College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MattMill said:

I like this look

spacer.png

White/white should never have been shown as an option. 

Of all the options shown, sometimes less is more  

The matte helmet shells look so dull compared to the fabrics in this set.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/13/2019 at 8:05 AM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Michigan State Makes Statement With Neon Green-Accented Alternate Uniform

April 13, 2019 - 15:00 PM

As we first reported on Friday, Michigan State unveiled a neon green-accented alternate uniform ahead of its annual Spring Game on Saturday morning. The uniform — which will be worn during a night game this fall, presumably the matchup with […]

Read More...

The Neon Gods giveth and taketh away (Baylor MBB)

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, BearW17hNoName said:

What's unfortunate about this Baylor set is that it can't easily be mix and matched due to the absence of stripes. Theres no white anywhere on the green and gold uniform pieces, and no gold on the white.

spacer.png

If they added the stripe pattern that Missouri just rolled out and placed it on the pants and helmets this combo would look great.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, Maroon said:

Funny thing about schools seals in Missouri is that about half of the public school seals in the state are actually just the state seal or a variation of the state seal. Mizzou's is clearly different, but three of the quadrants of the shield match the Missouri seal. Missouri State University, Truman State, Northwest Missouri State, and University of Central Missouri just copy the state seal entirely with only minor variations, and have been that way since they were founded as normal schools. The exceptions are Southwest Missouri State (I don't know why they're different from the other historically normal schools), the two HBCUs Lincoln and Harris-Stowe, and two institutions that began as junior colleges and later became universities, Missouri Southern State and Missouri Western State.

Seal for the State of Missouri:

mo-seal.gif

Mizzou:

180px-University_of_Missouri_seal.svg.pn

Seriously...is there any other state whose schools cover all the cardinal directions the way Missouri does? And that's not even all of them!

On another note, now that I've gotten a closer look at West Virginia's numbers...I see the telltale familiar Nike "things" going on...look very closely at the inside counters on the 8, particularly the upper left--notice anything?

dqx4jrOQ_o.jpg

Look closer...

uOpPNUvD_o.jpg

See it?? Familiar Nike "trademark" cue.

And since we're still on these numbers, from a distance the set as a whole definitely looks better than what it replaced, but yet and still the Swoosh found a way to stick a headscratcher in the mix--what up with that "3", though??

8hwbc5v6_o.jpg

But I guess that's nitpicking at this point...FWIW I still believe the Steve Slaton/Pat White/Owen Schmitt era uniforms @Chawls posted are the best WV's looked this far. That look was signature to them.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, Buc said:

Seriously...is there any other state whose schools cover all the cardinal directions the way Missouri does? And that's not even all of them!

I have no idea about other states, but the root of that history is in two parts: The first is that the initial idea for Missouri colleges was the University of Missouri would be the sole statewide institution and flagship educational establishment in the state, and then there would be regional "normal schools" to train teachers. Those normal schools, as they got larger, obviously grew to do more than just train teachers and they became the regional college. The second part is that Mizzou has a stranglehold on the state legislature, so for the most part they have their way in keeping those institutions regional rather than growing their footprint - the only exception being Missouri State University (formerly Southwest Missouri State, and before that Normal School #4). But even then, state statute prohibits any public institution apart from Mizzou to offer PhDs or professional doctorates like law, medical, or dentistry school.

So the normal schools became Northwest Missouri State, Southeast Missouri State, University of Central Missouri, and Truman State University (but was called Northeast Missouri State before that). Missouri Southern State and Missouri Western State were junior colleges that got big enough to offer four year degrees. The funny thing is that Missouri Southern is in the extreme Southwest of Missouri only an hour west from Missouri State, and Missouri Western is really in Northwest Missouri, only 45 minutes south of Northwest Missouri State. To add to the confusion, Central Missouri may be "central" going from North to South, but it's only an hour away from the Kansas boarder and is also in the western quadrant of the state. Makes sense, though, considering Mizzou is the state institution that's actually smack dab in the middle of the state, so might as well have somebody else as "Central" Missouri.

But then again, when has Missouri been good at geography? After all, Mizzou joined the SOUTHEASTERN Conference even though we're a Midwestern state, and is bizarrely in the Eastern Division even though it's the second most western school in the SEC.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

1 hour ago, Maroon said:

I have no idea about other states, but the root of that history is in two parts: The first is that the initial idea for Missouri colleges was the University of Missouri would be the sole statewide institution and flagship educational establishment in the state, and then there would be regional "normal schools" to train teachers. Those normal schools, as they got larger, obviously grew to do more than just train teachers and they became the regional college. The second part is that Mizzou has a stranglehold on the state legislature, so for the most part they have their way in keeping those institutions regional rather than growing their footprint - the only exception being Missouri State University (formerly Southwest Missouri State, and before that Normal School #4). But even then, state statute prohibits any public institution apart from Mizzou to offer PhDs or professional doctorates like law, medical, or dentistry school.

So the normal schools became Northwest Missouri State, Southeast Missouri State, University of Central Missouri, and Truman State University (but was called Northeast Missouri State before that). Missouri Southern State and Missouri Western State were junior colleges that got big enough to offer four year degrees. The funny thing is that Missouri Southern is in the extreme Southwest of Missouri only an hour west from Missouri State, and Missouri Western is really in Northwest Missouri, only 45 minutes south of Northwest Missouri State. To add to the confusion, Central Missouri may be "central" going from North to South, but it's only an hour away from the Kansas boarder and is also in the western quadrant of the state. Makes sense, though, considering Mizzou is the state institution that's actually smack dab in the middle of the state, so might as well have somebody else as "Central" Missouri.

My head hurt after reading all that! Lol. But thanks for the explanation. That helps me understand some things.

But then again, when has Missouri been good at geography? After all, Mizzou joined the SOUTHEASTERN Conference even though we're a Midwestern state, and is bizarrely in the Eastern Division even though it's the second most western school in the SEC.

Yeah, sports geography can be so arbitrary at times... think of how long New Orleans, and later Carolina, spent in the NFC West, or how Indianapolis got pigeonholed into the AFC South, despite being two hours from and at more northerly latitude than Cincinnati.

But anyway--that's stuff for the reel line mint thread. 😆

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, Maroon said:

Well put!

sms.gif

2 hours ago, 1991 said:

Well put!

I have to admit, I started reading these boards a couple of weeks before joining and one thing that made me feel comfortable signing up was that I could see that a fellow Missouri State supporter was already on here. Glad to see Bears fans wherever I roam.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

On 4/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, BucksFan5 said:

Those are abhorrent. 

Seeing them in daylight is worse.

spacer.png

This bears repeating. 

They couldn't have made STATE an inch or shorter so that it's not cut off prematurely on both sides?

Biggest hack job I have seen in college football in many years. 

14 hours ago, MattMill said:

This bears repeating. 

They couldn't have made STATE an inch or shorter so that it's not cut off prematurely on both sides?

Biggest hack job I have seen in college football in many years. 

Certainly could have, but clearly didn’t want to. Would anybody be talking about this if the wordmarks weren’t seam-to-seam? I’d like to see how it’s translated across sizes. Is it only cut off on the small sizes, but it fits on the larger ones?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think I kinda like the gigantic STATE across the chest, sure it could be a couple inches smaller. I certainly would have made sure it didn’t get cut off by the arm holes anyway. If the uniform was just dark green and white, I think I might actually like it.

14 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Certainly could have, but clearly didn’t want to. Would anybody be talking about this if the wordmarks weren’t seam-to-seam? I’d like to see how it’s translated across sizes. Is it only cut off on the small sizes, but it fits on the larger ones?

If it doesn’t fit for some sizes but does others wouldn’t you consider that even more of a design flaw? It basically is creating inconsistency.

18 minutes ago, dont care said:

If it doesn’t fit for some sizes but does others wouldn’t you consider that even more of a design flaw? It basically is creating inconsistency.

It wasn't intended to fit within the constraints. It was made to make a statement. 

It's kind of like designing fascia/digital ribbon boards. It's often more effective to blow up words/logos then it is to fit an entire logo in a small area. 

20 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

It wasn't intended to fit within the constraints. It was made to make a statement. 

It's kind of like designing fascia/digital ribbon boards. It's often more effective to blow up words/logos then it is to fit an entire logo in a small area. 

But if it fits some jerseys, but not others that makes it inconsistent no? Thus making it a design flaw. I don’t care if it was designed to make a statement, I could make a statement too by taking a dump infront of the White House. I won’t though because it’s a bad idea, like this uniform was.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

But if it fits some jerseys, but not others that makes it inconsistent no? Thus making it a design flaw. I don’t care if it was designed to make a statement, I could make a statement too by taking a dump infront of the White House. I won’t though because it’s a bad idea, like this uniform was.

I don't disagree it's a bad uniform, but their goal wasn't to fit the wordmark on every jersey w/o getting cutoff. It was to absolutely blow up the wordmark while still keeping it legible. And even then, it appears they intentionally designed it to get cutoff on every single jersey.

No one has questioned what the wordmark says, if they did it would be an issue. But they weren't going for traditional. 

Like i mentioned earlier i don't really mind the giant wordmark. I see it more as a jersey design in the same way i see the broncos side stripes, or early 2000s miamis piping that went across the chest. The lime green is the really silly part to me. 

https://imgur.com/wrQSLuo
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/bPuLlpW"><a href="//imgur.com/bPuLlpW"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived