2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Don't Josh Rosen's character issues basically amount to him not liking the President, thinking the idea of "student"-athletes is broken, and believing in himself?  Oh no, he criticized UCLA for signing a $280 million apparel deal while holding the stance that the athletes shouldn't be paid... what a cancer!

52 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. When has he ever been considered a locker room cancer?

Maybe calling him a "cancer" is a bit much. I just don't like his attitude; it's really arrogant.

But he's our QB now, and it still bothers me that Arizona drafted another QB after just taking him the year before, so I'm not rooting against him.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Woah, what was that? Did you two double post at the same time? I just got "3 new replies" twice and it was a repeat.

EDIT: Nvm... I guess it was just me?

The board has been messed up for a couple of days.  Ill be reading a thread and then the "13 new posts... go to first" thing pops up on the bottom, but there's nothing new.  Also, Phomerin (sp?)s posts are all jacked up.  Probably others.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Hope Rosen wins five straight rings in Miami. Hell, I just hope he wins one. I want Goodell to cry while handing him the Lombardi.

What did I miss?  Why does Goodell have issue?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are the AZ Cardinals run by the second-biggest idiot GM in sports?

You trade a guy who's one-year removed from being the 10 pick, for the 68th pick?  I've never seen Rosen play, but I can't imagine that he's fallen that much in one year.

How do you allow all your leverage to disappear?  You don't think you could have gotten a better package from the Giants pre-draft?  That idiot might have given them 10 first-round picks.  They couldn't have gotten a better deal from anyone pre draft?

The move now would have been to keep Rosen through training camp, just waiting for some team's QB to go down and to make a ridiculously-stupid trade like the LOL Vikings (AKA Nick Foles' bitches) did by giving the Eagles a first-rounder for Sam Freaking Bradford.

EDIT: Admins, the board seems to be legit messed up - I just got a thing saying "5 new posts", and then the previous 5 posts were DPd (lol) right below this one.  Seems like I'm not the only one that's been experiencing this for at least since yesterday.

EDIT2:  Literally just happened again while typing. I'm seeing 10 dup posts now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You trade a guy who's one-year removed from being the 10 done, for the 68th pick?  I've never seen Rosen play, but I can't imagine that he's fallen that much in one year.

How do you allow all your leverage to disappear?  You don't think you could have gotten a better package from the Giants pre-draft?  That idiot might have given them 10 first-round picks.  They couldn't have gotten a better deal from anyone pre draft?

The move now would have been to keep Rosen through training camp, just waiting for some team's QB to go down and to make a ridiculously-stupid trade like the LOL Vikings (AKA Nick Foles' bitches) did by giving the Eagles a first-rounder for Sam Freaking Bradford.

EDIT: Admins, the board seems to be legit messed up - I just got a thing saying "5 new posts", and then the previous 5 posts were DPd (lol) right below this one.  Seems like I'm not the only one that's been experiencing this for at least since yesterday.

EDIT2:  Literally just happened again while typing. I'm seeing 10 dup posts now.

You need to look at all what Steve Keim has done with the Cardinals in the last 18 months alone.  Jason LaCanfora wrote about the Keim Top Ten yesterday.

Here are a few:

Go through a long and winding and drawn out coaching search to land on Steve Wilks, eventually, who was raw and unproven, and whose defensive scheme ran counter to what the only real talent on an overall poor roster did best on that side of the ball, and then put together a makeshift, underwhelming staff around the rookie HC.

Trade up for Rosen, with seemingly no conviction, simply because he was the fourth of the "big four" first-round QBs still on the board at pick 10 (which Oakland had been shopping for weeks) a year ago after Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen had already been picked. Oh, and doing all of this after already wasting about $20M on quasi-QBs Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon in free agency.

Get yourself arrested for extreme DUI and have the rookie head coach and QB go through their first training camp while the guy who picked them is suspended.

Have to play Rosen way before anyone there hoped, because Bradford was Bradford and Glennon was Glennon (duh), oh, and have him do it while making an offensive coordinator change in October, with the second guy having never called plays before!

13 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Maybe calling him a "cancer" is a bit much. I just don't like his attitude; it's really arrogant.

But he's our QB now, and it still bothers me that Arizona drafted another QB after just taking him the year before, so I'm not rooting against him.

Pretty much begging a team not to sign you does fit the arrogance piece, but people calling a guy out for dropping his current, immediately afterwards ex, team is just stupid. 

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You trade a guy who's one-year removed from being the 10 pick, for the 68th pick?  I've never seen Rosen play, but I can't imagine that he's fallen that much in one year.

He ended up getting swapped out at 68 because the rest of the league weren't going to rush to get Rosen when they could wait the Cardinals out. Had Arizona moved him prior to the draft they may have done even worse or better depending on who was willing to work with them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

"How hard was it being a Browns fan in 2017, dad"?

"It was so bad we got free beer when we won the first game in 2018".

Hopefully the HoF snags one of these to go next to it:

why_is_daddy_sad_on_sunday_front_cover_c

Tyreek Hill saga twists again.

A forensic expert apparently went over the text messages sent between Hill and his fiancee and it looks like SHE might've actually hurt their son, not him. This is why I shouldn't rush to judgment based on recordings. 

And, if it turns out he didn't do it? It'll justify trust in sports media being at an all-time low. Reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse case the more I think about it.

And if I'm Hill and it turns out I'm innocent? I'm going to see about going after these outlets for defamation. 

4 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Tyreek Hill saga twists again.

A forensic expert apparently went over the text messages sent between Hill and his fiancee and it looks like SHE might've actually hurt their son, not him. This is why I shouldn't rush to judgment based on recordings. 

And, if it turns out he didn't do it? It'll justify trust in sports media being at an all-time low. Reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse case the more I think about it.

And if I'm Hill and it turns out I'm innocent? I'm going to see about going after these outlets for defamation. 

That article says nothing to me other than a lawyer doing what he’s paid to do which is try to get out in front of the controversy by denying it. Even if she spanked her child that is nothing compared to what hill is being accused of and did not deny in the recordings. It could have been an accident, but it also could have been an accident caused by abusive behavior that he has a history of. 

22 hours ago, dont care said:

That article says nothing to me other than a lawyer doing what he’s paid to do which is try to get out in front of the controversy by denying it. Even if she spanked her child that is nothing compared to what hill is being accused of and did not deny in the recordings. It could have been an accident, but it also could have been an accident caused by abusive behavior that he has a history of. 

Yeah, I mean, dude admitted in the recording that he punches his preschool-aged kid in the chest to make him stop crying. He needs a few dozen parenting classes at the absolute least.

EDIT: having read the article about the lawyer's statement...Hill claims that what his fiancée calls a "punch" (and he doesn't try to correct her on the recording) is more akin to a love-tap. So...parenting classes and vocabulary lessons?

21 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, I mean, dude admitted in the recording that he punches his preschool-aged kid in the chest to make him stop crying. He needs a few dozen parenting classes at the absolute least.

EDIT: having read the article about the lawyer's statement...Hill claims that what his fiancée calls a "punch" (and he doesn't try to correct her on the recording) is more akin to a love-tap. So...parenting classes and vocabulary lessons?

I will never understand this. “My child is crying, so I’m going to hurt them more, that will get them to stop”

ExJworW.png

On 5/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, GDAWG said:

The Bears have 8 kickers at this weekend's rookie minicamp, one of them with the last name Blewitt. 

I know some people with that last name. Great people, too. Wouldn't want that to be my kicker's name, though.

Archived