Point1's NHL Jersey Redesign (Part 4/4: Metropolitan Division)

Point1

Happy New Years folks. This is a very quick NHL jersey series to start off 2019, very straightforward. I've made my ideal NHL, which means a lot of teams have new looks while some stay the same. Instead of the traditional "starting with the Anaheim Ducks and going alphabetical" route, this one will go division by division presenting the uniforms together as a whole. One thing I always find too bad about the team by team format is you lose the beauty of every teams' uniforms and colours together and the unity of the league. It also makes it way more possible for me to actually get to every team and jersey instead of stopping at Buffalo or Calgary like so many attempted series. I tried this format with the QMJHL this summer and really liked it. Some people critiqued it for not including things like jersey numbers, which I understand, but considering my time constraints I would rather put out a full league than stay on hold for months.

First thing's first: Here's what my NHL looks like. 

mmRVZWm.png

I'll be starting with the Central Division.

1/4: Central Division

The Central Division is my favourite division from an aesthetic perspective; bright colours, no one shares a primary shade, and they look great together, Almost every matchup in this division looks great. As a result, I didn't mess too hard with a lot of the looks. However, I did make small changes to each team. The Blackhawks got back the gold outline around the logo, which I've always been very fond of. I love the new Avs jerseys but I think the logo looks really out of place on it; I got rid of the xtreme canted oval, added a stronger silver outline, and simplified the lines on the puck. Dallas' logo also got a simplification just to get rid of the beveling. I returned Minnesota to its more classic looking design. Nashville's white trim got a bit stronger and the logo is now single-outlined in white. St Louis ditched the random thin line between the yellow and gold stripes. Finally, Winnipeg got a total refresh using a previous logo design I made and a more red-focused jersey.

jVBFhss.jpg

As always, C&C appreciated. Pacific division coming soon.

36 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

The Wild head is crooked.

Comes directly from the site so I'm gonna blame Chris Creamer on that count.

Also the teams are in their current division, so Arizona will be in the Pacific group tomorrow morning.

On that happy note, here's the next division.

2/4: Pacific Division

Finishing up the Western Conference is the Pacific. I think this division also has a lot of visual flair and variety, and the changes I made were meant to accentuate that. To me the Anaheim Mighty Ducks colours are so iconic and sharp that there was no point messing around with orange and black. I think the Coyotes also deserve the personality of the Kachina stripes on a more modern jersey than the muddled dark throwback; I also used an updated and simplified logo. Calgary and Edmonton are very straight forward, simple, bold, and classic. Los Angeles and San Jose similarly receive throwbacks to my favourite of their eras.With the Canucks after a long time messing around with the stick-in-the rink and Johnny Canuck logos I actually decided I liked the orca best - however, I did mess with the logo a lot to modernize it a bit, meaning the lines are a bit simplified and the ice shards have been removed. Finally, Vegas did a nice job on their jerseys but I still don't like those red stripes. I also made the gold a richer colour.

uV1b1Sw.png

I appreciate the logo cleanups and sleeve patches for SJ and VAN.

AZ looks good but could use hem striping, IMO. As a bright-colored team, NSH could use another element.

Though I prefer their current look, your take on the Jets is pretty interesting.

Vegas without red is the most gorgeous thing I'll see today. Thanks for it.

Looks like you have one white pixel around the Oilers logo below and left.

When I look to your Jets concept, I feel it too much american, not sure why.

San Jose Shoulder Patch is a beauty.

I don't like Kings. But that's not a bad thing, since I really don't like kings identity in any moment of the franchise existence.

Otherwise than it, you have a very solid work here. Calgary and Saint Louis are pure magic.

Some great looks so far. Only tweaks I would suggest are keeping the current color scheme for Winnipeg, while also including red and to add a hem stripe to the Coyotes. 

Also, are we going to see away and alternate jerseys?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Some great looks so far. Only tweaks I would suggest are keeping the current color scheme for Winnipeg, while also including red and to add a hem stripe to the Coyotes. 

Also, are we going to see away and alternate jerseys?

Most likely in the spring unfortunately. I always do these when I visit home from school; I finished up the league before I flew back out today and will be revisiting things next time I'm home.

3/4: Atlantic Division

The Atlantic Division is... Well, a lot of blue and red. I tried to make some changes to shake things up a little bit. For Boston, I returned to the Bobby Orr jerseys but with the current logo. The Sabres go back to Royal blue with a design based on their Winter Classic sweaters and a logo without the ring around the Bison or Sabres. The Wings are the Wings. Florida embraces their 90s beauty using the updated Panthers logo.The Have brighten up a bit and get a white hem. The Sens find a happy middle between vintage and modern. The Leafs ditch the weird single hem stripe and get shoulder logos. Finally, the Lightning get some uniqueness again, going to Navy and adding the only white shoulders in the league.

HJ23kfmh.jpg

On 1/3/2019 at 11:56 AM, Point1 said:

3/4: Atlantic Division

The Atlantic Division is... Well, a lot of blue and red. I tried to make some changes to shake things up a little bit. For Boston, I returned to the Bobby Orr jerseys but with the current logo. The Sabres go back to Royal blue with a design based on their Winter Classic sweaters and a logo without the ring around the Bison or Sabres. The Wings are the Wings. Florida embraces their 90s beauty using the updated Panthers logo.The Have brighten up a bit and get a white hem. The Sens find a happy middle between vintage and modern. The Leafs ditch the weird single hem stripe and get shoulder logos. Finally, the Lightning get some uniqueness again, going to Navy and adding the only white shoulders in the league.

HJ23kfmh.jpg

Way better template

On 1/2/2019 at 4:32 AM, Point1 said:

On that happy note, here's the next division.

2/4: Pacific Division

Finishing up the Western Conference is the Pacific. I think this division also has a lot of visual flair and variety, and the changes I made were meant to accentuate that. To me the Anaheim Mighty Ducks colours are so iconic and sharp that there was no point messing around with orange and black. I think the Coyotes also deserve the personality of the Kachina stripes on a more modern jersey than the muddled dark throwback; I also used an updated and simplified logo. Calgary and Edmonton are very straight forward, simple, bold, and classic. Los Angeles and San Jose similarly receive throwbacks to my favourite of their eras.With the Canucks after a long time messing around with the stick-in-the rink and Johnny Canuck logos I actually decided I liked the orca best - however, I did mess with the logo a lot to modernize it a bit, meaning the lines are a bit simplified and the ice shards have been removed. Finally, Vegas did a nice job on their jerseys but I still don't like those red stripes. I also made the gold a richer colour.

uV1b1Sw.png

Uuuuh Seattle?

Archived