College Football 2019

29texan

11 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Or don’t - they look so much better with italics than block numbers, IMO. 

We're in agreement. I meant to tell the Steelers they should also drop their italics. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida State is reportedly exploring potential uniform changes. I'd like to see them go with something similar to their previous set with white numbers and feathers on the collar and cuffs. The current font can stay, though. 

https://www.nolegameday.com/sources-fsu-nike-exploring-changes-to-uniform-in-near-future/

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Florida State is reportedly exploring potential uniform changes. I'd like to see them go with something similar to their previous set with white numbers and feathers on the collar and cuffs. The current font can stay, though. 

https://www.nolegameday.com/sources-fsu-nike-exploring-changes-to-uniform-in-near-future/

+1 and make the pants metallic gold...this makes way too much sense and does not provide nike enough design work so obviously it will not happen.

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I hope they go back to white numbers outlined in gold. I hate the gold numbers. Too Boston College-y.

And yes go back to metallic pants.

On 2/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, kabbey520 said:

Not my concept, but I'd go with something like this, removing the stripes from the red & blue helmets, and a white facemask on the white helmet.

Image result for arizona wildcats football uniform concepts

These are awesome! Would love to see Arizona go back to something similar to this. I'd second the idea of changing the blue jersey numbers to white.

I’m excited to see what FSU can do. I think their current uniforms are good and a few tweaks away from being a great modern set.

First, they need to move on from the Mach Speed template. I feel like I’ve been waiting on them to change this for 3 years now. It’s just not a good look. The collar gets cut off and the sleeve caps have a weird shape to them with pointy edges.

5ed40d88-ef40-4c67-8b87-84e4577817c1-FSU

Jacques+Patrick+Florida+State+Spring+Gam

Hopefully they go to the Vapor Untouchable or something similar with a full collar but not as oversized as the old templates. While the old template’s collar was a bit oversized, the full collar was much nicer. Additionally, the sleeve design was a simple cap with a basic loop shape to it. It had none of the pointy edges or weird shapes as the current design. I feel like this aspect isn’t acknowledged much but it definitely changes the look to me.

jalen-ramsey-ncaa-football-virginia-flor

jameis-winston-ncaa-football-florida-sta

They need to revert back to the white numbers trimmed in gold on the home set and keep the garnet numbers trimmed in gold on the white set. The gold numbers on the garnet look too much like BC.

461080123.0.jpg

I think the pattern on both the collar and the sleeve caps is a bit overkill. I’d limit it to either only the sleeve caps or the collar and cuffs, similar to their old design you see above on Jameis Winston.

Keep the current font, it’s nice.

I’d limit the combinations. There’s no reason to be mixing and matching the garnet/black helmets with the road set or the garnet pants with the black jerseys. All those were weird. This is not what FSU should look like:

Florida%20State%20Louisville%20Football.

usa_today_11687766.0.jpg

Stick with garnet and gold, occasionally mixing in the garnet pants on both the home and road sets. Maybe white pants for the road. Classic FSU combos.

I’m OK with the black set since they’ve been doing it for so long but I think it could be better. I can’t find it right now, but there was an image floating around of a recruit wearing the black jersey with the traditional gold lid and pants. I thought that was a really sharp look. Similar to how Notre Dame wears the green and Georgia wears the black. Just a simple jersey swap. It retains the rest of the classic uniform and it doesn’t need to be black head to toe.

15 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

Yes, a Willie Taggart led uniform revolution screams "back to basics!" 

Careful what you wish for.

Isn’t “back to basics” exactly what he did the one year he was at Oregon?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Isn’t “back to basics” exactly what he did the one year he was at Oregon?

I think that was the message but if you go back through that season and count the combos, one-offs, and variety of designs it was pretty standard oregon. You could make a strong argument that last season was in fact "btb".

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

They need to revert back to the white numbers trimmed in gold on the home set and keep the garnet numbers trimmed in gold on the white set. The gold numbers on the garnet look too much like BC.

461080123.0.jpg

I think the pattern on both the collar and the sleeve caps is a bit overkill. I’d limit it to either only the sleeve caps or the collar and cuffs, similar to their old design you see above on Jameis Winston.

This. Right here. Simple. Either reclaim the Glades Bold or keep the Unconquered...either way it needs to be white on the garnet.

And speaking of reclaiming, and of garnet...Florida State needs to reclaim THAT shade of garnet (& gold) back. I've never cared for the now-current shade. I know that was just Nike getting FSU onto it's standard "dark red" swatch (right in line with Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma, and probably USC too), but it's just too dark (and the facemasks appear dang near purple sometimes).

Make this simple, Florida State. Pleeeeaaase make this simple.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 2/7/2019 at 11:43 AM, kabbey520 said:

Not my concept, but I'd go with something like this, removing the stripes from the red & blue helmets, and a white facemask on the white helmet.

Image result for arizona wildcats football uniform concepts

Take the one on the left, change the big numbers to white, maybe keep the shoulder numbers red, and as you said, white facemask. Then make a road variation (with blue or white pants) and an alternate red variation (with white pants). Same helmet for all three. Then something copper-themed as a once-per-year alternate. No need for this team to get more complicated than that. They have a classic color scheme and strong logo.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, aawagner011 said:

I’m excited to see what FSU can do. I think their current uniforms are good and a few tweaks away from being a great modern set.

First, they need to move on from the Mach Speed template. I feel like I’ve been waiting on them to change this for 3 years now. It’s just not a good look. The collar gets cut off and the sleeve caps have a weird shape to them with pointy edges.

5ed40d88-ef40-4c67-8b87-84e4577817c1-FSU

Jacques+Patrick+Florida+State+Spring+Gam

Hopefully they go to the Vapor Untouchable or something similar with a full collar but not as oversized as the old templates. While the old template’s collar was a bit oversized, the full collar was much nicer. Additionally, the sleeve design was a simple cap with a basic loop shape to it. It had none of the pointy edges or weird shapes as the current design. I feel like this aspect isn’t acknowledged much but it definitely changes the look to me.

jalen-ramsey-ncaa-football-virginia-flor

jameis-winston-ncaa-football-florida-sta

461080123.0.jpg

Keep the current font, it’s nice.

I’d limit the combinations. There’s no reason to be mixing and matching the garnet/black helmets with the road set or the garnet pants with the black jerseys. All those were weird. This is not what FSU should look like:

Florida%20State%20Louisville%20Football.

usa_today_11687766.0.jpg

Stick with garnet and gold, occasionally mixing in the garnet pants on both the home and road sets. Maybe white pants for the road. Classic FSU combos.

I’m OK with the black set since they’ve been doing it for so long but I think it could be better. I can’t find it right now, but there was an image floating around of a recruit wearing the black jersey with the traditional gold lid and pants. I thought that was a really sharp look. Similar to how Notre Dame wears the green and Georgia wears the black. Just a simple jersey swap. It retains the rest of the classic uniform and it doesn’t need to be black head to toe.

If they just scaled the pattern on the sleeve caps to match the collar, it wouldn't need an overhaul.  The garnet helmet is damn good looking.

15 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I really like the current FSU set the only thing that bothered me was when they changed the collar. I dont understand why it changed with the template update.

hi-res-79c45a6109216e6fef2c50937ea44bf0_

Garnet is also great as an alt helmet.

When they updated their uniform template, they went to Nike's Vapor Untouchable cut, which features a mesh insert at the "peak" of the collar. The mesh cant really be printed on:

20180329_144611_1400x.jpg?v=1522356512

^^This isn't actually the same jersey cut that FSU currently has (at least i dont think), but it illustrates the mesh better than any pic i could come up with.

6 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

When they updated their uniform template, they went to Nike's Vapor Untouchable cut, which features a mesh insert at the "peak" of the collar. The mesh cant really be printed on:

I'm aware they did this because of the mesh, but that doesn't mean they couldn't replace the mesh with regular fabric.

3 hours ago, tmacsports said:

Some of the top tier Nike programs will be using the new template that Oregon wore last season with the big numbers.  I know of one school specifically.  And if they are getting it, I'm sure others are too.

Any more you can elaborate regarding the template or the team wearing bigger numbers? From what I can tell, the template looks exactly the same from the Vapor Untouchable aside from a flat bottom v-neck collar instead of a full v-neck. It looks like it has the same belly and back mesh, the Y shaped seams down the back, the simple sleeve caps, mesh on the calves of the pants, as well as the inner thigh seam which has that squiggly shape to it. I cannot see any differences beyond the collar. Looks like a modified Vapor Untouchable. I recall seeing Oregon practicing in some new templates. Maybe one of those will be the new design? I hope the big numbers isn’t a trend that catches on. Looks terrible.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived