2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ravens made two splashes today, signing Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram.  Always exciting to see your team go after big names, and I think both will help. 

Thomas' deal is for 4 years/$55m.  $32m is guaranteed and $22m of that comes in the first nine months.  I don't hate that structure, the frontloading lets the Ravens cut him when he undoubtedly falls off a cliff and is no longer worth the money.  He also fills the need left by Weddle's cutting and helps address the fact that OBJ just came into the division.

Ingram's deal is for 3 years/$15m.  That's decently reasonable for a good running back, especially when the running game is going to be a huge part of the offense.

Happy with both deals.  But, as with any free agent, time will tell.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Ravens made two splashes today, signing Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram.  Always exciting to see your team go after big names, and I think both will help. 

Thomas' deal is for 4 years/$55m.  $32m is guaranteed and $22m of that comes in the first nine months.  I don't hate that structure, the frontloading lets the Ravens cut him when he undoubtedly falls off a cliff and is no longer worth the money.  He also fills the need left by Weddle's cutting and helps address the fact that OBJ just came into the division.

Ingram's deal is for 3 years/$15m.  That's decently reasonable for a good running back, especially when the running game is going to be a huge part of the offense.

Happy with both deals.  But, as with any free agent, time will tell.

Since he's off the board the Browns may sign Eric Berry. Suggs is in Arizona so I'm happy he's gone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The national media darling feel good group hug for the Browns will be annoying. You guys don't understand the danger we're on the cusp of. Not that the fans won't deserve it and haven't been through a mountain of s***, but you see, Browns fans are just Steelers fans who haven't experienced winning. When they finally do? oh boy look out. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The national media darling feel good group hug for the Browns will be annoying. You guys don't understand the danger we're on the cusp of. Not that the fans won't deserve it and haven't been through a mountain of s***, but you see, Browns fans are just Steelers fans who haven't experienced winning. When they finally do? oh boy look out. 

I agree with all of this and I am a Browns fan. With the Cavs and Indians in decline it seems like everyone is all in on the Browns. I think most don't seem to understand that adding one guy is going to take you from 7 wins to a Super Bowl. I think finally having a good QB is a start, but what if he gets hurt? What if he has a bad year? A lot can go wrong and if/when it does there will be riots in the street.

On the other hand, living in NW PA I've been waiting for the day that the Steelers are garbage. I've listened to those people talk trash and run their mouths my entire life. I sure hope their run is over. 

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

All fans are Steelers/Boston fans that haven’t experienced winning

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Browns fans also have a lot of "fans" who've checked out over the years that will be back. And they'll be the most annoying. What will be funny is all the northeast Ohio steelers fans and what they'll do if the browns are playing for Super Bowls and the steelers are in qb purgatory. They were basically the Niners or cowboys fans of the 80s and 90s. They'll jump and also be the most annoying group of fans. 

As for improving from 7 wins. Did you watch the season? Hue was the problem for the first part of the season. Bad game plan decisions. We started tyrod and were 7-7 under Baker. We were in a lot of close games early in the season and screwed them away. Steelers, saints, raiders, bucs, etc. Those were games we had and let slip away. 

With obj, and Kitchens offensive scheming and go for the throat type method, we're not going to be sitting on single digit leads anymore. Yeah, we might have a Houston or Baltimore type game where Baker just tries to force things and let things snowball. But with obj opposite Landry, do we really see defenses being able to jump routes and take away receivers? If so, run it down their throats with Duke and Chubb and whenever he's available, he who I won't name. 

Why is “checking out” on a totally inept team that has been completely impotent for 20 years a bad thing? On the contrary, I’d question the sanity of anyone that spent 00s of $ to see that team play. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Great point.  A friend invited us to the Broncos-Browns game in December at Mile High, and we went as a neutral fans.  Great experience, but it was my first up-close time with Browns fans... and what a pack of d#cks they are.  Starting fights in the concourse, the stupid dog barking, the low-class yelling at the vendors and getting a kick out of being a bad visiting fan base.  I used to pity those pricks because I didn't know any better.  Now I know and I hope Baker and Odell's egos clash and send them back to the basement. They deserve it. #woof

newsig.jpg

Yeah that’s totally different than other football fans. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

No kidding. 

I think the Warriors made only one playoff appearance between 1994-2012 over in the NBA, and that one playoff appearance was as a (very beloved and enjoyable) #8 seed.

Now they're the most insufferable team in the league and have been for years.

That's how it goes. You can either be a beloved (or, at least, sympathethic) underdog, or you can be a massively successful team. You can't be both. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah that’s totally different than other football fans. 

That's easy to say, but they really are different than, like, Colts or Vikings fans. I can't articulate it. 

19 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

No it really is different. Please trust me. Steelers fans are the worst people alive. Browns fans are the same thing, but they don't have the last 50 years to :censored: around about. 

We're about to see a dormant volcano of annoying go off and you guys have no idea what you're in for. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The only universally lovable fanbase was Leicester City from a few years ago.

That's the list.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived