College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona will be wearing all-white at home this week against Texas Tech, per Arizona’s AD. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

22 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

There's no way the actual head is exposed to anything outside of the helmet. The inside padding of the helmet goes all-around--theres no way for the hair to come on contact with the sticker. This seems self explanatory, but I digress.

Aren’t we saying the same thing, but I gave the (slim) possibility that it could happen? My son’s helmet has vent holes where pad and opening don’t overlap, and hair could potentially work it’s way out. Seems self explanatory the vent holes are there to vent, not plug.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

16 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I can't believe they would be able to stick to the helmet and not move or peal... but not tear out hair.  Crazy.

Sorry, I should have said rip with force. I was considering the distance between hair and sticker, and how well a few strands could actually stick. If you slapped a helmet decal straight to someone’s hair, it would hurt to remove. They are heavy mil, or at least the samples I have are. I suppose there could be various thicknesses.

Love UGA’s uniforms, even the black ones, but I do have a small beef with unnecessary gray pants. White would pop better. Same issue with Kansas although they have bigger issues. I blame the NY Giants.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

2 hours ago, Derek said:

Aren’t we saying the same thing, but I gave the (slim) possibility that it could happen? My son’s helmet has vent holes where pad and opening don’t overlap, and hair could potentially work it’s way out. Seems self explanatory the vent holes are there to vent, not plug.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Yeah, we had this discussion two pages ago.. we're all saying the same thing, but in different words

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

Love UGA’s uniforms, even the black ones, but I do have a small beef with unnecessary gray pants. White would pop better. Same issue with Kansas although they have bigger issues. I blame the NY Giants.

Everyone wants the silver pants back. Nike and their one million innovations, still can't seem to get that look on their current fabrics. White could be good as a one-off, but that would be unnecessary.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU has worn gold over gold vs all white before, so I don't think there's any mandate

Image result for wvu kansas 2014 football

I figured there wasnt but I couldn't recall any examples, and knew you would be the one to know. State has since confirmed they will be in all-white earlier today.

2 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Two things;

1.  I'm not sure who had gray pants first, but I know UGA was wearing gray pants back in the 70's and 80's, when the Giants were wearing white pants, and...

2.  The Giants look 100% better when they wear gray pants, both home and road.

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Two things;

1.  I'm not sure who had gray pants first, but I know UGA was wearing gray pants back in the 70's and 80's, when the Giants were wearing white pants, and...

Really? I think the white pants definitely look better with the blue jersey. It's brighter, and more clean looking. Kind of like the white color rush uni they have.

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If the white pants didn't have the gray stripes, the white pants would look better hands down. Even YA Tittle wore white pants, so this isn't an 80s/90s nostalgia thing. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Houston going white/black/black vs. Wazzu:

spacer.png

This is... not great. The black uniforms are bad enough as is, but the white helmets stick out like a sore thumb without any white on the jerseys or pants. While still not good by any means, the black uniforms were at least somewhat tolerable and cohesive when paired with the red helmets:

spacer.png

This is gonna end up being a pretty bad looking matchup with WSU in anthracite/white/white and Houston in white/black/black. It’s a real shame that neither team will be wearing a substantial amount of red, and instead will be mostly black and white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Houston going white/black/black vs. Wazzu:

spacer.png

This is... not great. The black uniforms are bad enough as is, but the white helmets stick out like a sore thumb without any white on the jerseys or pants. While still not good by any means, the black uniforms were at least somewhat tolerable and cohesive when paired with the red helmets:

spacer.png

This is gonna end up being a pretty bad looking matchup with WSU in anthracite/white/white and Houston in white/black/black. It’s a real shame that neither team will be wearing a substantial amount of red, and instead will be mostly black and white.

I'm supposed to go to this game. It's gonna be a terrible visual matchup. 

Also i hate that UH insists on using black when navy is one of their official school colors. 

28 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I'm supposed to go to this game. It's gonna be a terrible visual matchup. 

Also i hate that UH insists on using black when navy is one of their official school colors. 

Genuine question, is navy still a part of the Houston Cougars brand? I know the UK-styled UH is red and white, and then they have the new Cougar head logo which is white and red, but there's no navy anywhere in the university's brand guide. 

https://uhcougars.com/sports/2018/6/12/licensing-logos-html.aspx

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Archived