NFL Redesign (Redskins Added 25/32)

jimboqb12

Oh, I see what you did there. At first, I thought, why do you have two blacks on the palette? But, I realized that the other "black" is just super dark anthracite. Barely noticeable. Anyway, I agree with others, as you should retain the Panthers' current shade of blue. If you want to retain gold, use yellow instead of old gold.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/22/2018 at 12:03 PM, jimboqb12 said:

@YungMan Thanks for the pointers.  I've opted for the numbers on the helmet to give a shout out to the past and also to freshen up the Brown's helmet without detracting from their identity.

Next team up.

Cincinnati Bengals Home & Road

CIN_HomeampRoad.png 

I’d get rid of the white collar on the black jersey. Either orange or black. Me personally I think an orange collar would pop on both of them. Whenever I think of new bengals jerseys, this is basically my design too. I make all lettering/numbering orange with either black or white outline and have home and away with the orange pants you have for your color rush. Digging the work!

I really like the Panthers using the original colors. Great modernization of their uniforms. 

Browns: The shade of orange seems too red for my tastes. I prefer something more pumpkin-y like the previous set. 

Bengals: Stunning! I really like the white details on the facemask and the collar. 

Jets: The pants stripes need to go further up. Traditional striping made to look more modern by truncating it just doesn't work in practice. 

@Jumba66 Thanks for the C&C.  I agree the orange collar would pop, however, the reason i've gone with a white collar is to attempt to mimic a tigers colouring.  Tigers tend to have jaws and chins as well as white chests.  The facemask and collar were to reflect this.  Originally I wanted to make the jersey orange but it looked wrong so I went back to the traditional black.  The drive to have a uniform resembling a tigers markings (loosely) continues into the socks which are striped to recreate the black and white striping of a tigers legs.

@Carolingian Steamroller I agree with the red shade issue and will look to rectify it but i'm going to keep it a rich shade rather than the previous 'pumpkin-y' colour.  The Jets striping I get, undoubtedly it will also look exceptionally dated in about 10 years.  I'll update the striping shortly.

Hopefully get the Broncos up tonight with the updates to the Browns and Jets.

@jimboqb12 I like what you’re going for, that might be an idea for the orange to fully embrace you’re ideas. Something about the black jersey is just off to me, I can’t put my finger on it, maybe an orange outline on the collar or something. Either way, I’d take yours over the current any day! Great work on the series. 

not bad at all. im not a fan of the wordmark on the sleeves. i think the point of a uniform is to say “Broncos” without literally having to say it, but i dont see it being so offensive that you need to change your idea. but theres something about the jersey that isnt quite clicking

looking at the other pieces, the helmet, pants and sock have these really large blocks of color (stripes) that call for attention while the jersey is kind of the last thing that gets noticed. and maybe that changes if you make the orange jersey the primary? i think that might be the key to balancing all this out but if you want to keep blue as the primary, i think you need to find a way to call attention to it. that could also come with taking the stripes off the socks or thinning the pants stripe. you know, in order to make some things “appear” you have to make other things “disappear” 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for all the pointers and suggestions.  Working my way through this gradually.  Currently I'm working on the Patriots.  Should put it up in the next couple of days.

As a look forward to I've got Titans, Ravens and Bills to follow soon.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:40 AM, jimboqb12 said:

It's been awhile.  I'm back at work so the balls been rolling slower.  Any way, next up Los Angeles Chargers.

Los Angeles Chargers Home & Road

LAC_HomeampRoad.png

I'm kinda shocked at how well this works. A lapis/navy combination is maybe antithetical to anything I would have expected but it has a lot going for it. The similarity in shade between the lapis and the navy means that the interior color on the bolt doesn't bleed into the gold creating an almost green look. Further, it makes for a near double outline look on the navy jersey (similar to the old Seau home uniform) while looking almost single outline on the white jersey (like the classic 60's design). 

My one and only tweak would be going with a gold facemask but that's about it. 

Archived