Hand Drawn Aribon Football Association-FIXED IMAGES-Annesburg City F.C. added (3/20)

JG36

Recently I viewed an old hand-drawn soccer league by @TheGiantsFan and it inspired me to actually finish a league I make. So I created a fictional country, because I found it hard to creatively make American teams. Republic of Aribo or Republica Ariba, was first explored by the Spanish in 1493, but was also settled by the English. The West side of the Island is English, and the East side is Spanish. Here’s the first team, Real Santo Aribo. C+C would be greatly appreciated to help me better my artistic ability.

ACoutA0.jpg

Real Santo Aribo

Real is the oldest team in the AFA, and regularly wears their classic pinstripes. Their brand new clash uniforms are orange with a gradient sash across the uniform. All kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Flores, a Aribon real estate company.

5JWwsTH.jpg

Athletic Club St. James

St. James is a team with a classical look, usually sporting their traditional red and black striped uniform, similar to Germany’s 2014 WC threads. Their clash features the cross from the crest. Kits by Nike and sponsored by X-Press, the main delivery service in Aribo.

I forgot to mention this, but the stars in the logo represent championships. A gold star is 10, silver is 5, and white is 1. 

C+C greatly appreciated.

Still no C+C or comments? Oof. But let’s keep going!

mywqz9j.jpg

Annesburg City F.C.

Anne City wears a three-toned Aqua and Navy set with teal accents, with the Navy top half being separated by waves from the Aqua bottom half. The clash is a clean black and white kit with black lining on the shoulders. Kits by Nike and the sponsor is Quickdog, a fast-food hotdog chain.

Any C+C?

6 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

Interesting league so far, you've done well so far. Interested to know some more of the background of the league and the cities. What is each city known for and what clubs have rivalries?

I probably should mention a bit more about the island nation. Aribo virtually takes the place of the Azores. As it is an island, fishing is a prominent in every coastal city. Cities in the central part of Aribo were part of the Industrial Revolution of the 1800-1900s, and that will be evident in some future teams’ identities. Turland and Centerton’s teams (Not gonna reveal identies yet) are huge rivals, and to make it worse, Centerton has beaten Turland on the road the past 5 matchups (Turland has been able to win in centerton quite often as well. Despite the recent head-to-head dominance by Centerton, Turland won the league title over Centerton by 1 point in 2015 when Centerton lost 3 straight games at the end of the season. Elsewhere, many of the rivalries are between primarily Spanish cities and primarily English cities. New Bristol’s team and Annesburg City F.C. fight over the Golden Goblet, first awarded in 1972. If one team wins both matchups or has the goal advantage (If they split), they keep the Goblet for the year. In 2001 Annesburg players drove around in a truck through New Bristol, showing off the goblet they had won the year before. This was after a 5-1 road win in New Bristol, and players thought it would stay in a Annesburg yet again. New Bristol players took offense, winning the next game 3 weeks later in Annesburg 6-1 to steal the goblet and stun Annesburg. 

Any other questions or comments would be appreciated 

Archived