NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

Wherever David Stern is, there's probably steam coming out of his ears at the thought of the Clippers branding themselves as "the Compton team."

And, then name Magic Johnson as an honorary president of the team. I say honorary because well ... we know why.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kimball said:

And, then name Magic Johnson as an honorary president of the team. I say honorary because well ... we know why.

"This is not...a direction...I would hasten to deem advisable..." half-smiling, teeth clenched, left eye twitching involuntarily. Across town, Adam Silver declares that he's "beyond excited to embrace diverse community outreach," barely looking up from his iPhone displaying Crips and Bloods concepts for Iconic Earned City uniforms or whatever

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, M4One said:

I'm surprised that the Clippers have a court with Los Angeles at centre considering they are officially the LA Clippers.  Or did that change?

I don’t know if it’s official or just preferred? The reliable source of internet knowledge, Wikipedia, says it’s Los Angeles but branded as LA.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Clippers court looks cool, I hope they go that direction.

I don't get what the Mavs are doing with that font.  It's kinda graffiti but also kinda juvenile? 

i’m guessing their city jersey will be graffiti related. it could either go REALLY good or TERRIBLE. we’ll see

18 minutes ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

i’m guessing their city jersey will be graffiti related. it could either go REALLY good or TERRIBLE. we’ll see

Why are we not considering the option of being underwhelming and boring, this is a mavs Jersey after all.

Excellent!

May sound like a Debbie downer but this will dilute the brand even more with different courts, and crazy alternates. Yeah the casual fan is going to be all over it because it represents something in their city...

Oh well, I'll just complain more to myself and not change anything because I can't stop them from making money!

30 minutes ago, KingChandler said:

We love Deep Ellum in Dallas so much cool stuff we even have beer named after it. Ive got a pretty good feeling about this one 😎

I'm just glad that the uniform will seemingly be taking some design risks, rather than the bland, dated look of the other 3 uniforms they'll be using next season.

Also, I'm praying that the City uni uses another number font than the awful one they have now. I refuse to buy any Luka gear until it looks halfway decent.

34 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

If the Clips were to go with the gangsta look, they should change the name.  The name and theme does not go together. They could call themselves the Crippers but them and their fans would get shot up. 😄

Maybe this look is a test for a redesign?

I hope not, that's a god awful idea.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Based on my read of the NBA Summer League crowd, the Clippers are doing very well among the LA crowd of young white dudes who wear chinos, nicely graphic-designed T-shirts that evoke a vintage era of Clippers basketball that never existed, and have nicely shaped beards topped by trucker hats with the new LAC logo. I get why the Clippers would market toward that audience, and I get why that audience would be drawn toward the Clippers. It's the New Balance audience, really. 

Merging that with a cartoon version of 1990s Compton ("Remember Boyz N the Hood??? That was awesome!") makes me a little uncomfortable. Are you ready for #comptonclips in photos of white dudes from [insert funny LA neighborhood I don't know here]? Because it's coming.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I feel like the Mavericks city edition court more resembles a 2010s Windows computer wallpaper. As in it looks more techno than graffiti. (Outside the obvious graffiti text)

With the use of light blue and gradients and the thin lines it gives more of a computer vibe if that makes any sense. 

IMG-7122.gif

Archived