NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (League COMPLETE 5/28)

JB Designs

Since we're so close to the end, I'm going to finish it off and then go back for edits, so keep the C&C coming, gents!

The Vancouver Canucks

Vancouver's jersey history is up and down and all over the place so for their Color Rush set, the Canucks throwback to perhaps their most iconic jersey (the gradient alternate of the 90s). The look is cleaned up a bit with the gradient given the boot and a recolored Johnny Canuck on the chest. The VC monogram adorns the helmet and shoulders and the hem and pant striping forms a subtle V to hearken back to the city name. Vancouver Salmon is on full display and is perhaps the perfect fit for a series celebrating the vibrant color pallet of the National Hockey League.

spacer.png

Only one team left! (Maybe 2 if Seattle inspires me in the coming week.

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (VAN added 5/19)
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/30/2018 at 12:31 AM, JB Designs said:

The Ottawa Senators

With a concerning lack of creativity in their jerseys in recent years, Ottawa tries to buck the trend of their recent looks. The sideways centurion returns along with a new take on the barber pole striping complete with a sublimated laurel patter. The shoulder patch of the early 2000s returns, but its wings are clipped so it fits better as a shoulder patch.

YnBo1zr.png

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far. Keep it coming and I'll be sure to keep the concepts coming as well.

You know I kinda wanna see a full red version, like everyone goes full black but we haven't seen a full red uniform. 

zyyMk1d.png

The Vegas Golden Knights

It's about time the GOLDEN Knights had a GOLDEN jersey. The Knight's Color Rush steals a lot from the Penguins' 2019 Stadium Series look with the simple thick angled striping and the two color look. The striping is a touch more unique, with a second black stripe to mimic the outline on the primary logo. This is replicated in the jersey numbering as well. The pants adopt the V in their side striping and gold equipment dominates outside of the pants. After a shot at taking home the silverware in their first season, Vegas is ready to GO FOR GOLD!

spacer.png

That's 31 teams, folks! Fortunately, inspiration struck with Seattle, so we've got a 32nd to look forward to before the series is complete.

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (VGK added 5/27)

Nice look for Vegas! After Seattle, maybe go for quebec or Hartford or either Atlanta when you’re done. Good job!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

The Seattle Seahawks Mariners SuperSonics Pilots Totems

Green means go as the Totems adopt a vibrant color rush look in their first NHL season. The chest logo used here is Dylan Nowak's original creation and is used with permission. The circular outline is paired with the 2016 ASG font to create player specific decals and patches for the pants, helmet and shoulders. The barberpole striping is a nod to the Seattle Metropolitans of hockey lore and colors are kept simple to allow the teams new identity to shine through. Other than that, what you see is what you get for a Seattle team that's looking to be the hottest Seattle product since some mermaid coffee brand that shall remain nameless.

nVPMoxa.png

That's all folks! I'd love to hear some feedback on the most recent looks as well as the series as a whole.

I had planned to go back and do some match-up mock-ups, but unfortunately most of the files died with my old laptop so we'll have to go with out.

This series has been a lot of fun and has really stretched some creative muscles, so I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. On to the next one!

If you have any suggestions for what should come next be sure to drop them below, I'm currently undecided at the moment.

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (League COMPLETE 5/28)
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy helvete, these are simply delicious! Amazing concepts 👍

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

Archived