17 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

True, but that’s also a byproduct of a lazy colloquialism bending the inherent meaning, function, and/or symbolism in something.

Some tridents are pitchforks, and some pitchforks are tridents, but they’re not necessarily synonyms. In these cases, the barbs are what make them fishing tridents (that’s what prevents the fish from sliding off the tines when you pull it out, whereas ag forks are typically designed to slide cleanly in and out of dirt or hay, with the spacing and number of tines varying depending on the intended function).

Eloquently spoken...

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

LSU going white/purple/white for the second week in a row, this time on the road at Vanderbilt:

Love LSU in purple jerseys. Hate them in white helmets and white pants. As an alum, I just want to see the yellow (it's not a true gold) helmet and yellow pants, whether it's with white or purple jerseys. We don't need alternate helmets and alternate pants.

Has Usc's number color not always matched their pants color? White/black/red just seems awkward for Utah. 

A bad night for CFB

Boise in all black with AF in white/white/grey/blue or white socks  

Enter sarcastic tone I really like Boise's black letters on their nob and their black on black wordmark. A rather colorless game.   Theyre basically a black/grey team tonight. 

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

There's no way Disney could send a C&D to ASU. 

"Please stop using a cartoon logo that, based on a rumor, kinda/sorta looks like our guy if you look hard at it" isn't the strongest legal case. 

Plus it seems like there's a huge laches issue here. I mean, if you're going to sue on your trademark/copyright/publicity rights, you should have done so a loooooonnnnnggg time ago. Seems to me like they could have ASU law clinic students spend 25 minutes to draft the response/summary judgment motion and be fine.

11 hours ago, MattMill said:

Has Usc's number color not always matched their pants color? White/black/red just seems awkward for Utah. 

A bad night for CFB

Boise in all black with AF in white/white/grey/blue or white socks  

Enter sarcastic tone I really like Boise's black letters on their nob and their black on black wordmark. A rather colorless game.   Theyre basically a black/grey team tonight. 

Yes, USC’s numbers have always been gold.

17 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

True, but that’s also a byproduct of a lazy colloquialism bending the inherent meaning, function, and/or symbolism in something.

Some tridents are pitchforks, and some pitchforks are tridents, but they’re not necessarily synonyms. In these cases, the barbs are what make them fishing tridents (that’s what prevents the fish from sliding off the tines when you pull it out, whereas ag forks are typically designed to slide cleanly in and out of dirt or hay, with the spacing and number of tines varying depending on the intended function).

I’d have to say you’re probably overthinking this whole thing just a bit 😂

Watching ISU/ULM, it’s a shame that ULM can have gold pants and Iowa State can’t. Also wish ISU would’ve gone with red or black helmets, especially with ULM wearing white helmets/jerseys

Ohio State To Wear Helmet Decal In Honor Of Late Heisman Trophy Winner Howard “Hopalong” Cassady

September 21, 2019 - 16:36 PM

The Ohio State football team will be outfitted this afternoon with a helmet decal in honor of 1955 Heisman Trophy winner Howard “Hopalong” Cassady, who passed away on Friday at age 85. Cassady, who played for the Buckeyes from 1952-55, […]

Read More...

11 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Watching ISU/ULM, it’s a shame that ULM can have gold pants and Iowa State can’t. Also wish ISU would’ve gone with red or black helmets, especially with ULM wearing white helmets/jerseys

Iowa State has gold pants, they just chose not to wear them. 

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Iowa State has gold pants, they just chose not to wear them. 

But wouldn’t they still be the old ones? When they unveiled their new uniforms they didn’t have gold pants as an option

It's great seeing LSU in purpe jerseys--even greater that it's against an SEC opponent (Vanderbilt, who is going GFGS--Gray for Gray's Sake)

Edited by msubulldog
I accidentally clicked on an icon I didn't intend to

Are SMU's Dallas uniforms new?

4 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

New for this season.  They were wore first against North Texas on September 7.

Video with some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

Really excited to see this combo on the field, as the green and white is a fantastic pairing. 

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I’d have to say you’re probably overthinking this whole thing just a bit 😂

Complacency is how we get ourselves into messes like this in the first place, my friend.

Like, even when it takes almost zero effort to get it right, we still can’t even be bothered, and that’s really sad.

51 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

And is this TCU set new for this season? Those are fantastic. If Nike is going to insist on using those weird screen print patterns on the shoulders of football jerseys, that’s probably the best way they could possibly do it. 

TCU has a bit of a weird identity, but I think they always look great. 

I know this’ll be unpopular, but.....

This

nQkeUAN.jpg

is better than this

k8WXMZJ.jpg

2 minutes ago, jn8 said:

This

nQkeUAN.jpg

is better than this

k8WXMZJ.jpg

Honestly, they should've did a color swap and call it a day. Not that the new unis are bad, but yeah, you know...

25 minutes ago, jn8 said:

This

nQkeUAN.jpg

is better than this

k8WXMZJ.jpg

Nope. I totally agree with you. 

Washington at BYU is just downright gorgeous.