College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

9/10. If there was just a little bit of white on the jersey it would be perfect. Even just an outline on the number. 

ugh, I know. White numbers, red outlines, and this uniform is honestly really good. I also like not having stripes on the helmet with this set.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, kabbey520 said:

Ok, so I misunderstood the email, but if they’re wearing WBW, that’s a good thing. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Better look at ASU’s combo:

spacer.png

I really wish this was the way the uniform announcement tweets were done. Just show me a well-lit picture of the getups. That's all I want. I'm always scrubbing through those videos to get to the part where they show what's actually going on. That said, my new unofficial favorite team would look really great here if it weren't for the oversized logo + number gimmick. I really like the gold facemask and everything else looks good.

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

9/10. If there was just a little bit of white on the jersey it would be perfect. Even just an outline on the number. 

If they just had the red, white, and blue asymmetrical striping on their helmet, a better number font, white numbers, and a better template, and the asymmetrical striping on their pants, they would be good uniforms. Also, dark numbers on dark jerseys are bad enough, but doing it without outlines is literally the worst thing a person can do and should be met with capital punishment.

Pictured: The last time Arizona had parts that could make for a worthwhile uniform before they went down a dark road of gradient numbers and the like.

Fe49kWd.jpg

Oregon going dark green/yellow/yellow against Montana, complete with dark green cleats and gloves:

I’m thrilled to see them not just go with the full mono-yellow, as they wore that combo three times last season. Not only that, but the new dark green helmets look fantastic atop the yellow jerseys and pants. I’m hoping they go dark green/yellow/dark green at some point this season as well, as that would be another fantastic look IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

47 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon going dark green/yellow/yellow against Montana, complete with dark green cleats and gloves:

I’m thrilled to see them not just go with the full mono-yellow, as they wore that combo three times last season. Not only that, but the new dark green helmets look fantastic atop the yellow jerseys and pants. I’m hoping they go dark green/yellow/dark green at some point this season as well, as that would be another fantastic look IMO.

Does this confirm the usage of "nightmare green" instead of black on the yellow uniforms? Not sure I ever saw anything official about that switch.

19 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Does this confirm the usage of "nightmare green" instead of black on the yellow uniforms? Not sure I ever saw anything official about that switch.

I’m not sure if the accents on the yellow jerseys are actually the “nightmare green” or if they’re still black. The inlines in the numbers are definitely black, but it’s tough to tell what color is used for the base of the numbers, swoosh, and ‘O’ logo. To me it looks more like black than green, but I’m really not sure. In any case, though, the nightmare green is close enough to black to where the nightmare green uniform pieces and the yellow uniform pieces can easily be mixed and matched to create some really sharp combos, like this dark green/yellow/yellow combo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

New gold jerseys for Georgia Tech.

I have always liked the gold with blue numbers and the white helmet. It’s definitely a classic Tech look.

But is it just me, or does this jersey not match anything else in their wardrobe? It seems to be more of a tan/khaki color and nothing close to gold. Their normal set with the gold pants seems to be more in line with a mustardy-gold. The construction of the jersey is also different from their other sets. This would have been so much better if they matched the jersey color closer to the shade on the helmet stripe.

Compare that shade of gold to this:

spacer.png

Here’s the old look that this is loosely throwing back to:

spacer.png

Archived