NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

14 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I'm afraid we'll hit the day when the NBA goes full MiLB and teams get a billion different unis and courts, each with their own stupid food-based name, completely destroying any semblance of brand identity left. 

I think having alternate courts are fine and appreciated in most cases. But, while I am fairly confident it would never happen, I'm hesitant to confidently say that we'd never see food-base one off promotions in the NBA. I thought we'd never see ads on jerseys. 

23 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

Maybe the Clippers are trying to appeal to the Raider fans and assume their colors?

Definitely a head scratcher

Huh. Possibly. The LA Kings as well.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe "a multitude of leaks" is actually the correct term of venery, like "a parliament of owls" or "a murder of crows."

That Mavericks court is a bad joke. While the color palette is intriguing, the Timberwolves are already on it, and what is going on with those wordmarks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, JELKK said:

With the wizards moving the arena name to the baselines, I expect them to put an ad where the arena name used to be, just like the pistons.

Knowing the Wizards' main sponsors...thinking it's maybe a GEICO ad, Green Turtle ad, or a D'usse ad. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I mean the Clippers have been leaning more and more toward black for years now. There doesn't need to be a reason for their new "core" court, it's just logical based on every other move they've made branding-wise, post-Sterling.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

20 minutes ago, Digby said:

I mean the Clippers have been leaning more and more toward black for years now

*Donald Sterling shivers*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My negative opinions:

I... don’t understand the hawks court? Why? No alternate logo or anything. Just a recolor. I am not a fan of that peachy fleshy color. For the rockets I wish they had a black border like the trailblazers did last season since they have a new one now. Cavaliers using a gold border just seems too much on the eyes. The cavaliers honestly had a top 5 court design because of the perfect combination of black and wine. And don’t forget that iconic skyline stain. And their wood color was perfectly light to bind everything together

IMG-7122.gif

42 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

My negative opinions:

I... don’t understand the hawks court? Why? No alternate logo or anything. Just a recolor. I am not a fan of that peachy fleshy color. For the rockets I wish they had a black border like the trailblazers did last season since they have a new one now. Cavaliers using a gold border just seems too much on the eyes. The cavaliers honestly had a top 5 court design because of the perfect combination of black and wine. And don’t forget that iconic skyline stain. And their wood color was perfectly light to bind everything together

Georgia is famous for its peaches, so I guess that's why the Hawks are going with the Peach colors for that court. On a related note, the Magic are doing a similar thing, but with oranges.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I think having alternate courts are fine and appreciated in most cases. But, while I am fairly confident it would never happen, I'm hesitant to confidently say that we'd never see food-base one off promotions in the NBA. I thought we'd never see ads on jerseys. 

Huh. Possibly. The LA Kings as well.

I mean we are already getting them for oranges and peaches. Makes even less sense since they’ll be worn nowhere near peach season.

The Clippers divorcing themselves from RWB is a very good thing, it's not as if they're abandoning a unique color scheme.  Going full NWA/Compton would be a cool way to distance themselves from the Glitz & Glamor Showtime Lakers and try to appeal as the "real" LA team rather than the Hollywood one.  

That being said Sky Blue & Orange is still the best color scheme for them, however if they insist on not using it a primarily Black look is a fine alternative.  

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

1 hour ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

The Clippers divorcing themselves from RWB is a very good thing, it's not as if they're abandoning a unique color scheme.  Going full NWA/Compton would be a cool way to distance themselves from the Glitz & Glamor Showtime Lakers and try to appeal as the "real" LA team rather than the Hollywood one.  

That being said Sky Blue & Orange is still the best color scheme for them, however if they insist on not using it a primarily Black look is a fine alternative.  

I love the Clips in just RWB, because that’s what I grew up on watching them ... however I love that out of bounds city grid and the minimal red and blue kinda works. I could get behind a predominantly black color scheme with minimal highlights of red, blue, orange or even sky blue.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I love the “gangster” vibes it reminds me of gta sorta. I love the accents of red and blue it still adds that touch of clippers but isn’t so much that it’s generic.It’s a good balance. I just genuinely hope in person there would be a better contrast between light and dark black so you can clearly see the design. Unlike the pacers who have a cool line design on their court aswell but you can’t really see it 

IMG-7122.gif

5 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

Georgia is famous for its peaches, so I guess that's why the Hawks are going with the Peach colors for that court. On a related note, the Magic are doing a similar thing, but with oranges.

Yeah, it was an obvious option to have a "Peach State" uniform. After seeing The Bay/Town/City, and other uniforms alike, it makes sense as long as it's tastefully done. 

4 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

Wherever David Stern is, there's probably steam coming out of his ears at the thought of the Clippers branding themselves as "the Compton team."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know people here can be brutal sometimes so don’t go too hard on me but I made a quick rough edit of the clippers court.

86998-A41-9-FAB-4-DC3-8-F92-5185-E5-E0-D

ice_screenshot_20190823-131317.png

I made the half court line black because I feel like a well defined half court line really sets the symmetrical feel to it. I changed up the line colors so that the red can be more balanced with the blue and any white lines to blend in more and make the court look a bit cleaner. I also made the staples center logo smaller and the court wood brighter. Then I made it so that the map design was a bit more in contrast and would appear in the paint area aswell.

IMG-7122.gif

Archived