Jump to content

College Football 2019


29texan

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

I don't know about scrimmage, as those teams' uniforms look nothing alike (TV and photographer probably adjusted the light differently)...but Syracuse looked great. No reason for the Orange to change. 

 

A lot of the game was presented in the sunlight and at a very high angle, like this:

6NplsgD.png

 

So while up close the team's uniforms definitely are very different, at this particular angle and distance, they looked a little more similar.

 

8 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

It’s nice to see Syracuse has finally come Back from the dark ages of uniform history...welcome back!

 

For sure. Syracuse pretending they were New York City's football team with those stupid "skyscraper" numbers was a gross misfire. They're not quite all the way back to the perfect uniforms of the McNabb era, but they're close enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Watching the MEAC/SWAC challenge right now on ESPN2. Highly pissed off by Bethune-Cookman's uniforms. Their colors are maroon and yellow (gold), but for unknown reason they're out there wearing silver chrome helmets, white jerseys with grey numbers (outlined in yellow) and gray pants. Forgive me for sounding like an old man at age 33, but what happened to wearing your school's colors with pride? Last time I checked B-C did not release any official notice of having changed the school colors to gray and yellow smh.

 

If you'll excuse I need to go yell at a cloud for a bit.

 

I use to be the VC at Cookman and, when I got there, I was told that BCU was "the Oregon of HBCU". Take that for what it's worth. In addition, I saw these helmets first hand, they have the numbers on the left side and "Wildcats" on the right. But the decals are either clear or chrome too. I wish we had a consistent look, but... oh well. Usually BCU does wear maroon and gold (ie yellow), but throws a lot of black in there too. They wore chrome for the Flordia Classic last year, but i don't recall any of time they deviated from the traditional colors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

 

I use to be the VC at Cookman and, when I got there, I was told that BCU was "the Oregon of HBCU". Take that for what it's worth. In addition, I saw these helmets first hand, they have the numbers on the left side and "Wildcats" on the right. But the decals are either clear or chrome too. I wish we had a consistent look, but... oh well. Usually BCU does wear maroon and gold (ie yellow), but throws a lot of black in there too. They wore chrome for the Flordia Classic last year, but i don't recall any of time they deviated from the traditional colors. 

What potential makes things worse is the fact that they won in those uniforms on national TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

A lot of the game was presented in the sunlight and at a very high angle, like this:

6NplsgD.png

 

So while up close the team's uniforms definitely are very different, at this particular angle and distance, they looked a little more similar.

 

I've seen other matchups like this where you have teams in relatively similar colors, but just inverted (white-black-white vs. navy-white-navy for instance) and it's really frustrating to look at. Syracuse with white pants would have fixed this even though having the same colored pants feels like it shouldn't provide more contrast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

 

I use to be the VC at Cookman and, when I got there, I was told that BCU was "the Oregon of HBCU". Take that for what it's worth. In addition, I saw these helmets first hand, they have the numbers on the left side and "Wildcats" on the right. But the decals are either clear or chrome too. I wish we had a consistent look, but... oh well. Usually BCU does wear maroon and gold (ie yellow), but throws a lot of black in there too. They wore chrome for the Flordia Classic last year, but i don't recall any of time they deviated from the traditional colors. 

 

I remember being frustrated last season when they played at Nebraska, because they only wore one of their team colors, and had too much grey. The game was at midday, and on the broadcast, with the glaring sunlight, it looked much worse than this picture would make it seem. (EDIT: Broadcast glare example)

 

5bd4d2ab6c050.image.jpg?resize=1200,1025

Broadcast:

maxresdefault.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MattMill said:

Here’s those BC uniforms

spacer.png

 

As mentioned above, these uniforms appear fine up close (even Oregon’s have awesome details), but your complete package is a mess. Heres BC In action

https://mobile.twitter.com/espn/status/1168283161274605570

Agreed. Those are actually some decent uniforms. But I would not have been able to tell you that was Bethune-Cookman had I not read it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oddly enough, the only BC colors came from their logo being on the bottom of the v neck

 

Couldn't the orange have been turned a more golden yellow? Do they get a prize for smallest identifier/logo ever?

 

This reminds me of Davidson basketball going black and volt green for a basketball game. Their team colors are red/white/black. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidsonMBB/status/1096439416195874817

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joey Harrington's uniforms were ugly. 

Marcus Mariota's uniforms were ugly. 

The weekend's game against Auburn was ugly. 

 

In the last ~15 years, the only Duck uniforms that haven't been a massive train wreck were certain color combos when Lamichael James played for them. 

 

3aa1e94f10c1c5d33ae7454cddab3765.jpg

 

 

They need to go back to that look, or go back to Kenny Wheaton. Considering they replay that ONE play at EVERY SINGLE DUCK GAME like it's the second coming of Christ, maybe they should take a step back and return to a classic look. I mean, a simple Green & Gold combo worked for guys like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. 

 

kenny-wheaton-2d1fc883-e9ac-411b-bab4-e7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we just make a yearly Oregon unis thread,  I'm so over year to year seeing them popup hundreds of times per page with there trash. We know we get it you have 182739839293838 combos take it elsewhere.  More than half the college football world can care less about you. I actually stopped following this thread as much as I used to just because I'm so over seeing this Oregon trash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, j'villejags said:


I like it, but the front of his jersey is going to look like a Nascar fire suit for their bowl game. 

 

150 patch

Big XII patch

Texas logo

Bowl Game patch

Captain's patch

Swoosh

Texas wordmark

Hopefully they just make that 150 part of the patch or get rid of it altogether. They could always use the sleeves for the bowl patches too. 

Image result for world bowl 2004

Since there's no Nike logo on the sleeve it would fit better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Joey Harrington's uniforms were ugly. 

Marcus Mariota's uniforms were ugly. 

The weekend's game against Auburn was ugly. 

 

In the last ~15 years, the only Duck uniforms that haven't been a massive train wreck were certain color combos when Lamichael James played for them. 

 

3aa1e94f10c1c5d33ae7454cddab3765.jpg

 

 

They need to go back to that look, or go back to Kenny Wheaton. Considering they replay that ONE play at EVERY SINGLE DUCK GAME like it's the second coming of Christ, maybe they should take a step back and return to a classic look. I mean, a simple Green & Gold combo worked for guys like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. 

 

kenny-wheaton-2d1fc883-e9ac-411b-bab4-e7

IDK about going all the way back to the Kenny Wheaton unis, but they do need to cut the crap and stick to kelly green and gold.

 

I also wish they'd bring back the number font from the Harrington/Clemens days that matched the contours of their logo, which they still use in other sports.

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Joey Harrington's uniforms were ugly. 

Marcus Mariota's uniforms were ugly. 

The weekend's game against Auburn was ugly. 

 

In the last ~15 years, the only Duck uniforms that haven't been a massive train wreck were certain color combos when Lamichael James played for them. 

-snip-

This is not ugly. 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.