College Football 2019

29texan

Colorado going black/grey/black vs. Air Force:

Utah going white/red/white vs. Idaho State, and debuting a new decal set on their white helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Really not a fan of those decals at all. The logo on one side, number on the other is almost always a bad idea, and those state outline decals are just too big and awkward looking. They should’ve just gone with the interlocking double U logo on both sides, like on their throwback helmets:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I really like Colorado’s grey/steel color they use. I wish they’d go with a spin of their tradition combo with the color, that or go B/B/G

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcsY52dyouo1RyMsJpaBn

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

My grandpa does this as well, along with every other school that had State in their name like North Texas State, and Memphis State. He also still calls Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana-Monroe by their old directional names.

Does he also refer to Texas State as Southwest Texas State?

19 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

I've never noticed, but them and Arkansas State haven't crossed paths as much as you would think, historically. I'll try to pay attention as their football game draws closer though.

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

Random question.  With the decals going over the ventilation holes, is there still adhesive on the backside of the decals over those areas?  Could that end up ripping out hair every time a player takes off his helmet?

9 hours ago, msubulldog said:

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I've never noticed, but them and Arkansas State haven't crossed paths as much as you would think, historically. I'll try to pay attention as their football game draws closer though.

Check if he refers to Boise State as Boise Junior College & Truck Driving School. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 minute ago, pianoknight said:

Check if he refers to Boise State as Boise Junior College & Truck Driving School

Wait...what??? 

Also, is Utah hitching its train to the UU logo now? I actually really like it; the UU initials are unique as far as letter lockups logos go.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

54 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

Random question.  With the decals going over the ventilation holes, is there still adhesive on the backside of the decals over those areas?  Could that end up ripping out hair every time a player takes off his helmet?

Yes, there's still adhesive. No, it wouldn't affect the player at all. The shell doesn't sit directly on the head. There's plenty of clearance with the padding and all.

Those state of Utah decals have some interesting "negative space" cutting out the clear space in certain areas. The outline and UU are on the same decal sheet, obviously, but the bottom left corner and the top have no clear space. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

18 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

Its West Virginia's 'Gold Rush' game and Neal Brown said they're wearing gold so I presume they will go Navy/Gold/Gold... what does that mean for NC State? Not sure what the mandate is on gold vs white with regards to being different enough, I presume one of the 3 main pieces at least will need to be red?

WVU has worn gold over gold vs all white before, so I don't think there's any mandate

Image result for wvu kansas 2014 football

90758391980.gif

20 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

LSU going with White/Purple/White against Northwestern State. I really like LSU's purple uniform and wish they would pair it with the yellow helmet

Nope.  Don't like this gimmickry.

It's pretty simple-- gold helmet, white jersey, gold pants as much as possible.  Only change is purple jersey for the non-home opener OOC "creampuff" games.

White pants, white helmets, purple helmets, gold jerseys, and purple pants are all anathema to the look of LSU football . Stick with the classic look that works.

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

Yes, there’s adhesive, but there’s a layer of padding between hair and sticker. If the player has longer hair, it could works its way up there, but it won’t rip it from the scalp.

25 minutes ago, Derek said:

Yes, there’s adhesive, but there’s a layer of padding between hair and sticker. If the player has longer hair, it could works its way up there, but it won’t rip it from the scalp.

There's no way the actual head is exposed to anything outside of the helmet. The inside padding of the helmet goes all-around--theres no way for the hair to come on contact with the sticker. This seems self explanatory, but I digress.

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Utah going white/red/white vs. Idaho State, and debuting a new decal set on their white helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Really not a fan of those decals at all. The logo on one side, number on the other is almost always a bad idea, and those state outline decals are just too big and awkward looking. They should’ve just gone with the interlocking double U logo on both sides, like on their throwback helmets:

That is an amazing uniform with an absolutely horrible helmet sticker. What a waste. 

3 hours ago, Buc said:

Wait...what??? 

Also, is Utah hitching its train to the UU logo now? I actually really like it; the UU initials are unique as far as letter lockups logos go.

Okay, yeah, the official name was just Boise Junior College.  But technically, they have had a very successful truck driving school for many years.  I believe they may have spun it out into it's own school over time, but I seem to recall that even fairly recently you could graduate from BSU with a certification in trucking or whatever it's officially called. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

There's no way the actual head is exposed to anything outside of the helmet. The inside padding of the helmet goes all-around--theres no way for the hair to come on contact with the sticker. This seems self explanatory, but I digress.

I've actually seen hair stick out of the ventilation holes before, so there actually is a way.. it's just unlikely.. but I digress..

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Yes, there's still adhesive. No, it wouldn't affect the player at all. The shell doesn't sit directly on the head. There's plenty of clearance with the padding and all.

Those state of Utah decals have some interesting "negative space" cutting out the clear space in certain areas. The outline and UU are on the same decal sheet, obviously, but the bottom left corner and the top have no clear space. 

Another interesting point, the top of the state outline appears to have been cut and overlapped on itself due to the curvature of the helmet.. possibly compounded by the lack of clear decal material in that area

14 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I've actually seen hair stick out of the ventilation holes before, so there actually is a way.. it's just unlikely.. but I digress..

Another interesting point, the top of the state outline appears to have been cut and overlapped on itself due to the curvature of the helmet.. possibly compounded by the lack of clear decal material in that area

That's some very thin padding then. I've worn many helmets, some of the newer ones included--never seen the hair issue, but yeah it's not impossible I suppose. 

Archived