College Football 2019

29texan

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

This is one of the best uniforms in the ACC. The helmet number kinda brings it down...but the white helmet, the 80s-ish stripes (now split), and the orange jerseys with white pants are excellent. Virginia should wear this every home game. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Duckies going all green for the home opener

Booooo

I’m not as anti-monochrome as most around here, but they did this sh!t for EVERY regular-season game last year. Give me some yellow pants with the green jerseys! You’ve been known as the “1000 uniform combinations” school for longer than some of your players have even been alive, why dumb it down to all green, all yellow, all white? I know it’s only the first home game, but after last season’s miserable monochrome every game until the bowl, I’m a little disappointed 

I’m happy to see them going green instead of yellow for the home opener, though it would’ve been nice to have seen the yellow helmets and/or pants mixed in with the green jerseys. Still, going with the now-classic all-green look for the home opener is a smart choice IMO. Hopefully we see the yellow helmets and/or pants mixed in with the green jerseys later in the season. Here’s a few more looks:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

I like the idea of those shoulder stripes, I just they should be thinner, but I'm a fan of Oregon State's new look

Yeah, the outer stripes should be a bit thinner so the overall stripe proportions are a closer match to the pant stripes. Either that or make the inner stripe a bit thicker.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Crappy combo for ASU this week:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The white helmet looks really out of place with no white present on the jerseys or pants (save for the PAC-12 logo and PT*42 patch). 

According to this week’s Uniformity article (link below), ASU will only have gold and white helmets this year as they wanted to invest in the safest, highest quality helmet models and only had the budget for two shell colors. With that being the case, they really should only use the gold helmets with the maroon and black jerseys and save the white helmets for road games. 

https://arizonastate.rivals.com/news/2019-uniformity-week-2-helmet-color-news-and-new-decals

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

No change in uniform but Les Miles did fix KU's helmet problem by sticking to the same logo on both sides of helmet, single blue stripe on white helmets and single red stripe on blue ones, also went to straight grey facemasks. Rumor is they are working on all new uniforms for next season.

spacer.png

A&M going with maroon helmets on the road at Clemson. This would have been a prime game for the stormtrooper/"Icy Whites" back when Sumlin was coach. Jimbo has stuck with traditional looks since he took over. I would expect M/W/M for tomorrow 

Edit: confirmed it will be maroon pants. So it will be M/W/M vs O/O/W

3 hours ago, bri1275 said:

No change in uniform but Les Miles did fix KU's helmet problem by sticking to the same logo on both sides of helmet, single blue stripe on white helmets and single red stripe on blue ones, also went to straight grey facemasks. Rumor is they are working on all new uniforms for next season.

spacer.png

Well even if Les isn’t successful on the field at KU he will go down as a winner in my book for finally fixing their train wreck uniform situation. 

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Every time ASU shows off one of their ugly uniform combinations, they always pose them in the spot where Sparky can jab them in the ass.  I like to think this will continue until the dopes realize their current uniform philosophy blows and they return Sparky to the helmet.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

The white helmet looks really out of place with no white present on the jerseys or pants (save for the PAC-12 logo and PT*42 patch). 

According to this week’s Uniformity article (link below), ASU will only have gold and white helmets this year as they wanted to invest in the safest, highest quality helmet models and only had the budget for two shell colors. With that being the case, they really should only use the gold helmets with the maroon and black jerseys and save the white helmets for road games. 

https://arizonastate.rivals.com/news/2019-uniformity-week-2-helmet-color-news-and-new-decals

At least the pitch fork doesn't have a double outline. 

Archived