kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

I’m surprised the Nike template didn’t ruin those jerseys, the colors really pop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly a little bummed that they didn't throwback to the home whites. I always loved how much cleaner they felt.spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

I'm honestly a little bummed that they didn't throwback to the home whites. I always loved how much cleaner they felt.spacer.png

 

This ^ was an updated version from this:

 

michael-cage-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-

 

With that said, I want to like this year's Cavs' throwback because I love the 90s (and the 80s) and nostalgia runs deep...but these are really pretty bad lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot wait until throwing back to these ugly, cartoon, 90s uniforms goes away for the league. We get it kids you like wearing throwback 90s jerseys to music festivals, please don't make us look at them on the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 2:18 AM, SCalderwood said:

 

You still talk about obscure trash teams from 30 years ago that accomplished nothing, never made the playoffs, and never won more than 30 games, today?

I do. It's not always just about whether or not a team wins or is successful in the normal sense of the word.

 

Those were developing years. Games were always sold out. Crowd was always insane. It is driven a lot by nostalgia especially given the last 13 years of this teams performance as well as the huge change in society as a whole.

 

Those trash teams were not good on the floor but you never felt that way about the team. The team always felt exciting. The players (whether or not they wanted to or didnt want to) never gave the impression that they didnt want to be in Sacramento. That hasn't been the case the last decade +. 

 

And like OldSchoolFool said. NBA Jam and just simpler times. Again a lot of nostalgia and the fact I was a kid. But those were great times and being able to go to games all the time are great memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 5:53 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

Notice how some arenas can finally plaster their corporate logo and not just the wordmark on the court? Take the Bulls for example:

This season:

m0mYpAw.jpg

Last season:

0e015688a1d07e3489545e3cc55d5376.jpg

Im almost certain that the league requested teams to do this if the arena name script wasnt already just the arena sponsor logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eszcz21 said:

I cannot wait until throwing back to these ugly, cartoon, 90s uniforms goes away for the league. We get it kids you like wearing throwback 90s jerseys to music festivals, please don't make us look at them on the court.

 

Guess you'll be waiting a while, I don't think teams are going to stick to 2 uniforms all season long for quite a while in this era of bold/colorful social media campaigns and younger targeting demographics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Green27 said:

 

Guess you'll be waiting a while, I don't think teams are going to stick to 2 uniforms all season long for quite a while in this era of bold/colorful social media campaigns and younger targeting demographics.

 

Exactly. Money talks. And, when your main consumers are willing to spend money on an era that’s relevant to them you’re stupid not to follow the trend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I do. It's not always just about whether or not a team wins or is successful in the normal sense of the word.

 

Those were developing years. Games were always sold out. Crowd was always insane. It is driven a lot by nostalgia especially given the last 13 years of this teams performance as well as the huge change in society as a whole.

 

Those trash teams were not good on the floor but you never felt that way about the team. The team always felt exciting. The players (whether or not they wanted to or didnt want to) never gave the impression that they didnt want to be in Sacramento. That hasn't been the case the last decade +. 

 

And like OldSchoolFool said. NBA Jam and just simpler times. Again a lot of nostalgia and the fact I was a kid. But those were great times and being able to go to games all the time are great memories.

 

There was a stretch in the mid-90s, not long after they switched to the purple and black, that the team started to turn it around. In fact, many of the players you mentioned were still on the roster at that time. Shame they couldn't build on it, but at least the Chris Webber era was right around the corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Green27 said:

 

Guess you'll be waiting a while, I don't think teams are going to stick to 2 uniforms all season long for quite a while in this era of bold/colorful social media campaigns and younger targeting demographics.

Where did I say anything about teams sticking to 2 uniforms? I have no problem with throwbacks, or alternate uniforms if they look good. I just despise these ugly 90s uniforms and said I can't wait for the trend to be over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Orlando Magic's "New" Icon uniforms were leaked on NBA store. er.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

The Orlando Magic's "New" Icon uniforms were leaked on NBA store. er.png

 

 

Only thing good about this is the Petrovic jersey next to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I do. It's not always just about whether or not a team wins or is successful in the normal sense of the word.

 

Those were developing years. Games were always sold out. Crowd was always insane. It is driven a lot by nostalgia especially given the last 13 years of this teams performance as well as the huge change in society as a whole.

 

Those trash teams were not good on the floor but you never felt that way about the team. The team always felt exciting. The players (whether or not they wanted to or didnt want to) never gave the impression that they didnt want to be in Sacramento. That hasn't been the case the last decade +. 

 

And like OldSchoolFool said. NBA Jam and just simpler times. Again a lot of nostalgia and the fact I was a kid. But those were great times and being able to go to games all the time are great memories.

 

There are quite a few old stadiums/arenas that I knew I was going to miss, despite them not being very nice places to see a game by the end. I was sad after the last Giants game at Candlestick, and was actually sort of emotional when leaving that stadium after the very last Niners game. I’ll feel the same way about the Oakland Coliseum when that finally closes. Sun Devils Stadium in Tempe was great after the renovations, but I did miss the enormity of that place. 

 

One place that I NEVER expected to miss at all, though? Arco. It’s away from the city, was run down, and is nothing but a boring looking box. But truth be told, while I love the Golden 1 Center and think it’s exactly what this city needed, I do miss what Arco represented. Sacramento has grown up a LOT in the last ten years, and that building was sort of the last shrine to Sacramento being viewed as nothing more than a boring “cow town”. I used to get bagged on constantly by friends/relatives when I told them I wanted to move to Sacramento. @Cujo affectionately referred to it as “Sacramentucky” when we drove through it ten or so years ago, even :P But now people are flocking here in droves because of what it has to offer (mostly, it’s cheaper than the Bay Area, but still). 

 

I’m SO happy I’ve gotten a front row seat to see this city finally grow up a bit and start to live up to its full potential. But I can’t say I don’t get a bit of a smile on my face when I drive down HWY 5 past Arco thinking of “simpler times” when Sacramento was surrounded by nothing but swamplands and fields and rent/housing was dirt cheap. It was a dump, but damnit, its was MY dump. 

 

 

Good ol days, indeed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.