NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Also not sure if anyone has posted this yet

It has, a few times now. I don’t get why you would have three courts with such small differences that the casual fan wouldn’t even notice, but, well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ExJworW.png

This is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn’t be shocked one bit if the Blazers unveil their classic edition uniforms today. They’re having a bike ride with Bill Walton retracing the path of the ‘77 championship parade, and there’s some sort of special announcement at the end:

And now peep the bike jerseys Walton and his wife are wearing:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here’s the official reveal of the Blazers’ classic edition, which is predictably the ‘77 championship reds:

These are absolutely gorgeous. Fans have been clamoring for the return of these since they were last worn as a throwback in 2009, so I’m (and I’m sure the entire fan base) is thrilled to finally see these again. I’m admittedly biased, but these are some of my favorite uniforms in NBA history. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

While I'm glad they're doing a throwback to the 1977 championship team, I would have liked to see them break out retros from their first season.

petrie_0.jpg

While that would make sense for the 50th season, those uniforms aren’t nearly as good or memorable as the ‘77 uniforms. The ‘77 uniforms are a classic and the ‘77 championship is quite clearly the most significant event in the Blazers’ history. I think it’s smart for them to bring back the championships reds, as the ‘77 championship really captured the hearts and minds of the city, and still does to this day. I wouldn’t have minded if they decided to go with the ‘77 whites instead of the reds, but I really wouldn’t have wanted them to bring back the inaugural uniforms. In the future I’d like to see them throw back to the early ‘90’s teams, as those teams really captured the hearts and minds of the city as well, in much the same way as the ‘77 championship. Plus, those uniforms were gorgeous as well. The inaugural uniforms were nice for what they were, but really nothing special (and those word marks were pretty rough).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Weeks like this is why I joined this forum. Leaks and reveals galore. 

Now as for my Bulls..no new courts or classic uniform leaks..kinda disappointed. But at least it means we keep the gold standard.

Atlanta and Orlando tho needs a hug, I might be in the minority but I love that Dallas court. Very risky but could look good on tv. Reminds me of this beauty.

mleu00n2g3w01.jpg

P.S. why cant Rockets do a fauxback to use this court. Hornets honeycomb court is a HUGE hit. 

shado_logo.gif

Archived