not one of our colors, and it says Buzz City Every. Single. Time. I hate 'em, and I hope we burn those jerseys as soon as we can. I'd like to see a green jersey, since Charlotte likes to call itself a "green city", and one of our two city flags is green. Judging by the promo image here, we'll see another bland black Buzz City with a vague theming that doesn't make sense. If you really want an accurate City jersey for Charlotte, you'd either put the city name or the official nickname, not a stupid nickname made up by marketing people who don't understand this city, and you'd lean into our history. Make jerseys based on the Revolution (where the Hornet's Nest nickname comes from) or NASCAR, not "flight". Use themes and ideas fans can relate with, and tie into the city. Not to mention, the teal and black don't look good together. Oh well, we'll see another Buzz City jersey that looks awful, fitting for this awful franchise that can't seem to do anything right.

Sorry, I needed to vent about MJ's ownership and how it sucks again. Not excited for these new jerseys.

the user formerly known as cdclt

17 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Oh please no. I hate every single one of our black jerseys, it doesn't fit with the team, it's technically not one of our colors, and it says Buzz City Every. Single. Time. I hate 'em, and I hope we burn those jerseys as soon as we can. I'd like to see a green jersey, since Charlotte likes to call itself a "green city", and one of our two city flags is green. Judging by the promo image here, we'll see another bland black Buzz City with a vague theming that doesn't make sense. If you really want an accurate City jersey for Charlotte, you'd either put the city name or the official nickname, not a stupid nickname made up by marketing people who don't understand this city, and you'd lean into our history. Make jerseys based on the Revolution (where the Hornet's Nest nickname comes from) or NASCAR, not "flight". Use themes and ideas fans can relate with, and tie into the city. Not to mention, the teal and black don't look good together. Oh well, we'll see another Buzz City jersey that looks awful, fitting for this awful franchise that can't seem to do anything right.

Sorry, I needed to vent about MJ's ownership and how it sucks again. Not excited for these new jerseys.

Not a fan of many of the “City” or “Pride” jerseys dating back to the Adidas era, but I think the Buzz City ones are by far the most egregious offender.

34 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Fellow Hornets fan here: you nailed it.

Archived