Assuming neither team decides to break out any alternate uniforms, Texas vs LSU should be quite a visual treat.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ll say it again; result of the game aside, I thought the Ducks’ uniforms looked fantastic last night. Apparently that’s an unpopular opinion around here, which is fine. That’s often been the case with many of the Ducks’ uniforms over the years. Yes, the dark green is a bit too dark, but I really think they were going for something similar to the shade used on the base of the Harrington-era uniforms, which was a very dark, almost black shade of green. From a Ducks fan’s point of view, I think this set, and especially last night’s combo, is a great mix between the flashiness of the Mariota-era set and something more streamlined and simplistic. The wings on the helmets are great and a favorite among the Ducks’ fan base, and I personally think the more subtle application is more fitting for this more simplistic set. The wings on these dark green helmets in particular looked really sharp in action last night, as did the iridescent numbers (again, my opinion). I think this set is easily the best overall look they’ve had since 2014-2015, and I’m excited to see how the other color ways look in action and what other combos they trot out this year. I get that this set, and especially last night’s combo, might not be the most popular look overall, but for Ducks fans it brings us back to something closer to the Mariota years, which was the peak of Oregon’s uniforms IMO. I think this set is a really nice simplification of some of the things that really worked during the Mariota years. 

Anyways, looking ahead to next week, I think the Ducks will likely debut their updated yellow set against Nevada:

spacer.png

What are your thoughts on their pants? Basically like tights. I do like the uniforms though.

1 minute ago, JellyKs said:

What are your thoughts on their pants? Basically like tights. I do like the uniforms though.

I think the pants are fine, though they’re much better when the players wear contrasting socks and tights. Plain pants aren’t the best, but they do make mixing and matching with this new set more of a possibility.

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I think the pants are fine, though they’re much better when the players wear contrasting socks and tights. Plain pants aren’t the best, but they do make mixing and matching with this new set more of a possibility.

My point was how there pants look like they have zero padding at all

26 minutes ago, JellyKs said:

My point was how there pants look like they have zero padding at all

Ahh I see. Yeah, that minimal integrated padding is a feature of the new Nike template. It’s an interesting look for sure.

South Carolina is wearing their 1980s throwbacks this week against Charleston Southern. Expect to see them more than once this season and for all uniforms to adapt this style in 2020. Apparently Muschamp and the team really like the look and the school has already told UA to make a full set for next year. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nevada going grey/white/grey this week at Oregon:

As I said a few days ago, I think it’s likely that the Ducks will go all-yellow.

48 minutes ago, EvanAllMighty4 said:

South Carolina is wearing their 1980s throwbacks this week against Charleston Southern. Expect to see them more than once this season and for all uniforms to adapt this style in 2020. Apparently Muschamp and the team really like the look and the school has already told UA to make a full set for next year. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The red-black-white look is classic. Looks great on SoCar and looks great on the Atlanta Falcons. 

Week 2 Uniforms: 

Utah Utes: 

spacer.png

Boise State Broncos: 

spacer.png

Vanderbilt Commodores: 

spacer.png

Nevada Wolf Pack: 

spacer.png

Syracuse Orange: 

Cincinnati Bearcats: 

3 hours ago, EvanAllMighty4 said:

South Carolina is wearing their 1980s throwbacks this week against Charleston Southern.

That's a really sharp uniform.

https://twitter.com/thon/status/1169370524943867904?s=21

HUGE change for penn state this week, THON helmet stickers

I’m a student at PSU and heavily involved in THON, which for those of you who don’t know, it’s the worlds largest student-run philanthropy, meant to help children and families suffering from childhood cancer.

Basically it’s a huge deal here in state college and for the team to rep decals of it (even if they’re just that small) it’s pretty special.

(I apologize for my plug but that’s the once in a blue moon PSU update)

Several Oregon players have been breaking in the new yellow and green cleats in practice the last couple days. Initially I was thinking they’d go all-yellow this week, but now I’m thinking they may go all-green or at least wear the green jerseys instead. 

Auburn is hosting a white out this Saturday against Tulane and boy let me tell you Auburn Twitter has been nuts about this. I've had multiple people over the last few weeks ask if Auburn would wear white at home for this game. Since the beginning I've been saying fan wear schedules have little to do with team uniforms, as we've discussed here many pages ago. 

But...

Tulane released their uniforms for last week's game on Tuesday. Wednesday has now come and gone and still no announcement. I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but the longer Tulane goes without announcing the more I think it's a possibility. 

I would be fine if teams like Auburn stopped requesting fans wear certain colors as it rarely helps here. Tuberville's orange-emphasis was really successful and the majority orange crowd looks great in the sun. But Auburn has tried navy-outs and stadium stripe-outs and it's just not great.

Wazzu going crimson/crimson/white this weekend:

spacer.png

Colorado going gold/black/gold vs. Nebraska:

Air Force Honors C-17 Globemaster III With Latest Air Power Legacy Series Uniform

September 5, 2019 - 15:23 PM

Air Force will continue its Air Power Legacy Series this season with alternate uniforms that honor the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, a large military cargo and transport aircraft. The Falcons will wear the C-17 alternate uniforms against Hawai’i on Oct. […]

Read More...