Didn’t notice this last week, but Cal is wearing their own color-coordinated version of the CFB-150 patch instead of the standard grey and white version:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really wish more schools took this approach, as the standard patch clashes with a lot of schools’ uniforms. 

On 9/8/2019 at 12:55 AM, EvanAllMighty4 said:

spacer.png

As a massive Gamecock fan, I can't get over how incredible these throwbacks looked. 

I'm not even a South Carolina fan, and I was disappointed when I saw a promo for next week for them in which they were playing in their current uniforms. I saw these throwbacks in action and immediately thought that they looked correct (for lack of a better term). I forgot for a moment they weren't switching back to this look full time yet.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:55 AM, EvanAllMighty4 said:

spacer.png

As a massive Gamecock fan, I can't get over how incredible these throwbacks looked. 

As a massive Florida Gators fan, I concur with your assessment.  Those are gorgeous uniforms!

Edited by GatorNate1022

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Didn’t notice this last week, but Cal is wearing their own color-coordinated version of the CFB-150 patch instead of the standard grey and white version:

EDV__JfU8AApKg0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

spacer.png

I really wish more schools took this approach, as the standard patch clashes with a lot of schools’ uniforms. 

I should have mentioned this previously but i kept forgetting to grab a good picture (the rain delay Saturday did not help and FTFY ;) ) . On the blue jersey, it may be hard to see due to the lighting but the patch retains the yellow outline and it is the same as the away jersey

side note but UA has done a really nice job with our set and im glad they retained the matte shell from the Nike rebrand. 

Arizona's uniforms looked really good for how bad the jerseys are. Make the numbers white and its and instant massive upgrade. Pus these new red helmets look so good under the lights.

22 minutes ago, H11K said:

Arizona's uniforms looked really good for how bad the jerseys are. Make the numbers white and its and instant massive upgrade. Pus these new red helmets look so good under the lights.

Yeah those helmets better match the overall theme in the stripes (kind of a red-crimson gradient/fade). Much better than the cheaper-looking regular gloss helmets. 

White numbers outlined in red would look great. 

Also...the white helmets can't come soon enough...

11 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I'm not even a South Carolina fan, and I was disappointed when I saw a promo for next week for them in which they were playing in their current uniforms. I saw these throwbacks in action and immediately thought that they looked correct (for lack of a better term). I forgot for a moment they weren't switching back to this look full time yet.

While I love this throwback look, I think South Carolina already has a really good set of uniforms that don't need much changing other than switching to the same font as the throwback. 

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Throwback helmets for Troy

When looking at San Jose State's throwback and Troy's throwback, Michigan State must be thinking "We've had some great logos"

Troy To Wear 1984 Throwback Helmets Against Southern Miss

September 10, 2019 - 00:52 AM

Troy will commemorate its 1984 Division II national championship by wearing throwbacks helmets against Southern Miss on Sept. 14. The anodized red helmet features a chrome facemask and reflective helmet decal. And though it‚Äôs clearly the same logo used and […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Troy To Wear 1984 Throwback Helmets Against Southern Miss

September 10, 2019 - 00:52 AM

Troy will commemorate its 1984 Division II national championship by wearing throwbacks helmets against Southern Miss on Sept. 14. The anodized red helmet features a chrome facemask and reflective helmet decal. And though it’s clearly the same logo used and […]

Read More...

Another case of altered throwbacks. There's a YouTube video of the team in 1984 and there are differences in color, striping, and facemask. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSNS_uBKME

(And the commercials in this video are awesome!)

Ate they gonna throw back to calling themselves "Troy State", as well??

(They're still Troy State in my mind...)

spacer.png

This is still my favorite college football uniform of all time. And I’m a Wazzu fan. 

Within a couple years Arizona began devolving into a full on Arena League team. Their athletic department should be sued for malpractice.

LSU going with White/Purple/White against Northwestern State. I really like LSU's purple uniform and wish they would pair it with the yellow helmet

Its West Virginia's 'Gold Rush' game and Neal Brown said they're wearing gold so I presume they will go Navy/Gold/Gold... what does that mean for NC State? Not sure what the mandate is on gold vs white with regards to being different enough, I presume one of the 3 main pieces at least will need to be red?

On 9/7/2019 at 2:16 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Still no chrome helmet for USF ūüėē

Good...the chrome helmet was trash and didnt fit our tradition.  The greenish gold lids theyve used the past two games date back to the first 10 years of the program and just seem right.

3 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Good...the chrome helmet was trash and didnt fit our tradition.  The greenish gold lids theyve used the past two games date back to the first 10 years of the program and just seem right.

The 2019 gold helmets (ie the old ones) look great.

The game against GT made me have a new appreciation of their gold/green/white unis. They looked good. 

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The 2019 gold helmets (ie the old ones) look great.

The game against GT made me have a new appreciation of their gold/green/white unis. They looked good. 

Agreed, its kind of like the saying "you dont know what you got until its gone".  I thought the color looked odd and too green originally in the 90s and 2000s, but once they went standard gold and chrome gold i realized how original the new ones look.

21 hours ago, Buc said:

Ate they gonna throw back to calling themselves "Troy State", as well??

(They're still Troy State in my mind...)

My grandpa does this as well, along with every other school that had State in their name like North Texas State, and Memphis State. He also still calls Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana-Monroe by their old directional names.