College Football 2019

29texan

21 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

@oldschoolvikings thanks for pointing out that the mannequin is always getting poked in the ass by Sparky.  Now it makes me chuckle every time I see it.

sparky's opinion about being removed. Maybe the equipment guys are making passive aggressive statement 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Excuse you, they're icy because that's how damn cold-blooded we have to be on the road to defeat those nefarious neutral grays.

and the "we're taking this game very seriously all black" unis 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

20 minutes ago, jn8 said:

K-State/Mississippi State looks amazing, but I’d like Mississippi State to add white outer stripes to the helmet to match the jerseys

KxZ1lLO.jpg

I was literally about to nominate this game for best matchup of the week. Right now I'd give it a tie with Pitt-Penn State too. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Video with some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

I am really excited to see this combo on the field, as I think it’s gonna look really sharp under the lights. This is definitely my favorite combo of theirs so far this season. One interesting note is that this video shows yellow gloves, while the promo pics released on Thursday showed dark green gloves. I’ll be curious to see which ones they actually wear tonight. Personally I’d prefer the green gloves to match the helmets and cleats, but that’s a pretty small detail that shouldn’t effect the overall look that much.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The helmet and numbers look black. If they’re going to make the green so dark that it’s almost indistinguishable from black, then what’s the point?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

27 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

The helmet and numbers look black. If they’re going to make the green so dark that it’s almost indistinguishable from black, then what’s the point?

I’ve said this before, but I really feel like they chose such a dark shade of green as a reference to the Harrington-era set, which had a very dark, almost black shade of green as the base color, with the lighter green color used as an accent. I also think they chose such a dark shade of green so that the yellow uniform pieces and dark green uniform pieces could be mixed and matched and it would still have a similar appearance to the popular black and yellow bumblebee looks they’ve worn in the past. It looks like the new dark green set has effectively replaced having a black set, at least for this season, but it’s still dark enough to have a similar effect as the black while also giving a nice and subtle hint of green as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I’ve said this before, but I really feel like they chose such a dark shade of green as a reference to the Harrington-era set, which had a very dark, almost black shade of green as the base color, with the lighter green color used as an accent. I also think they chose such a dark shade of green so that the yellow uniform pieces and dark green uniform pieces could be mixed and matched and it would still have a similar appearance to the popular black and yellow bumblebee looks they’ve worn in the past. It looks like the new dark green set has effectively replaced having a black set, at least for this season, but it’s still dark enough to have a similar effect as the black while also giving a nice and subtle hint of green as well.

I’m almost positive Joey Harrington’s uni’s were black and forest green. Not 2 shades of green.

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

If that isn’t black there must be something wrong with my phone screen, because I don’t even see a hint of green there.

14 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this is black

KJnwmW6.jpg

EvhGGig.jpg

6IPkhX8.jpg

I have two replicas of the dark green jersey, and have seen team issued versions of both the home and road jerseys from the Harrington-era set. It was definitely an extremely dark shade of green, not black. It often did look black in action, especially on the pants, but it was definitely a dark shade of green rather than black. This quote from an Oregonian article from back when the Harrington-era set was first unveiled even has the official color names that Nike used back in the day; “Tailback Reuben Droughns wore the home uniform, a blending of darker greens -- Nike labeled them mallard green and spruce green”. 

That quote was referenced in this article from a couple years ago:

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2017/04/25_times_oregon_ducks_uniforms.html

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Drastic (sarcasm) change for Auburn, who is breaking out the navy socks and cleats tonight. First time wearing navy footwear since 2015. Team has wore predominately white accessories since 2010.

(unfortunately the only decent photo I can find so far)

EEdbt9_XkAAsXwc?format=jpg&name=small

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

26 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The gophers uniforms look horrible today. I miss their modern classic set, they were perfect!

spacer.png

Man, just had the same thoughts. I can live with the white numbers (though they’re still a downgrade from the gold), but the white collar and cuffs are awful

B8R79WV.jpg

Granted, it could be a lot worse, but it’s just such a downgrade from what they had. Throw that gold facemask and helmet stripe on the previous set and they’d have been set for eternity

This is like the thing with the Yankees’ caps (and a lot of MLB caps)... they are really really really dark navy blue. They look black to my eye, but they are blue.

Oregon’s unis were dark dark green, even though they look black in certain lighting.

Speaking of black, it’s gotta be only a matter of time before someone does a Vantablack helmet, right? (Or Black 2.0 or 3.0)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I have two replicas of the dark green jersey, and have seen team issued versions of both the home and road jerseys from the Harrington-era set. It was definitely an extremely dark shade of green, not black. It often did look black in action, especially on the pants, but it was definitely a dark shade of green rather than black. This quote from an Oregonian article from back when the Harrington-era set was first unveiled even has the official color names that Nike used back in the day; “Tailback Reuben Droughns wore the home uniform, a blending of darker greens -- Nike labeled them mallard green and spruce green”. 

That quote was referenced in this article from a couple years ago:

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2017/04/25_times_oregon_ducks_uniforms.html

Same shade of black as the Chicago Bears lol. 

Archived