NHL Announces Hosts for 2020 All-Star and Outdoor Games

NHL Announces Hosts for 2020 All-Star and Outdoor Games

January 1, 2019 - 20:53 PM

The National Hockey League today announced the host cities and details for all four of their jewel events during the 2019-20 season during the second intermission of the 2019 Winter Classic.   2019 Heritage Classic First up is the return […]

Read More...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m expecting the Heritage Classic uniforms will just be an inversion of that graphic. Calgary in white versions of their throwbacks, and Winnipeg in blue WHA jerseys. 

Although I saw someone online make a joke that the Jets could troll the Regina fans by going with something Blue Bomber-inspired. 

12 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Well, now that the 2020 site has been determined, how long do we have to wait for the announcement that the Stars’ opponent will be the Chicago Blackhawks?

Apparently the Stars insisted otherwise and it was actually announced Chicago will absolutely NOT be the opponent.

My uniform related wish, as a Stars fan that will be attending, is some victory green and gold fauxbacks. No black.

19 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

Source please?

Regardless, the NHL would never have the same team play two years in a row.

Because everyone hates Chicago? 🤷‍♂️

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I find it funny, people give them crap for the Blackhawks seemingly playing in the WC all the time, but theyve been in 4 WC's but Boston has been in 3.

I guess if you add their 2 Stadium Series matches, the Blackhawks have played outdoors in 6 of the 11 years outdoor games were played.

11 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Apparently the Stars insisted otherwise and it was actually announced Chicago will absolutely NOT be the opponent.

My uniform related wish, as a Stars fan that will be attending, is some victory green and gold fauxbacks. No black.

1978 like? 
NorthStars09.png

zyyMk1d.png

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

I find it funny, people give them crap for the Blackhawks seemingly playing in the WC all the time, but theyve been in 4 WC's but Boston has been in 3.

I guess if you add their 2 Stadium Series matches, the Blackhawks have played outdoors in 6 of the 11 years outdoor games were played.

Penguins will be one outdoor game behind the Blackhawks by the end of the season. Theirs have been more spread out though; the Chicago fatigue I think popped up because it's been nearly every year since 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_outdoor_games#Outdoor_games_by_team

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

No one remembers the Foxborough game because nothing was controversial and nothing went wrong. The Hawks get dinged extra-hard for the DC game because the event itself was kind of sloppy so everyone was in a bad mood from that, and they weren't an intuitive choice to meet the Capitals (though a more intuitive choice like the Penguins, Rangers, or Flyers would have made everyone mad too, that's just the way this goes). And they get unfondly remembered for the St. Louis game because Bobby Hull was there for the Hawks and his son, and Hull is a wife-beating Jew-hater, and the Patrick Kane Rape Truthers were still in high dudgeon over the league having the gall to feature the Blackhawks at such a sensitive time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

1978 like? 
NorthStars09.png

very-yes.

they say they want it to be a celebration of dallas sports, and dallas history. so as much as i love the North Stars aesthetic, i'd be totally fine with fauxbacks based on this set, with some kind of D-star fauxback logo, or a Dallas Texans logo with STARS replacing TEXANS. or even the 90s logo. but that green and gold aesthetic is gorgeous and would look great in the cotton bowl, imo.

as far as opponent, my first choices are the sharks, sabres, or oilers. i really don't want it to be the Wild. The Wild specifically asked for Dallas not to be at their outdoor game, so I don't want to give them the invite... but also, I don't want to read a year of arguments about which team should wear North Stars jerseys or anything remotely approaching that debate. Our Cup was a contested headache. I dont want our Winter Classic to be one too.

Let's just celebrate the Stars and the city of Dallas in peace for once.

Just now, ColeJ said:

they say they want it to be a celebration of dallas sports, and dallas history.

Then lay off the Minnesota North Stars' history and celebrate your own

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

Then lay off the Minnesota North Stars' history and celebrate your own

I feel you're upset that I want the Stars to acknowledge their franchise history, and the gorgeous uniforms they wore before Dallas..... because it contradicts a one-liner about what the franchise has said they want to do with the game.

I expect we'll probably wear something based on the black relocation-set.... which is celebrating both the Minnesota North Stars' history AND "my own."

i mean, it sucks that the stars had to move... but they did... and i love every aspect of the team and it's history, and don't want to defend that again. green and gold looks great, and the stars have a history of utilizing it. not sure why people have to get defensive (actually OFFENSIVE...) about it.

No relocations should be permitted after leagues merge with their competitors and hold antitrust exemptions, but that's for another day.

Anyway, the choice is obvious, the star sweater from the 1999 Stanley Cup Final and several years of strong teams thereafter. That's the pinnacle of Dallas hockey, and has to be celebrated accordingly. It's going to turn up in the B-roll footage of the inevitable gauzy feature on How Texas Has Really Taken To Producing Hockey Players Y'Know with every punchable-face punk bitch (Carter? Tucker? Decker?) with a three-car garage who couldn't hack it in football and was too short for basketball. As for who they play, I mean, probably the Sabres and their notoriously loyal television audience for further 1999 nostalgia? Maybe just the goddamn Rangers?

well then.....

i'll just pick the uniform related part of that rant and say i hope it isn't the 1999 sweaters.

they're too modern and just not that aesthetically pleasing. i'd rather victory green and gold faux backs, or the 1993 black sweater.

Archived