Recommended Posts

Colorado going black/grey/black vs. Air Force:

 

Utah going white/red/white vs. Idaho State, and debuting a new decal set on their white helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Really not a fan of those decals at all. The logo on one side, number on the other is almost always a bad idea, and those state outline decals are just too big and awkward looking. They should’ve just gone with the interlocking double U logo on both sides, like on their throwback helmets:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing says "bringing the FIRE!" like a dull gray jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Colorado going black/grey/black vs. Air Force:

I really like Colorado’s grey/steel color they use. I wish they’d go with a spin of their tradition combo with the color, that or go B/B/G

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcsY52dyouo1RyMsJpaBn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

 

My grandpa does this as well, along with every other school that had State in their name like North Texas State, and Memphis State. He also still calls Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana-Monroe by their old directional names.

Does he also refer to Texas State as Southwest Texas State?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Does he also refer to Texas State as Southwest Texas State?

 

I've never noticed, but them and Arkansas State haven't crossed paths as much as you would think, historically. I'll try to pay attention as their football game draws closer though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Colorado going black/grey/black vs. Air Force:

spacer.png

 

 

Random question.  With the decals going over the ventilation holes, is there still adhesive on the backside of the decals over those areas?  Could that end up ripping out hair every time a player takes off his helmet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Does he also refer to Texas State as Southwest Texas State?

 

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

 

I've never noticed, but them and Arkansas State haven't crossed paths as much as you would think, historically. I'll try to pay attention as their football game draws closer though.

 

Check if he refers to Boise State as Boise Junior College & Truck Driving School. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pianoknight said:

 

 

Check if he refers to Boise State as Boise Junior College & Truck Driving School

 

Wait...what??? 

 

Also, is Utah hitching its train to the UU logo now? I actually really like it; the UU initials are unique as far as letter lockups logos go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

 

Random question.  With the decals going over the ventilation holes, is there still adhesive on the backside of the decals over those areas?  Could that end up ripping out hair every time a player takes off his helmet?

 

Yes, there's still adhesive. No, it wouldn't affect the player at all. The shell doesn't sit directly on the head. There's plenty of clearance with the padding and all.

 

Those state of Utah decals have some interesting "negative space" cutting out the clear space in certain areas. The outline and UU are on the same decal sheet, obviously, but the bottom left corner and the top have no clear space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

Its West Virginia's 'Gold Rush' game and Neal Brown said they're wearing gold so I presume they will go Navy/Gold/Gold... what does that mean for NC State? Not sure what the mandate is on gold vs white with regards to being different enough, I presume one of the 3 main pieces at least will need to be red?

 

WVU has worn gold over gold vs all white before, so I don't think there's any mandate

 

Image result for wvu kansas 2014 football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

LSU going with White/Purple/White against Northwestern State. I really like LSU's purple uniform and wish they would pair it with the yellow helmet

 

 

 

Nope.  Don't like this gimmickry.

It's pretty simple-- gold helmet, white jersey, gold pants as much as possible.  Only change is purple jersey for the non-home opener OOC "creampuff" games.

 

White pants, white helmets, purple helmets, gold jerseys, and purple pants are all anathema to the look of LSU football . Stick with the classic look that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

 

Random question.  With the decals going over the ventilation holes, is there still adhesive on the backside of the decals over those areas?  Could that end up ripping out hair every time a player takes off his helmet?

 

Yes, there’s adhesive, but there’s a layer of padding between hair and sticker. If the player has longer hair, it could works its way up there, but it won’t rip it from the scalp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSU's purple jerseys are great as always, but I don't like how they insist on only wearing them with white helmets and pants anymore. There was nothing wrong with this combo:

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Derek said:

 

Yes, there’s adhesive, but there’s a layer of padding between hair and sticker. If the player has longer hair, it could works its way up there, but it won’t rip it from the scalp.

There's no way the actual head is exposed to anything outside of the helmet. The inside padding of the helmet goes all-around--theres no way for the hair to come on contact with the sticker. This seems self explanatory, but I digress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Colorado going black/grey/black vs. Air Force:

Utah going white/red/white vs. Idaho State, and debuting a new decal set on their white helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

Really not a fan of those decals at all. The logo on one side, number on the other is almost always a bad idea, and those state outline decals are just too big and awkward looking. They should’ve just gone with the interlocking double U logo on both sides, like on their throwback helmets:

 

That is an amazing uniform with an absolutely horrible helmet sticker. What a waste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buc said:

 

Wait...what??? 

 

Also, is Utah hitching its train to the UU logo now? I actually really like it; the UU initials are unique as far as letter lockups logos go.

 

Okay, yeah, the official name was just Boise Junior College.  But technically, they have had a very successful truck driving school for many years.  I believe they may have spun it out into it's own school over time, but I seem to recall that even fairly recently you could graduate from BSU with a certification in trucking or whatever it's officially called. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Utah logo would actually look good if they just got rid of the state outline.  The interlocking Us would be unique enough to stand out on its own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

There's no way the actual head is exposed to anything outside of the helmet. The inside padding of the helmet goes all-around--theres no way for the hair to come on contact with the sticker. This seems self explanatory, but I digress.

I've actually seen hair stick out of the ventilation holes before, so there actually is a way.. it's just unlikely.. but I digress..

 

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

 

Yes, there's still adhesive. No, it wouldn't affect the player at all. The shell doesn't sit directly on the head. There's plenty of clearance with the padding and all.

 

Those state of Utah decals have some interesting "negative space" cutting out the clear space in certain areas. The outline and UU are on the same decal sheet, obviously, but the bottom left corner and the top have no clear space. 

Another interesting point, the top of the state outline appears to have been cut and overlapped on itself due to the curvature of the helmet.. possibly compounded by the lack of clear decal material in that area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I've actually seen hair stick out of the ventilation holes before, so there actually is a way.. it's just unlikely.. but I digress..

 

Another interesting point, the top of the state outline appears to have been cut and overlapped on itself due to the curvature of the helmet.. possibly compounded by the lack of clear decal material in that area

That's some very thin padding then. I've worn many helmets, some of the newer ones included--never seen the hair issue, but yeah it's not impossible I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.