College Football 2019

29texan

24 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well since there is be true “black” color other than vantablack, if it’s close enough to looking like black in 99% of images then it might as well be black.

Except for the fact that the actual paint color of the helmet is dark green. That fact isn’t debatable, regardless of how it looks in natural lighting. Yes in natural lighting it has a tendency to look closer to black than dark green, but the fact of the matter is that the actual color is a very, very dark green.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Except for the fact that the actual paint color of the helmet is dark green. That fact isn’t debatable, regardless of how it looks in natural lighting. Yes in natural lighting it has a tendency to look closer to black than dark green, but the fact of the matter is that the actual color is a very, very dark green.

It seems so superfluous when you have to have the right lighting conditions to see that it's actually green. You can't see the green on TV. You probably can't see the green from the stands. If it's so indistinguishable except under perfect conditions, then why bother? Just make it black and get rid of the ambiguity. It's not as if having black in the color scheme is out of the ordinary for Oregon.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

16 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

It seems so superfluous when you have to have the right lighting conditions to see that it's actually green. You can't see the green on TV. You probably can't see the green from the stands. If it's so indistinguishable except under perfect conditions, then why bother? Just make it black and get rid of the ambiguity. It's not as if having black in the color scheme is out of the ordinary for Oregon.

As I’ve said numerous times on here before, it seems like this new dark green color is in reference to, and maybe even almost an exact match to the dark green color used on the Harrington-era set. So I’d say that’s the rationale for using this dark a shade of green for this season’s uniforms since it’s the 20th anniversary of the introduction of the ‘O’ logo and the ‘99 set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

As I’ve said numerous times on here before, it seems like this new dark green color is in reference to, and maybe even almost an exact match to the dark green color used on the Harrington-era set. So I’d say that’s the rationale for using this dark a shade of green for this season’s uniforms since it’s the 20th anniversary of the introduction of the ‘O’ logo and the ‘99 set.

As been said when it looks black 99% of the time might as well call it black.

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

But that still doesn’t change the fact that it’s actually green. Perception isn’t always the same as reality.

I’m not disputing the fact that it has the slightest tint of green that was added to black. I’m going to call it black because that’s what it looks like.

41 minutes ago, dont care said:

I’m not disputing the fact that it has the slightest tint of green that was added to black. I’m going to call it black because that’s what it looks like.

I mean yeah, that’s fine. But it’s still green.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

All this back and forth about Oregon's dark green feels like when fanboys give excuses for their teams. 

"Well, our center couldn't pick up that sack, but he IS the first player in school history from a Pacific island nation to earn a scholarship." 

"Our WR has only caught six passes this year, but he's blocked like 50 dudes for our RB." 

Yeah, yeah, technically green. But it looks black. And Oregon? You of all people should know the adage, "if it walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck..." 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Name 10 uniforms worse than theirs?

Michigan State’s latest alternate.

The Browns’ entire set.

The Bucs’ entire set.

The Jags’ old set.

Several of the PJ Fleck-era WMU uniforms.

Arizona’s current uniforms (and former gradient uniforms).

The Bills’ 2000’s uniforms.

The Falcons, Cardinals, and Bengals current sets.

Memphis’ current set.

All of the old Russell Athletic pajama uniforms.

I feel like I could go and on. Saying their current set is the worst in the football world is just ridiculous. And even though some of their prior sets have been plenty flashy and unconventional, I’d argue that calling those among the worst in the football world is just about as ridiculous as well. Dragging on Oregon sure is a common theme around here, but I’d say ~90% of it is pretty off base and unjustified.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Lol good point. I was mainly referring to this train wreck of a set:

spacer.png

I swear, it's always like Jacksonville is one or two pieces away from having one of the better uniforms in the NFL... and they always fail. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived