College Football 2019

29texan

According to my uncle's friend in the ASU AD It sounds like Arizona state is going G/M/G at home next year besides the annual blackout and maroon monsoon games. I'm not sure if I 100% buy it because Adidas will probably make a special uniform that won't be revealed until the week of like in the past, but that would be awesome if they stayed more traditional

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

According to my uncle's friend in the ASU AD It sounds like Arizona state is going G/M/G at home next year besides the annual blackout and maroon monsoon games. I'm not sure if I 100% buy it because Adidas will probably make a special uniform that won't be revealed until the week of like in the past, but that would be awesome if they stayed more traditional

I'd expect something military-like for their Pat Tillman game.  Or maybe they can limit it to the gloves and shoes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

This year it was military themed and still G/M/G. One of the better looking Tillman games besides when they go full throwback

I think the current uniform pattern with the Tillman era word mark and numbers would be their best look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/1/2019 at 9:51 PM, WavePunter said:

sorry if you don't like my opinion, but I'm not going to apologize for having my opinion.. I've outlined my reasons for my opinion pretty clearly.. you're welcome to let it go if you like, but you initially raised the issue by creating something that wasn't there and twisting it into something it isn't.. I feel as though I've made some headway with fightinggoldendevil by explaining myself, so I'm not making myself look worse to everyone.. I intend to reply in defense of my opinions and character any time they're called into question.. it being let go is entirely in your court at this point.. 

Actually, you just piggy-backed on the commenter who made the "proper English" comment and kept going... so I'm not the one who created or "twisted" anything. 

And I hate to bring this back up, especially when it's died off, but I didn't mention any of that for nothing. You also didn't get the replies from other commenters for nothing. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

1 hour ago, 29texan said:

Actually, you just piggy-backed on the commenter who made the "proper English" comment and kept going... so I'm not the one who created or "twisted" anything. 

And I hate to bring this back up, especially when it's died off, but I didn't mention any of that for nothing. You also didn't get the replies from other commenters for nothing. 

Only 1 other commentor replied regarding the topic at hand, and he admittedly gets overly worked-up by the topic.. 

I still don't think throwing some random slang onto the uniforms of a university is appropriate.. regardless of the correctness of certain vernaculars, I doubt they teach them in the university's English courses.. you wanna talk common vernacular for the region, then concessions can certainly be made for traditional/relevant phrases like "hook em, horns!", etc.. but given how it's random, unrelated-to-tcu, and ripped off from other programs, there's tons of good reason to dislike it and prefer it not be there.. again, you don't have to agree with me.. but to suggest my opinion is insensitive to certain demographics is quite a stretch.. 

48 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I hope it stays in the traditional/classic realm.. I think they could possibly pull off the old cowboys number font pretty well (and I wish the cowboys would go back to it)

They should use the Staubach font that they used on their throwbacks. I'd expect them to enlarge the numbers as well like they did with TCU.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Only 1 other commentor replied regarding the topic at hand, and he admittedly gets overly worked-up by the topic.. 

I still don't think throwing some random slang onto the uniforms of a university is appropriate.. regardless of the correctness of certain vernaculars, I doubt they teach them in the university's English courses.. you wanna talk common vernacular for the region, then concessions can certainly be made for traditional/relevant phrases like "hook em, horns!", etc.. but given how it's random, unrelated-to-tcu, and ripped off from other programs, there's tons of good reason to dislike it and prefer it not be there.. again, you don't have to agree with me.. but to suggest my opinion is insensitive to certain demographics is quite a stretch.. 

Because you think this is just "some random slang", there's no point in me even talking to you. We're cut from a different cloth, apparently. 

And I'M the Fort Worth native. Ebonics isn't uncommon here... ok? 

Oh, and trust me, "we all we got" and "we all we need" is VERY related to TCU given the underdog status the program has just within our own area. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They should use the Staubach font that they used on their throwbacks. I'd expect them to enlarge the numbers as well like they did with TCU.

I could definitely live with that.. I had forgotten that they did that.. that must be why it seemed like it could work

2 hours ago, 29texan said:

Because you think this is just "some random slang", there's no point in me even talking to you. We're cut from a different cloth, apparently. 

And I'M the Fort Worth. Ebonics isn't uncommon here... ok? 

Oh, and trust me, "we all we got" and "we all we need" is VERY related to TCU given the underdog status the program has just within our own area. 

We can just agree to disagree and move on.. I'd prefer to discuss opinions regarding uniforms, not ebonics and vernacular and their presence in certain regions.. 

As for the uniforms themselves, I like them, apart from the silly hanger effect text, which I dislike for a myriad of reasons, all previously outlined..

I think the"horns" on the white jersey could be a bit more subtle, but I'll reserve judgement on that particular jersey until I see it in action.. I also think jersey/helmet combination could play a large role in how these combinations look..

I was gonna go to a signing day event tonight & hopefully get the chance to ask Sumlin what's up with our uniforms, but my ex scheduled our daughter's parent teacher conference for tonight. I asked my friend to ask for me. Hopefully he'll get the chance & I'll get some intel.

3 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

I was gonna go to a signing day event tonight & hopefully get the chance to ask Sumlin what's up with our uniforms, but my ex scheduled our daughter's parent teacher conference for tonight. I asked my friend to ask for me. Hopefully he'll get the chance & I'll get some intel.

Sumlin usually likes to keep uniforms a surprise for the players

Archived