NHL Announces Hosts for 2020 All-Star and Outdoor Games

To be honest, I’ve never been that big a fan of the old D-Texans sweater. If the Stars do decide to go Texans fauxback, I’d personally prefer this with green and “STARS” (white socks though):

HowMorJr.jpg

GDZ433OPERE2BEDQDL62ZCND6E

That all said, if I were calling the shots I probably wouldn’t go the Texans route at all. I’d either go ‘93 throwback or something totally different. Seeing as it’s in the Cotton Bowl, something vintage-y and old school but still all its own thing could turn out really nice.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Nashville should host. 

I feel like Nashville can only host at Vanderbilt for a WC...the NHL needs about 2 weeks in and around New Years Day to setup and take down.  New Years Day always sits close to Wild Card Weekend, so the Titans might take priority and block out potential outside events.  Unless for some reason January 1st falls on the last weekend of NFL regular season and that could then make it work.

Stadium Series on the other hand can go to Nissan stadium in February after football season.

For the same reasons as Nashville, I feel like Tampa Bay would host the WC at Tropicana Field if awarded.  Would actually have historical precedence since the Lightning played at the Trop (then Thunderdome) for a few seasons in the 90s.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Avs-Red Wings seems more apropos than the Kings. 

Ehhhh ... I don't think it's much of a rivalry any more.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Stars will be hosting the Predators at the Cotton Bowl January 1st.

It's almost as if they saw that the ratings improved this year with two big-market teams and decided "Nah, we're not going to do that again."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Please make this happen. Fauxbacks would be stupid for this. Besides, it's been 20 YEARS already. 😭

Predators02.pngStars04.png

Oh, and this, please. 

1754115-mike-dunham-looks-on.jpg.jpg&c=s

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

4 hours ago, Wings said:

Avs-Red Wings seems more apropos than the Kings. 

It's been done before. Don't you remember 2016 Red Wings vs Avalanche at Mile High Stadium? I really doubt four years later, the NHL will match the same two teams against each other in the same region.

Both teams could do some interesting things uniform-wise, and that’s about all I really get excited for in these games anymore. Glad to see new teams get in on the action. 

@nash61, that’s a classic mask to be sure.  Couldn’t find a good picture of my all-time Predator favorite, Brian Finley’s full head movie Predator design. Dunham’s is a close second to me and a better use of actual team imagery. Think I would have to pick Turco’s gargoyle guardians as the most iconic Stars one, or at least the one that popped to memory first. 

19 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Stars will be hosting the Predators at the Cotton Bowl January 1st.

19 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Avs will host the Kings at the Air Force Academy as well...

No Chicago? But...but why? How? There is no outdoor games without Blackhawks. I'm so sad right now. :(

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, twi said:

Both teams could do some interesting things uniform-wise, and that’s about all I really get excited for in these games anymore. Glad to see new teams get in on the action. 

@nash61, that’s a classic mask to be sure.  Couldn’t find a good picture of my all-time Predator favorite, Brian Finley’s full head movie Predator design. Dunham’s is a close second to me and a better use of actual team imagery. Think I would have to pick Turco’s gargoyle guardians as the most iconic Stars one, or at least the one that popped to memory first. 

Eddie's gold mask pops up for me.

14 hours ago, nash61 said:

Please make this happen. Fauxbacks would be stupid for this. Besides, it's been 20 YEARS already. 😭

Predators02.pngStars04.png

Oh, and this, please. 

Those Star jerseys are awesome, but I kinda want to see them go with the original set.

Stars01.png

Archived