2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, just got an ESPN notification on my phone saying Denver is in the process of working out a deal to ship Case Keenum to Washington. Honestly, I'm surprised anyone was willing to make an offer on him, I thought for sure they'd end up just releasing him as dead money. If they do officially work something out, I'll be thrilled, even if it's only a small return. Still more than I though they'd get out of him.

Edit: Got beat to it 🙄

10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

If a bunch of old school a-hole NFL dummies think Kyler Murray has issues because of some things they saw in the combine I'd go ahead and take him number one. 

Casserly is bitter Murray's camp didn't use him in their preparation for the combine.

During a Wednesday appearance on ESPN New York’s Michael Kay Show, Casserly said of Murray, “Clearly this guy was not trained for the interview. Just listening to it. I train players. I train over 100 players a year for Combine interviews. This guy wasn’t trained.”

Casserly wasn’t asked to clarify whether he actually saw or heard a recording of one specific Combine interview involving Kyler Murray, but the words “just listening to it” suggest that at least one of the teams gave Casserly access to the tape.

By trashing Murray’s lack of preparation for Scouting Combine interviews while getting paid to prepare other prospects for Scouting Combine interviews, Casserly has a clear and obvious conflict of interest. Which means that he should not be commenting on anyone’s Combine interviews on NFL Network or elsewhere, without at a minimum disclosing his conflict of interest. Moreover, he definitely shouldn’t be commenting on whether someone who wasn’t one of his clients was prepared for their Combine interviews.

Meanwhile, Murray indeed received training for the Combine interviews. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley (who likely would have gotten an NFL head-coaching job this year if he wanted one) and former Washington coach and former NFL quarterback Jim Zorn prepared Murray for his Combine sessions.

After having Rosen (and trading UP for him) for one season, is Arizona really gonna draft another QB? They better hope Murray ends up being a HOF QB because they have much bigger needs at other positions.

5 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

After having Rosen (and trading UP for him) for one season, is Arizona really gonna draft another QB? They better hope Murray ends up being a HOF QB because they have much bigger needs at other positions.

I don't know anything about Rosen, but I don't think it matters.  If there's a guy that you think is the guy for your team, you do what you have to in order to get him, regardless of anything else.  If he's there, and you have some doubts about your current guy, you can't worry about where he was picked or how much he's paid.  A true franchise QB is priceless, and even if you think the guy you have is really good... but maybe not a "franchise" guy, and one's available, you have to get him.  

You can obviously win with crap face QBs (Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson) but if you have a chance for a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Bobby Hoying, Drew Brees, etc., you have to make that move or you're dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't know anything about Rosen, but I don't think it matters.  If there's a guy that you think is the guy for your team, you do what you have to in order to get him, regardless of anything else.  If he's there, and you have some doubts about your current guy, you can't worry about where he was picked or how much he's paid.  A true franchise QB is priceless, and even if you think the guy you have is really good... but maybe not a "franchise" guy, and one's available, you have to get him.  

You can obviously win with crap face QBs (Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson) but if you have a chance for a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Bobby Hoying, Drew Brees, etc., you have to make that move or you're dumb.

I can't see Murray being that much better than Rosen with that offensive line. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Bills desperately need WRs, but the coach seems like the stereotypical “keep your head down” kinda guy. I would have been shocked if the Bills got Antonio Brown.

FWIW, the story on the radio this morning was that the deal was basically done, but Brown didn't want to come to Buffalo. Normally I take those kind of rumors with a pound of salt, but it would explain the Rapoport misfire.

Unless the deal was contingent on him signing an extension I’m not sure why it mattered. I get you don’t want someone that’s unhappy on your team, but the league shouldn’t allow teams to suck because nobody will play for them.  

On the the other hand, I have no problem with a player wanting to have control over where he lives/works, so I don’t fault brown. 

Do NFL contracts allow for limited no-trade clauses?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Somebody out in the wonderful world of social media suggested this:

Is this even possible? At least in the NFL? I’ve seen it happen in the NBA, MLB, and I believe NHL as well.

Redskins flip Case Keenum and a couple picks to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen, at least.

I'm curious as to what the Bills were willing to give up. If they were just going to swap first round picks I could have gotten on board with that. But there's no way this move would have panned out anyway. Even if Josh Allen takes a huge step forward next year, a guy like AB isn't going to be happy on a 7-9/8-8 team where he's only getting about 5-6 targets a game.

7 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Brown doesn't want to play in Buffalo, The Forever .500s probably don't want to go 8-8 plus dealing with a cancer like AB. Everyone wins IMO. 

Forever .500?! Where do I sign up to guarantee eight wins every year, and do they take Amex?

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Somebody out in the wonderful world of social media suggested this:

Is this even possible? At least in the NFL? I’ve seen it happen in the NBA, MLB, and I believe NHL as well.

Redskins flip Case Keenum and a couple picks to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen, at least.

From what I read, Denver is paying half of his salary, so Washington could conceivably pay the rest and trade Arizona a "free" QB.  Not sure how that works with the cap, but I imagine it's kinda like a cash payment to AZ and he'd still count against their cap.

Desean Jackson back to the Eagles. Shouldn’t ever have been cut in the first place except that chip kelly was an insecure racist turd that spread gang rumors

Archived