2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jn8 said:

sCvZYy2.jpg

And Nick Bosa is (probably) the hands down best player in the draft, what’s wrong with that?

He's pretty openly racist and homophobic.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 minute ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Never said he was a bad player. I just think he's a scummy human being.

1 minute ago, Lafarge said:

He's pretty openly racist and homophobic.

Never seen any of that 🤷‍♂️

I'd eat my left shoe if Bosa turns out to be the best player in this draft. He's gonna be solid, but he's basically another Ryan Kerrigan. 

But the Giants man... LOL. What on Earth are they doing?! 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Daniel Jones seems like such an appeasement pick. 

"Hey we might as well get a QB with a pick this high, Oh but make sure he isn't too good, can't have Eli feeling threatened." 

Cardinals grabbing Murray shows that they completely wasted a 1st round pick they traded up for. We've also seen before how having 2 young QBs competing against each other almost inevitably leads to disaster.  

Josh Allen is a great pick to Replace Fowler for The Jags

Quinnen Williamscould end up being a beast for The Jets. 

The More I hear about N'keal Harry, the more I'm loving the pick. Big guy, fantastic hands, lot of upside with low risk, Not the fastest (but neither was Gronk). smart move by Belichick to get a jump on the WR trade since Round 2 & 3 will seem to be a frenzy for them. 

Cannot believe Dwayne Haskins fell to the Redskins at 15. Went to bed shortly after and woke up seeing the Redskins traded up into the 1st Round to grab Montez Sweat at 26. From what I’ve heard and read, he seems to be pretty problematic with off field issues, but then again Dan Snyder has a huge tendency to uhh... Foster those kind of things in players. 

Okay... so Seattle some moving around, landed at 29 and took a defensive end.

That's nice and all... the guy I wished they would of taken (Montez Sweat) was already taken by Washington, so I guess the market for edge rushers was weaker then I thought. Sounds like he's good against the run, which is a great thing (Despite how good the defense was last year, they did allow nearly 5 yards a run last year).

The best part? More picks.

11 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Wait, what? The NFL draft is TONIGHT?! 

I seriously saw @McCarthy post something on Twitter about sports tonight and he added a quip about “nothing happening in the NFL tonight” and thought absolutely nothing of it other than thinking it was a bit strange for mid April. 

Has coverage dropped off that much or am I just living under a rock? 

every football season sets a new personal record for me for the amount I don't care about football. I have friends who follow this draft stuff all year and draft day is like their Christmas. That was me in 2007ish. There was a Stanley Cup playoff game last night that I was very focused on so I didn't watch one second of the draft, but even if that game wasn't happening I'd probably be watching like HGTV or Netflix. I forgot the draft was happening until I saw something about it yesterday morning. 

That's what happens when you avoid The Worldwide Leader altogether. I watch MLB Network and NBCSN. I couldn't tell you what's happening in the NBA playoffs and I totally forgot about football. 

And I see here that the Bengals drafted a lineman, which is like getting underwear for Christmas. You need it and a good pair is important, but it's not exciting. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Josh Rosen may be backing up Ryan "I have played for a quarter of the league" Fitzpatrick in Miami:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/26/dolphins-cardinals-closing-in-on-a-deal-for-josh-rosen/

The Cardinals have two quarterbacks. And since, apparently, when a team has two quarterbacks it has none, the Cardinals are intent on getting rid of one.

Per multiple sources, the Cardinals and Dolphins are closing in on a deal that would send Josh Rosen, the 10th pick in the 2018 draft, from Arizona to Miami. The Cardinals would get the 48th pick in the 2019 draft.

While the Cardinals want more — and the Dolphins want to give up less — current indications are that the deal may already be done, tentatively. As one source put it, there’s a chance an agreement unofficially has been reached, and that it would be finalized once Miami’s pick is on the clock.

That’s the smart play for Arizona, which predictably will deny that a deal is tentatively done or close to being done. If teams drafting at No. 49 and below know that Arizona has pick No. 48, they can attempt to predict which player Arizona is targeting, and they can explore jumping the line.

All that said, none of these deals are done until they’re done. And until the final trade terms officially are communicated to the league by both teams, the deal is not done.

Whatever, fine. I really don't like Rosen due to his character issues and I think he'll be a total cancer to the locker room, but I still think he deserves a shot to lead somewhere else after whats happened to him.

The 2020 draft means less to me now.

4 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Whatever, fine. I really don't like Rosen due to his character issues and I think he'll be a total cancer to the locker room, but I still think he deserves a shot to lead somewhere else after whats happened to him.

Don't Josh Rosen's character issues basically amount to him not liking the President, thinking the idea of "student"-athletes is broken, and believing in himself?  Oh no, he criticized UCLA for signing a $280 million apparel deal while holding the stance that the athletes shouldn't be paid... what a cancer!

IUe6Hvh.png

9 minutes ago, See Red said:

Don't Josh Rosen's character issues basically amount to him not liking the President, thinking the idea of "student"-athletes is broken, and believing in himself?  Oh no, he criticized UCLA for signing a $280 million apparel deal while holding the stance that the athletes shouldn't be paid... what a cancer!

That’s why I really wanted him to succeed - I don’t follow College FB a lot but it certainly seemed like if there were high-profile incidents/character issues with a top QB prospect we would’ve known about it. Hopefully he does well and burns another part of the old, crusty NFL down. 

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. When has he ever been considered a locker room cancer?

I was never big on Rosen, personally felt like he was very overhyped going into the draft and was never amazed by his college play, but if I’m remembering right, there was a slight concern with him being lazy going into last year’s draft, something about how he’s from a rich family and always got everything handed to him and not wanting to put in the effort to earn an NFL spot. I never really saw anything that showed that last year or any real reason to call him a locker room cancer, though

I'm surprised at this animosity towards Rosen. 

Didn't really have much opinion of him either way, but I think it's shame that he hasn't gotten a chance to really prove himself. 

Cardinals move up to take him, then dump his ass for the shiny new toy because he can't do anything with the worst team in the league (and a new HC). 

I actually hope he turns out better than Murray.  

Archived