NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah Jazz Throw Back to 90s With Classic Uniforms and Court

August 28, 2019 - 20:22 PM

The Utah Jazz this afternoon announced the return of their purple mountain jerseys, to be worn as a “Classic” uniform during the upcoming 2019-20 NBA season. Originally worn from 1996/97 until 2003/04, the Jazz took their sublimated gradient mountain look […]

Read More...

24 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Am I missing something? Aren’t those just the statement jerseys from last year?

As far as I know, they're identical. The only thing that's changed is their designation. They're now known as the "Icon" jerseys (formerly, "Statement").

Full-disclosure to you and everyone else reading this: I did role my eyes while typing out "Icon" and "Statement."

3 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

And like OldSchoolFool said. NBA Jam and just simpler times. Again a lot of nostalgia and the fact I was a kid. But those were great times and being able to go to games all the time are great memories.

Bolded for emphasis. Many of the average fans can’t even afford to go to a game anymore. I just KNOW that new arena in SF is going to be pricey. If they do build that new Clippers arena it’ll be the same way.

The 90s were almost 30 years ago. It’s time that decade gets the throwback love like the other eras have received.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

50 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

The 90s were almost 30 years ago. It’s time that decade gets the throwback love like the other eras have received.

Agreed completely. If you can't appreciate the design of a specific uniform, that's totally fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be celebrated by people who do appreciate it. In the case of the Jazz, they literally made back to back finals in the purple mountain majesties. Utah had their best seasons in those uniforms. They are an important part of Jazz history.

More black/purple classics that we'll see at HOME. White classics just aren't the cool thing to do. Usually it's a second or third year progression. And then they'll be forced to wear those on the road, when other teams wear their latest dark colored classic. 

Nike has really created a vicious cycle. 

What's the general ratio of white classics vs colored?

Did the Cavs already used up every other throwback so they got to go with those ugly things?  Just because it's old, doesn't make it "classic". I like how in the press release that they have to put the colour of the jersey in parentheses when saying which jersey because of the stupid naming scheme.  City and classic, is easy enough, but the rest is just dumb.

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Cavaliers' record in black, blue, and orange was 311-406. lol  good barnding

Those were some dark days. And I went to quite few games as tickets could be had dirt cheap. You could actually be sitting on one side of Gund Arena and see a friend sitting on the other side, yell to them, and they'd hear you. And this was while the game was going on.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

1 hour ago, M4One said:

Did the Cavs already used up every other throwback so they got to go with those ugly things?  Just because it's old, doesn't make it "classic". I like how in the press release that they have to put the colour of the jersey in parentheses when saying which jersey because of the stupid naming scheme.  City and classic, is easy enough, but the rest is just dumb.

Well they haven't broke these out yet...

https://images.app.goo.gl/mxMa183GMAgz2UCKA

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

16 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

I cannot wait until throwing back to these ugly, cartoon, 90s uniforms goes away for the league. We get it kids you like wearing throwback 90s jerseys to music festivals, please don't make us look at them on the court.

nah man. call them cartoon jerseys all you want. just cause YOU dont like them doesnt mean the league will get rid of them. You realize there are some teams that sell more throwback than their current set i.e. > magic, raptors, grizzlies

1 hour ago, jmatt116 said:

nah man. call them cartoon jerseys all you want. just cause YOU dont like them doesnt mean the league will get rid of them. You realize there are some teams that sell more throwback than their current set i.e. > magic, raptors, grizzlies

[citation needed]

3 hours ago, jmatt116 said:

90s is the best era of nba jerseys and you cant tell me otherwise

Most creative, yes. Best? Ehhhhh ... I still prefer the 80s. With teams like the Pistons, Sixers, Wizards, Jazz, etc. going back to their 80s looks after a dramatic rebrand in the 90s proves that. But, it wasn’t all bad the Kings, Suns and Knicks came out with some decent 90s looks.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived