NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

4 hours ago, Webfooter said:

While I'm glad they're doing a throwback to the 1977 championship team, I would have liked to see them break out retros from their first season.

petrie_0.jpg

I also wouldn't mind them doing the white version of the 1977 jerseys:

0617 trail blazers lucas j8l7u7

I wholeheartedly agree!! I’m bummed that they aren’t going full-on inaugural 1970/71 season unis (only worn once as a throwback), and I second that they should be wearing white 1976/77 unis, since that’s what they actually wore when they won the championship.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

Weeks like this is why I joined this forum. Leaks and reveals galore. 

Now as for my Bulls..no new courts or classic uniform leaks..kinda disappointed. But at least it means we keep the gold standard.

Atlanta and Orlando tho needs a hug, I might be in the minority but I love that Dallas court. Very risky but could look good on tv. Reminds me of this beauty.

mleu00n2g3w01.jpg

P.S. why cant Rockets do a fauxback to use this court. Hornets honeycomb court is a HUGE hit. 

i love late 90s early 2000s nba identities. some dont like it cause its cartoonish. but atleast each team has their own identity. back when raptors and rockets had distinguished uniforms lol

13 hours ago, Webfooter said:

While I'm glad they're doing a throwback to the 1977 championship team, I would have liked to see them break out retros from their first season.

petrie_0.jpg

I also wouldn't mind them doing the white version of the 1977 jerseys:

0617 trail blazers lucas j8l7u7

Stuff like this irritates me a bit.. is franchises like Blazers & Pacers (2nd fav team) have a TREASURE CHEST of throwback uniform designs that would look beautiful today (sadly tho with ads).

05_1975_1.jpg

09_1985_1.jpg

03_1970_1.jpg

BuseDribbleNice.jpg

Not to mention the Flo Jos (Reggie Miller era)

Yet they kept on using same throwback tribute unis or Indiana case.."fictional" Hoosiers uniforms. Missed opportunities. 

Blazers just used these as throwbacks when Brandon Roy was around not too long ago.

Brandon+Roy+is+amused+in+a+red+retro+Tra

I know they are popular and have PRESTIGE but other designs are just as cool. Sorry had to rant.

shado_logo.gif

51 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Blazers just used these as throwbacks when Brandon Roy was around not too long ago.

Brandon+Roy+is+amused+in+a+red+retro+Tra

I know they are popular and have PRESTIGE but other designs are just as cool. Sorry had to rant.

To be fair that was ten years ago. And like I’ve said before, the Blazers’ fan base has been clamoring for them to return for years now. While I agree that the Blazers do have several other fantastic designs from their history that they could (and should) throw back to, the fan base would’ve been pretty upset had they unveiled a throwback that wasn’t the ‘77 reds. In the future they absolutely should throw back to the late ‘80’s-early 90’s teams, wear the white version of the ‘77 set, and even throw back to the inaugural set eventually. But for this time around I think they made the right choice going with the ‘77 reds, as those are without a doubt the fan favorite.

Also, as an aside, I think some people forget that the Blazers did actually throw back to their inaugural set back in ‘04/05:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Now as for my Bulls..no new courts or classic uniform leaks..kinda disappointed. But at least it means we keep the gold standard.

Atlanta and Orlando tho needs a hug, I might be in the minority but I love that Dallas court. Very risky but could look good on tv. Reminds me of this beauty.

mleu00n2g3w01.jpg

P.S. why cant Rockets do a fauxback to use this court. Hornets honeycomb court is a HUGE hit. 

I can see how a non Rockets fan can view this as some sort of gaudy, nostalgic gem, but I can't imagine many Rockets fans feel the same. The one year of this court and the 6-7 years of the toned down version represent arguably the darkest, most forgettable period in Rockets history. It was the era sandwiched between the Hakeem years and the Toyota Center years. Most Rockets fans associate this court and the pajama uniforms with a dark, drab, half-empty Summit with a team bad enough to consistently pick in the top 5 in the draft. If any era needs to be "thrown back to", its the Clutch City era court and logo.

4 hours ago, mmejia said:

I can see how a non Rockets fan can view this as some sort of gaudy, nostalgic gem, but I can't imagine many Rockets fans feel the same. The one year of this court and the 6-7 years of the toned down version represent arguably the darkest, most forgettable period in Rockets history. It was the era sandwiched between the Hakeem years and the Toyota Center years. Most Rockets fans associate this court and the pajama uniforms with a dark, drab, half-empty Summit with a team bad enough to consistently pick in the top 5 in the draft. If any era needs to be "thrown back to", its the Clutch City era court and logo.

Court was beautiful but uniforms were terrible pajamas. Maybe today unis with this court as a compromise??! Haha

shado_logo.gif

44 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Court was beautiful but uniforms were terrible pajamas. Maybe today unis with this court as a compromise??! Haha

No. Both were terrible. The court just gets love because it was unusual and a one year thing.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

23 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

mleu00n2g3w01.jpg

I remember audibly saying “wow” the first time I saw this court on TV. I can see how bad that identity is now, but 10 year old me was really into it. 

11 hours ago, mmejia said:

When I think of that uniform, I think back to the legends that wore it like Hakeem, Drexler, Barkley, then I also remember Steve Francis and Yao Ming. The dark years don't matter when it comes to nostalgia and throwbacks. Hell, the Sacramento Kings are throwing back to an era that nobody ever talks about this season with the blue and white away uniform. Sometimes the on court performance takes a backseat to the design itself.

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, mmejia said:

sure bro, blame the court for the sucky team...makes no sense

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

When I think of that uniform, I think back to the legends that wore it like Hakeem, Drexler, Barkley, then I also remember Steve Francis and Yao Ming. The dark years don't matter when it comes to nostalgia and throwbacks. Hell, the Sacramento Kings are throwing back to an era that nobody ever talks about this season with the blue and white away uniform. Sometimes the on court performance takes a backseat to the design itself.

Hey now. I always talk about the bobby Hurley, duane causwell , mitch, lionel Simmons. Walt the wizard...early 90s kings teams. I'm stoked they're finally throwing back to this era. Wish it was the home uni. We used to have season tix at arco during this era. Fond memories of that arco thunder. 

25 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Hey now. I always talk about the bobby Hurley, duane causwell , mitch, lionel Simmons. Walt the wizard...early 90s kings teams. I'm stoked they're finally throwing back to this era. Wish it was the home uni. We used to have season tix at arco during this era. Fond memories of that arco thunder. 

That era reminds me of NBA Jam. I almost always use the Kings in that game. The combo of Spud Webb and Mitch Richmond always seems unstoppable.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

That is a casual fans worst nightmare. All those stats taking up the screen 

[David Lee Roth voice] III LOVE 'EM! III NEED 'EM! CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT 'EM! OW! OW! 

ahhhh yeah, beautiful stats!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

You still talk about obscure trash teams from 30 years ago that accomplished nothing, never made the playoffs, and never won more than 30 games, today?

Archived