College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2019 at 9:30 PM, upperV03 said:

It’s not that far of a deviation from their classic grey/crimson/grey, so that’s probably a big reason why. I agree it does look pretty good, but still not nearly as good as the classic grey/crimson/grey does.

I am old enough that their classic is a silver helmet with 'COUGARS' in script. Silver/crimson/silver and Silver/white/crimson. Monocrome crimson for home Apple cup. But I do like the current anthracite stuff.   The flat grey is a little bland. 

I think Arizona’s wearing B/R/W today against Utah, based on the video they posted on Twitter. 

I hope that that’s just a red herring because that’s an awful combo. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I’m on the record as saying Minnesota’s most recent uniform change with the unnecessary addition of white to the home jerseys was a massive downgrade. Their last set was damn near perfection. That said, the current road uniforms have some absolutely gorgeous combinations, such as today:

The only change they should’ve made to their last set was changing to these helmets and road jerseys and they could’ve remained unchanged for eternity. 

Northwestern on the other hand... while I don’t hate their black uniforms, this matchup would be a lot better with them in purple/purple/white or white/purple/white

The addition of white isn't the problem with Minnesota's jerseys. PJ Fleck shoehorning his personal branding in at the expense of school tradition is the problem.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The addition of white isn't the problem with Minnesota's jerseys. PJ Fleck shoehorning his personal branding in at the expense of school tradition is the problem.

I’ll agree with PJ Fleck being a big problem with the uniforms, but in my opinion, the addition of white is a huge issue that we’ll just have to agree to disagree on. Athletic gold/yellow has enough contrast from the maroon that any white is completely unnecessary. Solid gold numbers and collars were ten times better than white

Watching the beautiful color vs. color USC/UCLA game... but the current UCLA jerseys look way more royal blue than light blue. And we still need the Clarendon font back. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

15 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Watching the beautiful color vs. color USC/UCLA game... but the current UCLA jerseys look way more royal blue than light blue. And we still need the Clarendon font back. 

Yeah, they were basically splitting the difference between football's powder blue and basketball's royal blue.  And got something closer to the Lions' blue.

Watching the ND game, the throwbacks are looking nice.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

35 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Yeah if you watch the old USC/UCLA games from decades ago, those old teams of the 80s and 90s definitely wore a lighter blue. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, WSU151 said:

Lakers and Warriors wear a bright yellow. 

Arizona St

Cal

Baylor

Iowa

Minnesota

Michigan

LSU

Iowa St

Mizzou

UCLA (non football)

Pitt

West Virginia

USC

i think it depends on your definition of yellow.  Highlighter yellow isn’t yellow.  Old Gold is what most people would call gold.  

Archived