NFL Redesign (Redskins Added 25/32)

jimboqb12

13 hours ago, jimboqb12 said:

I wanted to maintain some of the Colts' uniform history.  It has remained largely unchanged (apart from the mad years of silver pants) and so I didn't want to change it up too much.  However, in the hope to try something different I've strayed off the path by a tiny amount.  Just a tiny amount. 

Indianapolis Colts Home & Road

IND_HomeampRoad.png

Indianapolis Colts Color Rush

IND_Color_Rush.png

Indianapolis Colts Throwback

IND_Throwback.png

The changes aren't necessarily bad, but they also aren't necessary. Lighten the blue and I can live with the rest.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up are the Miami Dolphins.  I've spent a bit of time working on both logos for them.  The primary logo is a mix of the old logo (which is iconic) and the new modern which is a bit pump.  I've also taken a bit of inspiration from city and county seals.  The sun burst pattern in the primary logo is based on the burst in the Miami-Dade seal.  The secondary logo is an updated version of the Miami seal for the Dolphins. 

Miami Dolphins Home & Road 

MIA_HomeampRoad.png

Miami Dolphins Color Rush

MIA_Color_Rush.png

Miami Dolphins Throwback

MIA_Throwback.png

2 minutes ago, jimboqb12 said:

Next up are the Miami Dolphins.  I've spent a bit of time working on both logos for them.  The primary logo is a mix of the old logo (which is iconic) and the new modern which is a bit pump.  I've also taken a bit of inspiration from city and county seals.  The sun burst pattern in the primary logo is based on the burst in the Miami-Dade seal.  The secondary logo is an updated version of the Miami seal for the Dolphins. 

Miami Dolphins Home & Road 

MIA_HomeampRoad.png

Miami Dolphins Color Rush

MIA_Color_Rush.png

Miami Dolphins Throwback

MIA_Throwback.png

The dolphin has a face again! :)

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile guys but I've been working my through the last remaining AFC teams.  Next up are the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs.

Pittsburgh Steelers Home & Road

There are certain teams that I'm reluctant to change to drastically and this is again one of them.  With the Home & Road set I've kept it largely unchanged except for going with a grey face mask and old type numbers.

PIT_HomeampRoad.png

Pittsburgh Steelers Color Rush

The Color Rush uniform is based on the 1940s uniform.  There isn't really any historical or important linkage to the uniform other than the fact that the original uniform lent itself well to the Color Rush concept. 

PIT_Color_Rush.png

Pittsburgh Steelers Throwback

Based on the 1966-69 uniform.  I liked the simplicity and the yellow shoulders.

PIT_Throwback.png

I hope you like this set.  Kansas City Chiefs up next.

Kansas City Chiefs Home & Road

Again an absolute classic uniform that I didn't want to change up in anyway really.  The uniform has remained practically untouched in 50 years so I didn't want to mess about.  The only changes I've made are to the logo and the script.  I've made the 'arrowhead' more like the arrowheads found around Missouri. 

KC_HomeampRoad.png

Kansas City Chiefs Color Rush 

I've gone with a yellow uniform as this is the only time I'd be willing to mix up their classic uniform. 

KC_Color_Rush.png

Kansas City Chiefs Throwback

The uniform is the 1963 uniform from their first year as the Kansas City Chiefs.  Nothing too exciting beyond the lack of stripes on the jerseys, grey face masks and original KC Chiefs logo.

KC_Throwback.png

Let me know what you think.

I'll be putting up Jacksonville Jaguars later today and then tomorrow I'll kick off the NFC (minus the Carolina Panthers who I uploaded out of sync) with the Los Angeles Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

*Edited* Jacksonville Jaguars Home & Road

I actually really like the current Jags set.  It's really crisp (if you exclude the odd stripes around the collar).  With this set I've kept the sleeve pattern but replicated the stripe pattern of their original jerseys.  I've also made teal the home jersey and thrown in gold pants.  This looks slightly odd when it's presented below but I think it would look pretty strong in motion.  

I've now updated the road uniform to include some teal as per @Punchy_Gungus advice.  Many thanks.

JAX_HomeampRoad_2.png

Jacksonville Jaguars Color Rush

The Color Rush set is pretty dull but allows a black jersey and black pants to be thrown in the uniform mix later in the season.

JAX_Color_Rush.png

That's the AFC wrapped up.  NFC next.

Los Angeles Rams Home & Road

Sticking with the Rams drive towards a basic Navy/White combo.  Knowing the love that's been given to the Throwback uniforms I've stuck with this style.  Pretty basic but I like how clean it is.

LAR_HomeampRoad.png

Los Angeles Color Rush

Stuck with the basic uniform structure but I've thrown the gold back into the uniform.  This could easily be used more often than as the Color Rush set.

LAR_Color_Rush.png

Los Angeles Throwback 

Not a lot to say here.  Iconic.

LAR_Throwback.png

Atlanta Falcons Home & Road

I've reworked the Falcon and added gold to the set.  I've always liked the subtle gold in the first uniforms and this is a way to hark back to the early days.  The intention for the gold face mask is to mix up the standard grey face mask whilst working with the gold accents.  Hopefully it works...

ATL_HomeampRoad.png

Atlanta Falcons Color Rush

ATL_Color_Rush.png

Atlanta Falcons Throwback

ATL_Throwback.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home & Road

I found it quite difficult to get the Buccaneers going.  I wanted to get the 'Creamsicle' look in but couldn't justify the Orange, Red and White look.  The pewter had to stay because of the Super Bowl win.  As a compromise I've reworked the logo as a homage to the old uniforms.  For the remaining elements of the uniform I've tried to take inspiration from 'Black Beard'.  The stripes under the arm pit represent his pistols.  This is certainly not my favourite concept but I've tried something new whilst holding onto the past.

TB_HomeampRoad.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Color Rush

Here was my opportunity to get in the Creamsicle look.  It's horrible and doesn't work with the pewter helmet but I thought I'd crow bar it into the set.

TB_Color_Rush.png

Now that's Tampa Bay out the way!

Arizona Cardinals Home & Road

The current set in my opinion is awful.  It's out of date and too busy.  I've reverted back to the classic Cardinals uniform but have included the state flag on the home uniforms.  I've also got rid of the stripes from the road jersey.  I wanted to mix the concept up slightly but keep it relatively classic so I used the iconic Arizona skyline to create a 'colourful' trim to the numbers and stripes.

AZ_HomeampRoad.png

Arizona Cardinals Color Rush

In this set I've taken the skyline striping and put it in the sleeves.

AZ_Color_Rush.png

Arizona Cardinals Throwback

Nothing exciting here.  Just the classic Chicago Cardinals uniform.

AZ_Throwback.png

Philadelphia Eagles Home & Road

I've gone back to the Kelly Green look whilst still holding onto some of the current look.  The current wings on the helmet and the eagles head logo are fantastic and I didn't want to change them beyond the colouring.

PHI_HomeampRoad.png

Philadelphia Eagle Color Rush

Nothing over the top.  Just and all Kelly Green beast.

PHI_Color_Rush.png

Philadelphia Throwback

This is based on the 1948 uniform.

PHI_Throwback.png

New Orleans Saints Home & Road

I haven't done a lot with this uniform as it's pretty clean.  I've taken inspiration from this years Draft Caps and gone with the New Orleans city flag three fleur-de-lis.  I've also changed the Saints' fleur-de-lis to replicate the city emblems.

NO_HomeampRoad_1.png

New Orleans Saints Color Rush

Not very exciting.  Created really in order to provide black pant to the Home & Road set.

NO_Color_Rush.png

New Orleans  Saints Throwback

NO_Throwback.png

That's it for now guys.  Next up are the Washington Redskins (Braves).

Few comments:

I like all of them, but the Steelers and Rams “throwbacks” use the incorrect logos/fonts. Also, the Cardinals Throwback is showing the Color Rush rather than the Throwback, and... Kyler Murray?

da0Lbhs.png

On the Bills concept, I like the charging buffalo logo on the helmet without the "bolt" or the "stripe" or whatever they call it.

That thing always bothered me. This looks much better. I wonder what that logo would look like with some thin blue trim on it?

Love all the new concepts and I love that you added Louisiana as a patch, always really liked that look. I am curious what you will do for the redskins as the probably have the best uniforms at the moment.

cleveland_ghosts_legendary_players_by_ve

Dolphins: looks nice, brighten the orange

Vegas: nice strategy, maybe liven up the wordmark a bit but the raider looks like he’s only swallowing one sword, which I find weird. Also maybe do a gray color rush?

Steelers :  not feeling the wordmark, maybe liven up the color rush by putting yellow on the helnets?

Chiefs:  nice work, but without the shadow, it doesn’t feel right....

Jags:  brighten the teal, make a gold color rush.

Rams :  only suggestion is to put the la rams wordmark on the back of the throwback helmet.

Falcons: I’m not feeling what you did with the logo At ALL, could you try to incorporate gold into the present logo? You could keep the wordmark and number type, it’s the main logo that’s the problem.

Bucs: with the raiders concept, it feels too similar, maybe try something with the ship?

Cards: the white on the beak was fine, keep the unis the same.

Philly: it’s meh......

New Orleans: probably my favorite one of this. It’s fine.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived