kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

10 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

Leaked Warriors throwbacks from 2K

37iCUh6.jpg

vHhsEMI.jpg

I was going to ask if that's just a normal 2k throwback...but the angle on the shorts is obviously Nike...

The Hornets throwbacks, flaws and all, show me why I don't love their current look:

It's too serious.

The Alexander Julian uniforms and original logo had whimsy and charm. The current set is so robotic and lifeless.

22 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The Hornets throwbacks, flaws and all, show me why I don't love their current look:

It's too serious.

The Alexander Julian uniforms and original logo had whimsy and charm. The current set is so robotic and lifeless.

This is another one of those teams that can really play with its identity, but instead goes for a hollow version of its former self.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

It's too serious.

Exactly, and the exact same idea applies to the Orlando Magic as well. Often times taking things too seriously just leads to a boring result.

1 hour ago, MackAttack said:

vHhsEMI.jpg

Are we sure that's what they're using this season? I am pretty sure the classic "The City" jerseys were leaked already?

golden-state-warriors-new-uniforms-2020-

Though that one wouldn't be a bad one to wear since I believe it's their first San Francisco home jersey? IDK? Maybe @Conrad. can shed some light on it?

c04_highfives_b_08_1067487.jpg?w=1000&h=

15 minutes ago, henburg said:

Exactly, and the exact same idea applies to the Orlando Magic as well. Often times taking things too seriously just leads to a boring result.

Add the Raptors and T'Wolves to that list.

Maybe Warriors will have two throwbacks like in previous season? This 63/64 home for first home game in SF and "The City" for the rest of a season?

Steph is locking it down! Gotta love that 2K defense. Made Steve Nash look like an elite defensive stopper.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Maybe Warriors will have two throwbacks like in previous season? This 63/64 home for first home game in SF and "The City" for the rest of a season?

That's true. I guess if the Warriors were able to wear the "WE BELIEVE" jerseys for a game while having a full-time throwback ... why not? It's not like the NBA cares THAT much, well as long as $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

11 hours ago, Discogod said:

Not on the purple alts they didn't. They stopped using the original C-Hornet logo on the waistband in 1991.

Huh. Must have gotten mixed up because the Hornets tweeted this, which in retrospect is obviously the teal version.

7 hours ago, MackAttack said:

*snipped for space*

That makes a lot of sense. It's their first season back in San Francisco. Of course they're going to roll out throwbacks that say SAN FRANCISCO on them.

Also unpopular opinion, but those San Francisco Warriors uniforms are among the best the team ever had.

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Huh. Must have gotten mixed up because the Hornets tweeted this, which in retrospect is obviously the teal version.

Kelly Tripucka looked like a guy that was a full-time mechanic during the day and and then played in the NBA in his spare time. He could play though. 

Wonderful. Another year of seeing Charlotte in a colored jersey at home. As an older NBA fan who remembers Mourning and Johnson and crew battling other teams, seeing those guys in purple, you knew it was a road game. Nothing will ever change that opinion when the current NBA wears these throwbacks at home. Why not keep the white pinstripe for home, and a purple for away?

The aqua around the wordmark looks too bright. The aqua should be darker to where it's nearly the same shade as the purple, so that it blends in. But that's a small nitpick. The bigger issue is obviously the thicker pinstripes

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Wonderful. Another year of seeing Charlotte in a colored jersey at home. As an older NBA fan who remembers Mourning and Johnson and crew battling other teams, seeing those guys in purple, you knew it was a road game. Nothing will ever change that opinion when the current NBA wears these throwbacks at home. Why not keep the white pinstripe for home, and a purple for away?

Lol nice. Who's the dummy now. That look looks so foreign. That was near the beginning of the season, right? Of the year these were unveiled? First or second home game. Did they wear them at home any other time I wonder? I wonder the same now with these third jersey alternates after all these years. Did the bulls wear black pinstripes at home at least once. Twolves and sixers with their blue alternates in the late 90s-early 00s. Maybe my perception of reality is super skewed. 

I guess it was true then as it is now. New colored sets, you still want to show off to your home fans once in awhile. 

Time to search YouTube an Getty images

41 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Lol nice. Who's the dummy now. That look looks so foreign. That was near the beginning of the season, right? Of the year these were unveiled? First or second home game. Did they wear them at home any other time I wonder? I wonder the same now with these third jersey alternates after all these years. Did the bulls wear black pinstripes at home at least once. Twolves and sixers with their blue alternates in the late 90s-early 00s. Maybe my perception of reality is super skewed. 

I guess it was true then as it is now. New colored sets, you still want to show off to your home fans once in awhile. 

Yeah it was early November...which was probably first or second home game. 

46 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Most alts have been worn at home. 

It didn’t happen all that often back then, but it wasn’t unusual for an alternate to be introduced at home.

That was a hell of a game, by the way, and a great uniform matchup to boot.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

It didn’t happen all that often back then, but it wasn’t unusual for an alternate to be introduced at home.

That was a hell of a game, by the way, and a great uniform matchup to boot.

I was actually shocked to see the Magic homes worn outside the O-Rena at that time, for a regular season game. They also wore the homes for one game in a “home and home” series in Tokyo vs. the Nets in 1996, the second time I’ve seen them wear the homes outside of home.