NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm playing the NBA 2K20 Demo and I saw that the NBA Players Association has a different logo. Is this new?

200px-Nbpa-logo.png

That's about 3ish years old. They had a design competition to do the new logo and my entry PDF on my computer is dated January 2015, so I'd imagine they changed logos in the summer after that.

23 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

This is another one of those teams that can really play with its identity, but instead goes for a hollow version of its former self.

MJ feels this way about the entire organization and it shows.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

26 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

These are gross...also the black paint is pinstriped!

I've wanted them to put just the comet ball at center court for a while, so that's a good change. The ones for "core" and "association" look good, but the "icon" one has too much black. Plus, pinstriped paint? No thanks.

ExJworW.png

20 hours ago, Conrad. said:

That's about 3ish years old. They had a design competition to do the new logo and my entry PDF on my computer is dated January 2015, so I'd imagine they changed logos in the summer after that.

Fwiw, your concept is loads better than what they ended up with. 

3 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

NBA teams: "We're losing money every year."

Also NBA teams: "We have three new courts for no apparent reason!"

1) I can sense some Supersonic frustration in that post.

2) Agreed. At least these are just segment changes ... like the Warriors did in Oracle. But, yeah, totally excess. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Is it just me or does it seem bad that your uniforms are so far away from your current identity you have to make a matching court just so uniforms don’t look (as) horrible. Like the magic I don’t really see the problem because I doubt they’ll have that crazy of a alt. But the Warriors had how many courts last year, the most memorable being the black “the town” one. Like I said if you need a new court for your uniforms to match. There’s a lot wrong with the uniforms

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Seems kind of dumb to have three very similar but not quite identical courts. It really looks like they had three finalists for the new court design, couldn’t come to an agreement, and just decided to say we’ll do all of them. If the ‘Icon’ court at least has something related to the uniforms, what the point of having the other two which are identical save for the two extremely similar logo applications?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Is it just me or does it seem bad that your uniforms are so far away from your current identity you have to make a matching court just so uniforms don’t look (as) horrible. Like the magic I don’t really see the problem because I doubt they’ll have that crazy of a alt. But the Warriors had how many courts last year, the most memorable being the black “the town” one. Like I said if you need a new court for your uniforms to match. There’s a lot wrong with the uniforms

In general I don’t mind the different courts that much. I especially appreciate throwback courts, because I’ve always hated throwback jerseys on a court with their current logos. And, if we’re in a world of “City Jerseys” a court to match the jersey is nice. For example compare the Jazz and Bulls playing on their respective home courts in their City Jersey.

What the Magic have done just seems rather frivolous. At least the Warriors change was JUST center court, not the keys and sideline logos.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Not sure where this person got these, but someone on a Magic Discord server I’m in posted these pictures, presumably from an official NBA document, of the three courts, plus a grey and orange city court.

628-AD2-EB-25-D1-443-A-82-D2-94-BC9-FA96

6-FCC2434-2-B29-4-C74-B115-DF43-BD87-D9-

2877-D7-F1-4445-4-EAF-AC64-AB00-B7-BA131

4-E3175-FF-94-B1-467-A-98-B6-FB319-D7-B1

I’m not sure if it’s true or not, but thought it should go here.

ExJworW.png

Archived