NFL Redesign (Redskins Added 25/32)

jimboqb12

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up the Tennessee Titans.  I wanted to try and get a more 'Greek' feel to the uniforms by incorporating some of the hoplite look.  I'm not sure it's worked as it makes for some imbalance in the uniforms.  The red stripe on the helmet is the plume on the helmet.  The white stripes on the jersey and pants is designed to reflect elements of the hoplite's armour.  I fear it may cause the uniform to look a little mashed up.  None the less I'm going to throw the uniforms into the mix in order to get some valuable C&C.

Tennessee Titans Home & Road

TEN_HomeampRoad.png

There feels like a little too much space between the 'T' and the bottom two stars on the logo. Also, the small size of the 'T' can make it hard to read on the helmet, especially with the extra red the new flames bring. However, the uniforms are on point, and I like the use of more red. Good work!

the user formerly known as cdclt

For the Patriots, I'd love to see the "Flying Elvis" face have flesh tone color like Pat the Patriot has.

These are really quite unique and interesting to look at!

Denver's helmet the "D" seems a bit too skinny or narrow, a bit too "dinky" looking for a pro team, but the artwork and the concept is terrific!

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone and updated the Patriots uniforms by taking on board @Carolingian Steamroller and @wdm1219inpenna observations.  I've removed the star stripes but kept six stars on the helmet (for obvious reasons).  I've also made the 'Flying Elvis' face skin coloured as suggested and think it looks pretty good. 

As always, thanks for the tips and ideas.  They're always much appreciated.

I'm just finishing up on Baltimore Ravens and will upload it shortly.

I tried to make as little adjustments as possible to their uniforms.  Again, I've simply adjusted the logo to make it look slightly more aggressive and made the beak more 'crow' like.  The grey face mask is to replicate the grey beak in the logo.

I kept the jerseys largely the same as the previous set but include the Maryland state flag instead of the 'BR' version on the sleeves. 

C&C is welcome as always.

Baltimore Ravens Home & Road *Edited* Includes new purple and adjusted Ravens word mark.  

BAL_HomeampRoad_2.png

Baltimore Ravens Color Rush

BAL_Color_Rush_2.png

As promised here are the Buffalo Bills

I've updated the charging bison slightly by roading off the hump, sharpening the horn and making the eye more prominent and more aggressive.  I've coloured the entire bison red to reflect the original bison that was worn during the back to back Championship seasons in the '60s.  I have a thought to remove the bolt (if that's what it is) from the horn and trying the silhouette of the bison.  I'll update this logo before my next concept.

Buffalo Bills Home & Road *Edited*  I've updated the logo.

With the Home & Road I've tried to utilise some parts of the 70s/80s/90s design whilst trying to keep it from looking like a throwback.

BUF_HomeampRoad_1.png

Buffalo Bills Color Rush *Edited*  Numbers changed to blue.

The Color Rush uniform takes it's cue from the Bills' first season with bison logo on their helmets in the '60s.

BUF_Color_Rush_1.png

Buffalo Bills Throwback

Sadly it wouldn't be a Bills concept without the inclusion of the Championship throwbacks.  As much as I'd like to chuck in a different throwback it just wouldn't be right.

BUF_Throwback.png

On 2/16/2019 at 11:34 AM, jimboqb12 said:

I tried to make as little adjustments as possible to their uniforms.  Again, I've simply adjusted the logo to make it look slightly more aggressive and made the beak more 'crow' like.  The grey face mask is to replicate the grey beak in the logo.

I kept the jerseys largely the same as the previous set but include the Maryland state flag instead of the 'BR' version on the sleeves. 

C&C is welcome as always.

Baltimore Ravens Home & Road

BAL_HomeampRoad.png

Baltimore Ravens Color Rush

BAL_Color_Rush.png

Tighten up the space between the A and the V in Ravens. Wordmarks look great with those 2 letters next to each other the way their parts are slanted, but without moving them closer to each other there's a huge unnecessary gap that isn't present elsewhere.

XcryMwi.png

The all red Bills logo doesn't work.

I really like the Patriots Color Rush set...but I think it'd be better if the helmet was silver. 

Baltimore is just a a little too dark (cool number font though)

The Chargers' set with the yellow mask looks great...I like the added zags in the pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I absolutely agree with all that’s been said apart from the silver Patriots helmet though I am tempted to play about with the idea.

So, the next moves are:

- change the Bills Color Rush numbers to blue (more in keeping with the throwback nature and I would have seen this if I was more observant in my research)!

- lighten the Ravens purple and clean up the word mark.

- Patriots version with silver helmet (and therefore pants).

So I've updated the Bills and Ravens.  I put together a Patriots silver helmet version and it really didn't work so I've stayed firm with the white helmets and pants.  

Next up Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts.

With Houston I found things difficult.  For starters I think the Texans have a solid uniform that could largely remain unchanged for decades.  It could easily still be worn 30 years from now.  Secondly you can't help but fall into the Texas state flag trap.  Texas obviously sits so importantly with the Texans identity that it's hard to ignore, so I've embraced the state flag and gone with it.  Sorry for the concept cliche.

Houston Texans Home & Road

HOU_HomeampRoad.png

Houston Texans Color Rush

HOU_Color_Rush.png

Houston Texans Throwback

HOU_Throwback.png

I wanted to maintain some of the Colts' uniform history.  It has remained largely unchanged (apart from the mad years of silver pants) and so I didn't want to change it up too much.  However, in the hope to try something different I've strayed off the path by a tiny amount.  Just a tiny amount. 

Indianapolis Colts Home & Road *Edited*

IND_HomeampRoad_1.png

Indianapolis Colts Color Rush

IND_Color_Rush.png

Indianapolis Colts Throwback

IND_Throwback.png

Archived