Worst Game You Ever Saw

Red Wolf

I've been at some pretty bad minor league baseball games. You know - the games where it's a noon or earlier first pitch on a Wednesday with 92 degree temperature and the good players have already been called up to the major league team and the minor league team isn't in playoff contention and the visiting team puts up like 7 runs in the first two innings. Those kind of games.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Bmac said:

I've been at some pretty bad minor league baseball games. You know - the games where it's a noon or earlier first pitch on a Wednesday with 92 degree temperature and the good players have already been called up to the major league team and the minor league team isn't in playoff contention and the visiting team puts up like 7 runs in the first two innings. Those kind of games.

I saw a West Virginia Power Sunday afternoon game with about 150 fans in 95+ degree weather. Barely any place with shade and absolutely no breeze. Was one of the worst baseball game experiences I've ever experienced.

I guess all the crappy Bucks games I've seen over the years have run together.  This new world-beater Bucks squad is still a new concept that hasn't quite sunk in for me yet.

Of all the horrid QB play I've seen from the Bears, Todd Collins' single start was easily the most cringeworthy game I can recall...and this is considering the Bears somehow managed to actually win that one.  My thoughts were "how the effort is this man employed to be an NFL passer?". The way he played, I don't even think a mediocre semipro team would want him.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Saw my Kings lose to the Cavs in 2011(first year post LeBron). Two bad teams going at it. The most recognizable player on the Cavs to me was Luke Harangody, and that was solely based off him in college. Here is the box score: https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201103160SAC.html. (Two days later I saw them got smoked by a playoff team in the Sixers)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The 2005 United States Grand Prix fits this description pretty well.

Dpykeb4XcAA2b8t.jpg

There were 20 cars (10 teams) in F1 that year, 14 that used Michelin tires and 6 that used Bridgestone. The Michelin tires had severe failures throughout the weekend and it was considered unsafe to race on the existing circuit -- 9 of the 10 teams supported adding a chicane to Indy's oval turn, but Ferrari and the FIA were against it, so no chicane was added.

All the Michelin teams took the parade lap, then peeled off into the pits in protest. The two Ferrari cars, plus the four back-markers that also ran Bridgestone, paraded around the track. It was bizarre.

6fQjS3M.png

On January 12th, 2019, the Minnesota Wild hosted the Detroit Red Wings, in a game that shouldn’t have been very lopsided, but unfortunately the Minnesota Wild gave up after the first period, leading to a 5-2 loss on home ice. The fifth and final goal for the Red Wings was a hattrick goal by Bertuzzi where he got the puck in the corner, and simply walked to the front of the net and backhanded the puck past Dubnyk, while 3 players for the Wild just slowly skated back and watched him score... 🙃

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 2 weeks later...

My worst live game was a 1986(?) regular season game at Kauffman against the Twins. An unidentified Royal player raps a foul ball to my uncle next to me (we were first row, upper deck, third base side,) and a spirited Royal fan charges down and grabs the ball as he is going over the guardrail to certain death! My uncle's first instinct was to just grap him by his short's waist, his second instinct was to rap his temple a coupla times! My uncle obviously kept the ball and gave it to me. I have since lost tract of said foul ball, my bad😕

(Not that I have personally watched any of these games, but they are truly some of the greatest horrid games...)

My personal submission would be watching the soon-to-be 0-16 Detroit Lions play the New Orleans Saints to the tune of a 42-7 defeat in December of 2008.

On 12/26/2018 at 11:22 PM, Bucfan56 said:

Someone recently did a write up about the 2008 Sun Bowl. I watched every play of that garbage ass game.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ehh... Last Year the week after DeShaun Watson tore his ACL. It was 20-14 Colts, but it was 2 backup QB's playing garbage football. Add in the fact that I was super sad about the season-ending injury of Watson, so yeah it was probably the wurst game I e'er saw,

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just thought of one...several years back, I was flipping through channels one summer night and the local access channel had a tape delayed Racine Raiders game on.  The tail end of a blowout win over something called the Chicago Colts...these Colts were so incompetent it actually had me laughing my ass off...and it helped that the commentators were basically in snark mode.  And this is coming from a dude who usually finds bad football sad and pathetic, rather than funny.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

THIS ONE.

I knew someone was going to do this, but didn't think it'd be you. I expected better.

Ok, so the game wasn't good, but it wasn't "OMG WORST EVAR!!!" bad. I'm probably biased because I appreciate a defensive battle (yes, this was more offensive ineptitude than defensive prowess) but at least it was still anyone's game with 5 minutes left. I'd rather have LIII than XLVIII (Seahawks 43, Broncos 8.) any day of the week. Plus, the past 5 Super Bowls have been pretty entertaining. It figures there's got to be a dud every once in a while.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Was this a defensive battle where both defenses truly shone, or was this a field-position taffy pull defined more by unforced errors and general sloppiness?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think a Super Bowl that comes down the 4th quarter can be among the worst all time games.  I'll take it over Seattle's dismantling of Denver any day.

There was lots of good defense.  And, no doubt, lots of bad offense.  By no means was it a great game, but I'm old enough to remember San Francisco beating Denver 55-10.  And Washington clobbering Denver. And the Giants.  Wow, the Broncos lose their games huge.  Not to mention some recent blow-outs in the college playoff and BCS.  This game kept my interest.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived