College Football 2019

29texan

4 hours ago, moosebean11 said:

Cincinnati will be getting new uniforms, unveiling likely this summer.

Hopefully with better striping. The numbers also don't look as good when they aren't italicized so they might as well change those too. However, I personally like it when college programs have a consistent and unified look.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, moosebean11 said:

Cincinnati will be getting new uniforms, unveiling likely this summer.

They actually have a nice set right now. I'd be willing to bet on striping being removed for another boring, trendy look.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

17 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

They actually have a nice set right now. I'd be willing to bet on striping being removed for another boring, trendy look.

That striping is bad.. boring is better than another overly-designed, reference-to-some-random-building-on-campus-that-I've-never-heard-of, trendy look..

I can't wait til that trend dies

28 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Under Armour seems to refit teams every 3 years so they were due. I wonder if Texas Tech will get new unis too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

After having time to go over the last few weeks of reveals, here are my thoughts:

Pitt: For the most part, I like the rebrand and the return to their previous color scheme. I really would've preferred they use a numeral font similar to the one found on their next-to-last set. A traditional block font is immensely better than what they went for. Also glad they didn't try any alternate uniforms.

Michigan STATE: If the Spartans want an alternate, why not just use a throwback or fauxback? This design is just offensive. There's too much of a clash with all that's going on, the oversized wordmark and numerals, lime wordmark and pants, it's just overwhelming and not good at all.

Baylor: I don't like it. Just another lifeless, stripped down "design" that screams practice uniforms, which unfortunately has been a trend with Nike. Sleeve, pant, and helmet stripes, plus outlined numerals would pick this set up by miles. In my head, I thought Baylor would be OK in yellow, but in actuality, I feel they should've kept the old gold; the omission of black uniform elements is an added plus.

West Virginia: Once again, I don't like this. Another strip down of any distinguishable features or design. Why not build off of the White/Slaton/Devine era look or even their coal-mining Pro Combat alternate? I don't really care for the number font, although it's better than the predecessor.

Oregon State: Solid design. Finally some striping, although it irks me that, at least in the photoshoot, the helmet striping only matches the away set; overall I think it's an upgrade over the previous set. Wordmark on the chest should have either been omitted or just "Beavers."

Missouri: Not sure what to make of the psuedo-retro push that they're making... I enjoy seeing the return of the helmet stripe, but be consistent and put them on all of the pants too. I'd be content if they left their jerseys as is however, with a few minor changes of course.

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

That striping is bad.. boring is better than another overly-designed, reference-to-some-random-building-on-campus-that-I've-never-heard-of, trendy look..

I can't wait til that trend dies

I feel like it was different in Cincinnati's case as the building was their stadium

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Since Oregon State only showed off the monochrome combos of their new set, here are some mockups of the non-mono combos:

spacer.png

If/when they unveil new white and orange helmets, then I’ll whip up some more mockups to include those. For now, though, all of these include the black helmet that they showed off with the unveiling of the new set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Since Oregon State only showed off the monochrome combos of their new set, here are some mockups of the non-mono combos:

spacer.png

If/when they unveil new white and orange helmets, then I’ll whip up some more mockups to include those. For now, though, all of these include the black helmet that they showed off with the unveiling of the new set.

Not crazy about the mismatch stripes on the these. It's the tough part of putting pant stripes on the shoulders.

21 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I feel like it was different in Cincinnati's case as the building was their stadium

Ehhhh.... Not exactly.. but kinda-ish..

In the official release, they clearly claim it represents "numerous campus buildings and structures"..

Then they specifically reference the Nippert Stadium Press Box, as well as referencing two different aspects of the Lindler Center..  

8616342.jpeg

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Slap the M or the Terrapin logo on the side and replace everything else. 

Of those options, I'd go with the M (minus the flag/banner underline). The Terrapin logo still uses the previous M logo. Not too late for Maryland to call an audible and switch replace the numbers with the M. I actually like the flag stripe.

Wonder if this means we'll see new unis in College Park too?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Kinda surprised the number is a basic block font and not the Terrapin font. Probably would look better in the custom font. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I think those are just catalog uniforms, there's no stripe on the collar or sleeve.

That's Georgia Tech's style though, at least with Russell. I don't think the NCAA would allow these though due to the lack of difference in colors on the numbers. 

2 hours ago, HuntTheJones said:

spacer.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

That's probably the best way to use the Maryland flag, making it a stripe. It's just too busy of a design to use as the entire helmet shell.

New coach is from Alabama so we may see a more subdued look going forward. I actually liked their regular hand painted helmets though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived