Thrift Store Gems 2019

1 hour ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Yeah but our Packers in 49ers gold WTF! It reminds me of my college shirt collection I started in the 80s. Stanford, Alabama were red shirts. Crimson not a color? Washington Purple and Yellow, no gold?

That looks almost like the Ron Wolf proposal. Sorry - Packjacked!

It's where I sit.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2019 at 6:10 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Sweet! You should strip the logos from the old Jets, put the Bills stripes and logos on the white helmet, then take the Chiefs stuff off the burgundy helmet and put them on red.

Yeah - the OCD kicked in 😂

This would free up the two extra facemasks for the Saints and Bucs too lol.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bunch of game cut-style football jerseys in Play It Again Sports for $10 a pop. There were 2 Oregon, 2 Ole Miss, a Penn State, and Texas Tech football; plus a Maryland basketball and Oregon practice-style basketball jersey.

I thought I had hit a gold mine, but then noticed the Ole Miss font on one of the jerseys looked off. I Googled them and found similar examples of every jersey I saw for sale on Ebay or somewhere else.

Example:

s-l1600.jpg

So... someone is out there counterfeiting game-cut NCAA football jerseys. The materials were high quality and there were believable tags on both the inside and outside. I'm more familiar with NFL tagging, but this stuff looked good. Had it not been for the font, I probably would've been fooled.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Found a bunch of game cut-style football jerseys in Play It Again Sports for $10 a pop. There were 2 Oregon, 2 Ole Miss, a Penn State, and Texas Tech football; plus a Maryland basketball and Oregon practice-style basketball jersey.

I thought I had hit a gold mine, but then noticed the Ole Miss font on one of the jerseys looked off. I Googled them and found similar examples of every jersey I saw for sale on Ebay or somewhere else.

Example:

s-l1600.jpg

So... someone is out there counterfeiting game-cut NCAA football jerseys. The materials were high quality and there were believable tags on both the inside and outside. I'm more familiar with NFL tagging, but this stuff looked good. Had it not been for the font, I probably would've been fooled.

I thought I recognized these from somewhere and, sure enough, I remembered. They come from this Nike Team catalog on page 9. I’m assuming the jersey you found was made by Nike as a spec to show off at trade shows and to other schools, etc. Probably has very little value, though. 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, mattb6 said:

I thought I recognized these from somewhere and, sure enough, I remembered. They come from this Nike Team catalog on page 9. I’m assuming the jersey you found was made by Nike as a spec to show off at trade shows and to other schools, etc. Probably has very little value, though. 

Wow! That's great - so I guess these were some type of salesman's sample. The materials felt too good to be fakes, but I couldn't get around that font. Thanks!

23 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Example:

Been noticing this a lot on eBay lately. People order catalog jerseys with school names and sometimes logos, then try to pass them off as game worn or team issued jerseys, even though they aren't even close to the on field stuff.

Would be interested in seeing the Oregon jerseys if you get a chance to post!

On 5/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, BigDmo said:

Been noticing this a lot on eBay lately. People order catalog jerseys with school names and sometimes logos, then try to pass them off as game worn or team issued jerseys, even though they aren't even close to the on field stuff.

It was just like this one. Same number and everything. One was a M, one was a L.

-7626584752677434614.jpg

-3385196347172708033.jpg

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

It was just like this one. Same number and everything. One was a M, one was a L.

-7626584752677434614.jpg

-3385196347172708033.jpg

Yeah those wind up on eBay all the time. Just catalog samples

On 5/24/2019 at 8:03 AM, C-Squared said:

All from the same thrift store this past Wednesday 🤩

YFHOJ8N.jpg

Damn. I would feel so awkward checking out with 14 super bowl hats.

Excellent!

On 5/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, sc49erfan15 said:

Wow! That's great - so I guess these were some type of salesman's sample. The materials felt too good to be fakes, but I couldn't get around that font. Thanks!

at the old Sports Consignment at Independence Coliseum Shopping Center we had a regular who would dump adidas, puma, and umbro show samples (usually in my size) that i would snap up as unique one-offs.  perfect quality at minimal prices.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:39 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

-7626584752677434614.jpg

Even if they're semi-common samples, a jersey this clean of a major team will always have a market. At the right price, I would snap these up for resale all day. The frustrating finds are the jerseys that in every way resemble a major program, but that are conveniently missing the logos/wordmarks that would make them more valuable!

On 5/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, BigDmo said:

Anywhere you would recommend looking for legitimate game worn/team issued gear?

On 5/29/2019 at 10:32 AM, C-Squared said:

Even if they're semi-common samples, a jersey this clean of a major team will always have a market. At the right price, I would snap these up for resale all day. The frustrating finds are the jerseys that in every way resemble a major program, but that are conveniently missing the logos/wordmarks that would make them more valuable!

Yeah, I might swing by once I have a chance (in the middle of moving at the moment) and see if they're still there.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:26 AM, THRILLHO said:

Replying to this again just because I found about a dozen Cardinals Nike polos that it turns out belonged to a now-Bills assistant coach... he packed it, brought it all the way up here, and THEN donated it all 😂

Archived