CaliforniaGlowin

Different colors of jerseys and pants in baseball

On 3/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, RoughRiders99 said:

I mean, the Pirates and the A's can pull it off as seen here: 

4810678543_affae5f868_o.jpg

I'm thinking teams like the Rockies, Diamondbacks, Rays, Marlins, maybe the Blue Jays, Mariners, and Padres could also pull this kind of look. The newer teams could pull it off.Classical teams like the Yankees or Red Sox or Cubs or Dodgers, probably not so much. I know it's a traditional sport, but I think with the right teams with the right colors and look, they can easily pull it off. If softball players can do it, so can MLB.  I'm not saying make them a throwback or whatever. I think there CAN be modern "monochrome" and/or different colored jersey/pants that aren't white or gray looks in MLB.  

What do you think? Just thought I'd bump up this thread in light of the MiLB's Copa de la Diversion program! 

The Pittsburgh Pirates and the Oakland A's have a history of some unique uniforms in my lifetime and I've always tended to like most of them, be they traditional or non-traditional.  

Dislike the sport of baseball, but love the different colored uni's that some teams sport.

All white vs. all gray? Blah. Boring.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Can't think of any currently, but:

CgV2RMcWQAARk75.jpg

CgV1i1oWcAACaPU.jpg

Do shorts count?

White-Sox-Shorts-1976-Goose-Gossage-590x

Regarding the White Sox, the shorts were a brief experiment but the standard home uniform was still originally white over navy and roads were navy over navy (!). The navy pants were just one more reason they looked ridiculous to me. However, in a couple years they went with navy over white for home or away and made me think they looked like they finally had a "real" uniform (collars, shirttails, and no stirrups notwithstading). Shortly thereafter they evolved to a white over white combo at home, which was even better.

In short, the point is that color over white (or gray) seems "normal" to me. Pants that aren't white or gray look like an abberation. FWIW I didn't mention powder blue because to me that's essentially gray for a baseball uni. Its not an identity color but just a backgound color.

I'd have a lot less of a problem dealing with a monochrome dark baseball uniform than I do having to deal with all the monochrome dark football uniforms.

In my mind, baseball uniforms are supposed to have matching jerseys and pants, and football uniforms are supposed to have contrast.

1 hour ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

orioles-orange-jerseys.jpg

This is okay, 

This is not

4803709808_1bab553f94_z.jpg

*This previous photo is from the Uni-Watch entry on July 24, 2010 (https://bit.ly/2XhufV1)

Well, yeah... those blue aren't even close to matching, and you can't see his socks.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:13 PM, RayFinkle said:

Dislike the sport of baseball, but love the different colored uni's that some teams sport.

All white vs. all gray? Blah. Boring.

If I had a dislike button, I'd be using it at you.

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd have a lot less of a problem dealing with a monochrome dark baseball uniform than I do having to deal with all the monochrome dark football uniforms.

In my mind, baseball uniforms are supposed to have matching jerseys and pants, and football uniforms are supposed to have contrast.

I think you got it reversed. Monochrome in football is much better than monochrome in baseball(when it’s not white grey or maybe black)