NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

spacer.png

This is the first time I'm hearing about some sort of throwback rules that say teams can only bring them back during anniversaries. Then we have teams like the Hornets, Pacers, and Warriors have had throwbacks every year tor the past couple of seasons it feels like.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JELKK said:

spacer.png

This is the first time I'm hearing about some sort of throwback rules that say teams can only bring them back during anniversaries. Then we have teams like the Hornets, Pacers, and Warriors have had throwbacks every year tor the past couple of seasons it feels like.

A lot of these dudes that report on a team but try to talk uniforms don't know what they're talking about.  

There's literally no rule about throwbacks being worn for anniversaries. The purple Hornets jersey is literally "25 years after we wore the purple jersey the first time"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, JELKK said:

spacer.png

“You can tell it’s the dog days when the hot topic isn’t the starting lineup or the draft or playoff seeding, but, instead, the uniform choices”

haha yeah where would uniforms ever be a hot topic year round, am I right

ExJworW.png

43 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

A lot of these dudes that report on a team but try to talk uniforms don't know what they're talking about.  

There's literally no rule about throwbacks being worn for anniversaries. The purple Hornets jersey is literally "25 years after we wore the purple jersey the first time"

Thats what I thought. With the way the pistons have been handling it, they would be better off just telling us that they simply just dont want to do throwbacks.

7 minutes ago, JELKK said:

Thats what I thought. With the way the pistons have been handling it, they would be better off just telling us that they simply just dont want to do throwbacks.

I will say quite a few throwbacks are associated with xth season or xth anniversary years...but it's definitely not a hard rule when multiple teams have had throwbacks in 17/18-thru-19/20.

The Pistons could have worn a Nike Classic jersey in 2017-18 (60 years in Detroit) but declined. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, JELKK said:

Pistons design/marketing staff is generally clueless (not meaning to sound harsh). Why they continue to trot out dreadful Chrome and Motor City jerseys year after year is beyond me. I can’t imagine they have any polling/analytics that say those are what the fans want. Every reaction I’ve seen wants either the reds (my preference) or teal era ones back.

23 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Utah Jazz Throw Back to 90s With Classic Uniforms and Court

August 28, 2019 - 20:22 PM

The Utah Jazz this afternoon announced the return of their purple mountain jerseys, to be worn as a “Classic” uniform during the upcoming 2019-20 NBA season. Originally worn from 1996/97 until 2003/04, the Jazz took their sublimated gradient mountain look […]

Read More...

I can’t be the only person who has noticed the waistband logo is oriented incorrectly on the Nike throwback... At least compared to the Stockton/Malone reference picture in the mothership article, it’s incorrect. 

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Frylock said:

I can’t be the only person who has noticed the waistband logo is oriented incorrectly on the Nike throwback... At least compared to the Stockton/Malone reference picture in the mothership article, it’s incorrect. 

Egags it looks like a spiderweb now.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, buckeye said:

I'm sorry. I want to like these but that Nike Uniform Template is horrible.....NO....TURRRIBLE!

The Uniform itself is too small/tight. The Nike and Sponsor logos are too big and because of it the rest of the uniform details don't come off right (Cleveland is too high, the light blue sash is too thick). At least these things proportional to uniform fit.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

While I dislike those throwback Cavs' unis, the second, latter version of the shorts style, as seen on the photos posted previously, was better. But what I'd like to see, are the first LeBron era unis (aka the unis that should've never been ditched).

In a bit of a surprise (at least to me), the Raptors are going with the white version of their inaugural set for their new Classic Edition instead of the purple version:

Personally I really like this move, especially since they just used the purple version as a throwback five years ago for their 20th anniversary.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That 95 Grizzlies vs 95 Raptors game is gonna be a treat for the eyes. Cant wait

That year the Rockets, Hawks, and Sonics has new cartoony jerseys. Thats also the same year the Raptors and Grizzlies were expansion years. That was when I first fell in love with jerseys and the whole aesthetics in sports. I was 10 years old :(

Raptors Bringing Back Original Uniforms in 2020

August 30, 2019 - 15:45 PM

The NBA Champions will be celebrating their 25th season in style this fall with the return of an old look from the 1990s. Straight outta 1995, the Toronto Raptors announced today they will be wearing their original home white uniforms, […]

Read More...

Archived