johnnysama

Thrift Store Gems 2019

On 8/3/2019 at 9:37 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

I don't even want to know how much you paid for this, or how much you're flipping it for.

This is a lie. I do.

I an hoping to get it photomatched or authenticated (even though its an obvious gamer), I think it might be worth auctioning through a memorabilia specialty site :)

Scored this off Facebook for $40 this morning:

cVJtllR.jpg

Fuy3DiM.jpg

I found a B.C. Lions T-shirt, a Toronto Blue Jays hat and an uncrested Vancouver Canucks goalie jersey all for $20.

This is a thrift store gem, sort of. Well, a Poshmark find. Certainly a gem in some way. 

spacer.png

On 8/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, C-Squared said:

I an hoping to get it photomatched or authenticated (even though its an obvious gamer), I think it might be worth auctioning through a memorabilia specialty site :)

Scored this off Facebook for $40 this morning:

cVJtllR.jpg

Fuy3DiM.jpg

Man I would not mind getting hit by Sean Taylor while sliding for the first down marker for that jersey

On 8/16/2019 at 1:02 PM, Goatiest Maximian said:

Man I would not mind getting hit by Sean Taylor while sliding for the first down marker for that jersey

It sold for $400 the same day I bought it for $40! 😅

Not a "thrift store" find per se, but a local company did a huge buyout of 25+ years of Bills backlogged equipment... snagged all this yesterday:

nLTy5oF.jpg

Hey, I found a Len Dawson Chiefs jersey for $18.

I found a Matt Roney Oakland A's jersey for $6.

Was able to snag this Bears starter striker jacket off LetGo for $30. Had to drive an hour out to the northwest Chicago burbs, but I think it was worth it. Love it

spacer.pngspacer.png

Unused my ass, the Ditka bear was actually a common sight in the late 80s to the mid 90s, IIRC it even briefly replaced the C at midfield.  My uncle sent me a Bears Starter jacket with the Ditka bear on the back when he was stationed in Korea.

Sweden Euro 2012 Home + Barnsely 14/15 home + Denver Nuggets M&N cap just for 2,75zł which is around 70 cents (but of course you should count this like a $2,75):

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I scored a Tiki Barber red Giants alternate replica for $4, an adidas Philadelphia Union track jacket for $5, and a copy of NCAA Football 14 for Xbox 360 for $1.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:59 PM, Discrimihater said:

Unused my ass, the Ditka bear was actually a common sight in the late 80s to the mid 90s, IIRC it even briefly replaced the C at midfield.  My uncle sent me a Bears Starter jacket with the Ditka bear on the back when he was stationed in Korea.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Never had seen that logo before.  The mothership has it as an unused logo.  Seems like a nice collector's item

Chicago Bears (1993 - 1993)

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/169/Chicago_Bears/

On 9/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, NDFreek said:

Was able to snag this Bears starter striker jacket off LetGo for $30. Had to drive an hour out to the northwest Chicago burbs, but I think it was worth it. Love it

spacer.pngspacer.png

Yeah that version of the Bear head was used extensively as a secondary logo in the 1980's and early 90's. 

I actually prefer it to the retro orange bear head logo that the Bears currently use because the current one looks more like a tiger than a Bear. 

I can't tell you how many times I've been wearing one of my orange Bear head caps and someone here on the east coast said "So, you're a Bengals fan huh!?“

On 9/28/2019 at 12:59 PM, Discrimihater said:

spacer.png

Still graces the sign of Orso's on Wells

I found four caps: A Yokohama Taiyo Whales (today's Yokohama DeNA Baystars) one, a Bellingham Mariners (the former "Baby Ms" Minor League Club of the Mariners from 1977-94; it's based on their 1987-92 cap) one, a Washington Huskies cap, and a 1977-80 Seattle Mariners cap. :D

Heh, I found another Japanese baseball cap, that of the Yomiuri Giants for $6. :D

Another find: A Montreal Canadiens jersey for $20.

Not really a thrift store find, but I was given a 4th of July FLORIDA Marlins cap as a gift.